Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2023 Roster Cuts News & Speculation Thread

MartinC

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I recall there was some talk from beat reporters that this team had some interest in Zach Kuntz predraft.

2 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Let's do it! Kuntz for free? 

All I gotta say, is that middle school must've been brutal....

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Along that same thought process I think I found our LB, just released by the Panthers, Bumper Pool 6' 2" 235 lb out of Arkansas. Gotta do it!

Bumper Pool might be better suited for the XFL....he sounds like a perfect fit there.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Bumper Pool might be better suited for the XFL....he sounds like a perfect fit there.

Cue up the puns, kid cant get a break.

What the hell were his parents thinking? At least they didn't name him Pocket.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Haha 2

https://www.threads.net/@adamschefter/post/Cwf8fXgJ_5q/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Colt McCoy released - not that we will have any interest but it means either Dobbs or Tune will be starting against us in two weeks.

Murray is staying on the PUP which means he misses the first four weeks minimum. Rumors in Phoenix he may not play this season at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MartinC said:

https://www.threads.net/@adamschefter/post/Cwf8fXgJ_5q/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Colt McCoy released - not that we will have any interest but it means either Dobbs or Tune will be starting against us in two weeks.

Murray is staying on the PUP which means he misses the first four weeks minimum. Rumors in Phoenix he may not play this season at all. 

I was about to post this exact thing. Dobbs might outsmart our defense. He's an actual rocket scientist!!

• Like 1

Browns just cut Wes Martin.. reality is all this worry over bottom of the roster players that never played a down in the NFL is premature.. Vast majority of the players we want to get to the practice squad will get there.. including Fromm. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oraphus said:

Browns just cut Wes Martin.. reality is all this worry over bottom of the roster players that never played a down in the NFL is premature.. Vast majority of the players we want to get to the practice squad will get there.. including Fromm. 

You may be right but you may be wrong here. Buffalo, KC and now Philly are all said to be unhappy with their backup QB situations and are looking around. Contracts come into play as well. If we really like Fromm over Brissette we should look to deal JB and get an asset for him. That's what I think. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

If we really like Fromm over Brissette we should look to deal JB and get an asset for him. That's what I think. 

"We" as in fans? lol...

17 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Two trades today. Both involving offensive linemen. However, neither involved the Commanders. Clearly Ron thinks we're in good shape, in that regard. He's either a genius or a moron. We'll find out soon enough.

Or--hear me out--he thinks the two OLinemen aren't any better than what we already have, so why give up assets for a lateral move? Maybe?

EDIT: Or--OR---he did try but was outbid? Perhaps?

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, oraphus said:

Another of our not so great draft selections - Geron Christian just got cut by Miami. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

You may be right but you may be wrong here. Buffalo, KC and now Philly are all said to be unhappy with their backup QB situations and are looking around. Contracts come into play as well. If we really like Fromm over Brissette we should look to deal JB and get an asset for him. That's what I think. 

There is no way that Brissett is being traded. He’s the backup.

With a young first time starter you need an experienced vet behind him. Zero chance we go into the season with essentially a rookie starter and Jake Fromm as the backup. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I was hoping to play Colt McCoy week 1. Now we have a bit of a challenge.  Still no excuse to lose against Arizona. 

Revenge game Colt seems like a less favorable matchup than Josh Dobbs who they signed a week ago. Not exactly concerned. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, terpfan said:

Revenge game Colt seems like a less favorable matchup than Josh Dobbs who they signed a week ago. Not exactly concerned. 

Agreed. I believe Colt has beaten us in the past as a member of the Giants. And I also believe he also helped us beat the cowboys in a game where we were heavy under dogs. Too lazy to fact check those.  

I'd rather face Dobbs who is only been there a short period of time or a rookie like Tune in his first NFL game than face Colt.

10 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Texans are cutting LB / captain Christian Kirksey.  He has done well with both run defense and pass coverage in the past.  30 years old. So Rivera is probably thinking, nothing to see here.

Not the end all be all but his PFF grades are brutal. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Agreed. I believe Colt has beaten us in the past as a member of the Giants. And I also believe he also helped us beat the cowboys in a game where we were heavy under dogs. Too lazy to fact check those.  

I'd rather face Dobbs who is only been there a short period of time or a rookie like Tune in his first NFL game than face Colt.

Cards OC came from the Browns and Dobbs spent time with him there. He will know the system/verbiage.

• Thanks 1