Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sky: Ex-teacher tells court her life has been 'torn to pieces' by pony hitting case

Cooked Crack

A former teacher who was seen kicking and slapping a pony has told a court she made "minimal contact" with the animal - and she and her children have received death threats since the incident. 

Sarah Moulds "chastised" a grey pony named Bruce Almighty, according to prosecutors, after the animal ran into a road in Lincolnshire in November 2021. 

The 39-year-old lost her job as a teacher over the incident but denies two animal cruelty offences, claiming her actions were proportionate and necessary in the circumstances.

She said: "In that moment [Bruce] has done something incredibly dangerous and, in that exact moment, I decided that the right thing to do was discipline him quickly. 

"In reality, in that moment, it was four seconds. 

"My intention was then, and always was, to discipline Bruce in the moment so that he does not do it again.  "There was minimal contact and it was so quick and so short."

The pony is still owned by Moulds, lives on her property in Somerby, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, and has a "wonderfully idyllic" life, she said. 

Moulds also said that she, her family and Bruce, had not returned to trail hunting due to death threats made to herself and her children. 

She said: "I certainly will never strike a horse, discipline a horse, in that manner because my life has been torn to pieces as a result of that four-second decision."

Moulds was dismissed from her position at the Mowbray Education Trust in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, in December 2021. In January 2022, she was charged with two offences under the Animal Welfare Act 2006. 

Moulds denies causing an animal unnecessary suffering to a protected animal and not taking reasonable steps to protect the animal from pain, suffering, injury or disease. 

The trial continues.

I don’t believe that lady has the punching power to one hitter quitter that horse and this entire ordeal strikes me as overblown to the point of absurdity. She lost her career over this? They couldn’t have just called her in the office and told her “wtf Janet (or whatever), no more punching horses!”

also, because i can’t resist:

image.gif.d32b58887630e3886d1e3cb3ab801af0.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

LOL this reminds me of a news story from ~2007 when Chad Ochocinco raced a horse as part of a promotional stunt.  Of course this was literally weeks after the Michaek Vick dogfighting scandal broke, so the headline, "Chad Ochocinco beats a horse," went viral.

• Haha 3

Sarah Moulds: Ex-teacher filmed 'slapping and kicking' Bruce Almighty horse found not guilty of animal cruelty

A former teacher has been found not guilty of animal cruelty after video footage showed her kicking and slapping a horse.

Sarah Moulds had been accused of causing unnecessary suffering to a protected animal - a grey pony she still owns called Bruce Almighty.

The 39-year-old, who lost her job as a teacher after being filmed, claimed her actions were proportionate and necessary in the circumstances.

Speaking outside Lincoln Crown Court afterwards, she said there are "two sides to every story" and "in this digital age, misinformation can spread like wildfire".

Click on the link for the full article