Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Preseason: The Commanders vs. The Ravens - The Commanders Strike Back!!!

zCommander

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Other than Jamin I am not sure how much the rest of them will be on the field. Tons of nickel and dime coming this year. Could be why they dont value the position. 

I understand that this is something we think we’re going to find success with… and I can see why. Our personnel certainly favors a 5-1 or 4-1 type of personnel… but at some point the lack of linebackers is going to hurt us. 

Having even two backers on the field provides a lot more flexibility in the defense (as you know).

But considering we’ve not thoroughly addressed the position who knows. I just know that when I see Sweat and Young drop in coverage it hurts me inside.

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

the idea is that going into year 4 they shouldn’t, if the FO has been successful in their duties. You can’t be the little brother of the NFL forever 

Even if I agree with you, which I do...its the Ravens, bro.

How many team's typically have more depth then them?  Theres a reason they they own record for preseason wins in a row.

*throws up hands

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Kyshoen Jarrett. That wasn't just "a stinger" though. His nerves were severed (I think?)

Yeah it was misreported as a stinger at first, but his arm completely atrophied while his nerves recovered (and they never fully did) that was a crazy freak injury and probably effects his quality of life to this day. Horrible luck 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Kyshoen Jarrett. That wasn't just "a stinger" though. His nerves were severed (I think?)

Yes but a stinger is what they initially called it. Anyway my point was I don’t have a lot of faith in initial Washington medical diagnosis.

• Like 2