Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today: Eggo launches Brunch in a Jar liqueur to spice up brunch

Cooked Crack

54 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

No bottles. Everything they sell seems to be in mason jars. Jars with Chipper Jones on some of them. 🤣

image.thumb.png.ff21f4578f03779eabbc75d83ef7a009.png

I've got some Chipper stories. 

They're not good. 

What was that sweet tea vodka that was out about a decade ago?  Tasted great, worst hangover ever. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Waiting for Waffle House to throw their hat in the ring here.

That will come with this...

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Probably because bloody Mary’s are nasty

I used to be a bartender, you just have to know how to make them. I used to hate them too until I figured out how to make a great one.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Keep eem to yourself. I don't need you depreciating the value of his rookie cards. 🤪

Will do. 

As long as everyone lays off Jagr.  I have 3 of his. 😁  A ton of good stuff, but I'm having trouble getting it all appraised. 

I went to at least one Braves game a week back then, SI had us as the cheapest game/team in sports.  Easy peasy, but not anymore. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

One completely and utterly loses all credibility after describing Eggos as tasting like anything other than cardboard that was used as toilet paper.

That moment when you realize your two year old daughter wont eat them without shmuckers orange marmalade on them...

"it's like she's tryin to tell us someth..."

oh-wow-really.gif

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

That moment when you realize your two year old daughter wont eat them without shmuckers orange marmalade on them...

"it's like she's tryin to tell us someth..."

oh-wow-really.gif

For what they were, the Aunt Jemima frozen waffles were the truth back in the day. Then somewhere along the line, the morons that manufactured them decided they needed to be clones of the Eggo cardboard nastiness. I like to think they were eventually discontinued because of that, but the listeria recall might have played a small part. In another karmic twist, Waffle House decided to add a location within walking distance from our house after we moved here. Take that Eggo!!

• Haha 1

Folks tend to talk about Waffle House like its an gas station bathroom in West Bubble**** until they witness a brand new one...

I used to work at one in Dumfries...thats still closest one to me...carryout only saturday nights now, they couldnt take it anymore...still gets the job done...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/2023/08/22/eggo-brunch-in-a-jar-alcohol/

Eggo’s ‘Brunch in a Jar’ sippin’ cream is a boozy, diabolical disaster

In “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” the mad genius candy-maker Willy Wonka’s confections memorably include a “three-course dinner” chewing gum. The treat delivers to its chewers a succession of flavors that span an entire meal, starting with tomato soup, then moving on to roast beef and baked potatoes, and finally a blueberry pie and ice cream dessert — though Wonka boasted that it could taste like any other menu one might choose.

I thought of this fictional creation when I first encountered waffle-maker Eggo’s new “Brunch in a Jar” drink, a boozy concoction whose Wonka-esque creators designed to impart all the tastes you might find on a combination platter at your local diner — “toasted Eggo waffles, sweet maple syrup and rich butter, with a hint of smoky bacon,” per the promotional materials — in a single glass. The drink is the product of a collaboration with Tennessee-based Sugarlands Distilling, whose rum-infused Appalachian Sippin’ Cream forms the base of the Eggo drink.

While struggling to process this novel substance, I was appalled and curious in equal measure. Was this some kind of bizarre meal-replacement product, with the added bonus of a buzz (thanks to the 20 percent ABV)? No. Apparently it’s meant to be consumed alongside … real Eggo waffles in their solid form. And what in the name of Saint Dolly Parton is “sippin’ cream”? A visit to the company’s website reveals that it’s a rich beverage infused with dessert flavors including banana pudding and dark chocolate and coffee. These were not particularly reassuring answers.

• 3 months later...