Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today: Eggo launches Brunch in a Jar liqueur to spice up brunch

Cooked Crack

bafkreibqmjvwsjzdifcjzh7v32novddhnwy46qstizi576l2zqt7wy7gam@jpeg

Eggo, the company known for its delicious waffles, has teamed up with Sugarlands Distilling Co. to launch a new boozy innovation: Eggo Brunch in a Jar Sippin' Cream. 

According to the Kellogg Company, the parent company of Eggo, the liqueur "seamlessly blends the flavors of toasted Eggo waffles, sweet maple syrup and rich butter, with a hint of smoky bacon."

Sugarlands Distilling Co. is a craft distillery located in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. It was founded in 2014 and produces a full line of craft moonshines and sippin' creams, according to the news release. 

"Our distillery team crafted Eggo Brunch in a Jar to combine flavors of toasted Eggo waffles, rich maple syrup and notes of creamy butter, with a savory hint of bacon in every sip," said Greg Eidam, master distiller at Sugerlands Distilling Co. "Eggo Brunch in a Jar is the perfect way to elevate weekend brunch with a fun ****tail or to enjoy classic brunch flavors during your well-deserved 'me time' in the evening."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2023/08/15/eggo-brunch-in-a-jar-liqueur/70595854007/

Mmm.. sippin' cream. Something I've definitely heard of before today.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

40 proof? What kinda liqueur they put in it? What kinda liquor can I put in it to raise that proof to a big boi number? 🤭

40 proof is surprisingly effective when it’s in your morning coffee and you drive 6 cups of coffee

one of my favorite things is that, or mimosas or mojitos in the morning 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I would try this.

Honestly, if a company known to be a bit higher class than, ahem, EGGO WAFFLES created a product like this, I'd be excited to try it.  If Beam Suntory said they've partnered with some fancy-sounding farm and painstakingly created a cream liquor that tastes like brunch, that'd be great.

Here, unfortunately, Eggo is like "WE DONE MADE SOME WAFFLE BOOZE YALL" and that's just not as appealing. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

40 proof is surprisingly effective when it’s in your morning coffee and you drive 6 cups of coffee

one of my favorite things is that, or mimosas or mojitos in the morning 

Heathen....

You left off bloody mary for a morning drink

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I would try this.

Honestly, if a company known to be a bit higher class than, ahem, EGGO WAFFLES created a product like this, I'd be excited to try it.  If Beam Suntory said they've partnered with some fancy-sounding farm and painstakingly created a cream liquor that tastes like brunch, that'd be great.

Here, unfortunately, Eggo is like "WE DONE MADE SOME WAFFLE BOOZE YALL" and that's just not as appealing. 

Delivering it in a mason jar is a nice classy touch. Presumably they’re expecting their clientele to drink the whole thing straight from the jar.

The distillery who makes it have all kinds of product for people who like their alcohol contaminated with all sorts of random ****.

https://www.sugarlands.com/moonshine/

IMG_4835.jpeg

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

The distillery who makes it have all kinds of product for people who like their alcohol contaminated with all sorts of random ****.

This is a ghastly den of horrors. 

Edit:  This also reminds me to go check on my pea infused gin that I made over the weekend. :)

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Girl, you a mess.

Mai Tai or Screwdriver are better “brunch” drinks… if your in laws are watching a mimosa ain’t terrible either… 

14 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This is a ghastly den of horrors. 

Edit:  This also reminds me to go check on my pea infused gin that I made over the weekend. :)

What are you planning to do with that?

9 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Peas, I'm not irish.

Recent visitors from Cork brought us a bottle of Garnish Island Gin. Very smooth and infused with “locally foraged botanicals some of which include hibiscus, iris, rose, rosemary and thyme.”

IMG_4838.png

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

It specifically says there are "stories in every jar". Hopefully one is about why there's a pig dressed all fancy on the label. 🐖

Moonshiners are no fans of Communism, so probably a George Orwell Animal Farm reference.

• Haha 3