Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is what the kids are watching? (NPC streaming)

Cooked Crack

NPC Streaming is a type of TikTok LIVE stream in which the streamer acts or is perceived as acting like a video game NPC by mimicking idle animations, only saying something or performing a specific action when gifted, the action or phrase changing depending on the gift. The streams began to increase in virality throughout 2022 and were popularized by TikTokers like Natuecoco, notably going viral across Twitter and other platforms in July 2023 when TikToker Pinkydoll's videos gained widespread attention.

One of the earliest known TikTok Live streamers to do NPC streams is @natuecoco, a Japanese TikToker. During her livestreams, she often acts like a video game NPC by lightly bouncing or performing what looks like an "idle animation," only reacting when she's given a gift. On February 4th, 2022, TikToker[1] Satoyu0704, also known as the Ohio Final Boss, posted a video that showed a screen recording of a collab Live between him and Natuecoco in which they pretended to be NPCs and battled for prizes (shown below, left). She continued to do lives like this throughout the year and TikTokers began referring to her as an NPC. For example, on November 22nd, 2022, TikToker[2] @bobbysie posted a clip calling her an NPC that gained over 2.5 million views in eight months

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/npc-streaming

• Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

28 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

man I tell yinz I'm too old for this TikTok **** and now the NPC trend, I'm so lost

what happened to the old days of instagram

Why are you using yinz? You don't live in and/or aren't from western PA, right?

Edited by The Evil Genius

57 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Why are you using yinz? You don't live in and/or aren't from western PA, right?

Reminds me of my favorite Pittsburgh song.

Shut up and drink you’re barely even pregnant,

that’s what yinz get for growing up in Pittsburgh.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

People ask me why I don't do cartoons anymor.
I did some in 2019, first ones in years, and they did OK, got a bunch of hits.

But not even a hundredth of the hits a big fat guy got for chugging a 2 liter of Mountain Dew after cramming an entire Big Mac into his mouth.
That's discouraging.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 3
  • Thumb up 2

Kids like dumb things, but you can't pin this solely on kids. I've been to Walmart, and I've seen how long it takes for adults to stand in front of the milk fridges, staring into depths beyond our perceived worlds and contemplating the moral, ecological, and nutritional values of milk jugs that expire 1 day later than the ones in their hands.

Kids pay to watch it with money, I pay with the knowledge that a more than insignificant amount of my lifetime was spent waiting for my chance to spend 5 seconds picking out the newest milk jug.

Not bothered by this.  I am glad to see creative and talented people grind and be successful on a platform like YouTube and get a large share of whatever income it brings.  The ones linked here pale to the ones on YouTube I saw with over 10M views on some videos.  

No one begrudges Vince McMahon much for his success... but you can't generate silly or funny content.... 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

On 7/19/2023 at 8:06 PM, Bang said:

People ask me why I don't do cartoons anymore.

~Bang

Do you have a link to your old cartoons? Those things were fn classic! Used to look forward to a new one every week!! Anyone who's not seen them should hunt them down and check em' out!  

On 7/19/2023 at 8:06 PM, Bang said:

People ask me why I don't do cartoons anymor.
I did some in 2019, first ones in years, and they did OK, got a bunch of hits.

But not even a hundredth of the hits a big fat guy got for chugging a 2 liter of Mountain Dew after cramming an entire Big Mac into his mouth.
That's discouraging.

~Bang

Yeah it seems to go anywhere these days, you have to appeal to 12 year olds.

I was reading about this YouTube celebrity named "Mr Beat" I think.  One of his "big hits" was simply him counting up to 100,000.  It got like 10M views.

2 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Yeah it seems to go anywhere these days, you have to appeal to 12 year olds.

I was reading about this YouTube celebrity named "Mr Beat" I think.  One of his "big hits" was simply him counting up to 100,000.  It got like 10M views.

100,000 seconds is 27 and 3/4 hours. Assuming he must not be counting 1 per second or that's a long video. 

• 1 month later...