36 members have voted

1. 1. You working today?

• Yes :(
    • Technically yes but my effort will be lacking
    • Off today
    • Retired/Unemployed
    • Taking the whole week off

4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I just checked my calendar and confirmed I have the day off.

I've forgotten how to use that old technology.

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I am “working remotely” from Sandbridge beach. I normally wouldn’t have it off, but my firm declared it a holiday because we won a “best places to work” award.*  I’m still checking emails periodically, and I brought my entire home office setup for Wed-Fri, but so far zero minutes billed. 

* If you want people to respond positively to “best places to work” surveys for extremely overworked people, use a day off in July that creates a 4 day weekend as a carrot. 

What kind of woke bull**** is this? I miss the old days when senior partners in a law firm would have seen a "best places to work award" as a badge of shame.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

What kind of woke bull**** is this? I miss the old days when senior partners in a law firm would have seen a "best places to work award" as a badge of shame.

Oh yes, they don’t shut up about the coal mine like conditions when they were associates. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Buzzette has a mouse that moves on its own so she can **** off for hours.

I considered a script that simulated a space bar getting pressed over and over again...that doesn't protect no one from getting calls on Teams, tho.

computer-drinking.gif

• Haha 2

Full day of patients.  And my main assistant (who is brilliant and does a ton of great work for me) is on vacation so it's all on me.  Much worse at my job without her support.   Boooooooo.  Very jealous of who are off.  Enjoy.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I considered a script that simulated a space bar getting pressed over and over again...that doesn't protect no one from getting calls on Teams, tho.

Ignore any calls and tell them that you're a devotee of Cal Newport and were engaged in "deep work" that can't be interrupted.

• Thanks 1

Worked for 30 years at a place with minimal holiday and leave but awesome pay. It was sold and my level position was moved to Utah. Now I do accounting for Prince William County Schools. Crazy leave, crazy holidays, and they don’t really care when you take it. It’s culturally shocking. But I’m loving it. So off today. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6

12 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Whatever you're doing, I love your tweets, wish you would share them here. 

😄..  well, I'm a slut, but not THAT big of a slut.
I'm the graphic designer for the F-18 program office. Working graphics super cool fighter jets all day.

~Bang

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Getting little kids up on wakeboards or surf boards for the first time is awesome. It’s also a lesson in how big of sissies adults are. This little 8 year old wouldn’t quit and when he finally got in the boat after getting up a few times his mother asked “if you didn’t get up how long would you have stayed out there trying?”

Without hesitation “all day”

Also met neighbors daughter who’s 25 and runs marathons and gets up at 6:30 am to bike however many miles as warm up to wakeboarding. So. Gonna start leaving the lazies at the house to sleep on and wife and kids will pick her up off the dock and go surfing and wakeboarding in the morning

i can’t get people to wake up and be ready to go any earlier than 10:30. When everyone else is heading out and the water gets choppy

former head of us Olympic wakeboarding team, and 5 time world champion wakeboarder, grew up next door. He’s got 3 Australian pros in for the summer training with him. So at least I got the watch them this morning. Crazy watching people do flips and twists and just never fall. Ever. 

• Thumb up 1