Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Most Hated Brands in America

China

These are the 7 most hated brands in America—Elon Musk’s Twitter is No. 4

Twitter, Meta and TikTok are three of the world’s biggest social media giants.

They’re also three of the brands with the worst reputations in the U.S., according to the recently released 2023 Axios Harris Poll 100 reputation rankings.

Millions of monthly active users across the country couldn’t keep the social media companies off the list, which Axios and The Harris Poll compiled by asking more than 16,000 Americans to score the 100 companies they considered “most visible” across nine categories of reputation.

Meta and Twitter both scored poorly in the “culture” and “ethics” categories. Each business recently faced public backlash after laying off thousands of workers over email — just one in a series of escalating dramas at Twitter, which Fidelity estimates is now worth one-third of the $44 billion Elon Musk paid for it in October 2022.

TikTok underperformed in “citizenship” and “character,” amid growing concerns from American lawmakers over potential Chinese federal government influence on the platform.

They’re not the only brands with low approval ratings right now. Here are the seven brands with the worst reputations in America, according to the poll:

1. The Trump Organization
  2. FTX
  3. Fox Corporation
  4. Twitter
  5. Meta
  6. Spirit Airlines
  7. TikTok

Americans named the Trump Organization as the company with the worst public perception in the country. It’s the only business on the list with a “very poor” overall score, the lowest possible tier.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Surprised @TradeTheBeal! didn’t say Bernie Bros or Tool. Maybe he was up too late, not thinking clearly, drinking some whiskey and crying in his Mazda while listening to Winger. 

She’s Only Seventeen!!!

Seventeen!!!

She’ll Show You Love Like You’ve Never Seen Ooow!!!

On the contrary, I’m very sympathetic to the plight of Bernie/Tool Bros and remain wholly committed to providing them with the numerous, numerous social/financial support programs they very much need to, with luck, possibly become the owner of a certified pre-owned Mazda.

Surely in the absence of these benefits, they would be Headed for a Heartbreak…and I can’t abide by that.

Also, this outro solo is better than Tool’s whole discography.

Edited by TradeTheBeal!
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This thread has made it way too far without mentioning Nestlé...

I understand that social media companies that spy on us and radicalize people for ad revenue belong on the list. The sort of crazy **** they funnel towards children is reason enough never to let your children near those apps.  

but as you say though, there has to be a place for corporations using child laborers and stealing land and water rights.  Nestle and Cargill stand out.  There are others.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I mean Twitter's on the list.  Don't need to add Elon's companies that have actually had a positive impact to be able to dunk on him.

Eh, I don't think it's so much about dunking on Elon's other companies as it is dunking on Elon's clear ability to bring the value of pretty much anything crashing to the ground nowadays.