Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which car brands have the worst drivers, and why?

China

I came across this article about drivers in the UK:

Britain's rudest and politest drivers ranked: BMW owners are No.1 for bad behaviour on the roads - and Ford motorists are the most well-behaved

BMW drivers have been voted the rudest motorists on Britain’s roads followed by Audi owners, according to a nationwide survey.

Half of those polled said BMW drivers were the most unpleasant, while Audi drivers attracted 28 per cent of the vote in this category.

The top five was completed by Mercedes-Benz (17 per cent), Land Rover (15 per cent) and Porsche (11 per cent). 

Ford motorists were voted the politest, scoring 21 per cent of the vote, followed by Kia (16 per cent), while Toyota and Nissan were tied on 15 per cent.

BMW drivers were voted the most likely to hog the middle lane (according to 38 per cent of respondents), brake suddenly to scare the person behind (34 per cent), overtake (25 per cent), and not merge until the very last minute (35 per cent).

Click on the link for the full article

It occurs to me that there are similar personality types for drivers of various brands of cars in the US.  So, in your opinion, what at the worst car drivers, of which brands, and why?

I'll give an example.  To me, Mercedes drivers are terrible, because they feel entitled, as if they own the road, and are oblivious to everyone else who should just put up with their stupidity and poor driving - little people who should genuflect and give them right of way.

1. Nissan Altima - always beaten to hell, no headlines on in the rain, tailgating you even when you're not in the left lane 

2. Dodge/Ram Pickup - quintessential little dick energy. Giant tow mirrors, lifted, "Dont tread on me" and "Thin blue line stickers" comically bright amazon aftermarket headlights, so close in traffic that you're not sure they can actually see you. 

3. Toyota Prius - slow as **** and always in the way. FADED political bumper sticker they never removed. They stop the moment the light hits yellow and will pull in front of you and then stop. 

4. Whatever the most "Mom" car was10-15 years ago. The 2009 Honda pilot that used to chauffer little Maykyelyeea or is now her car. Good luck. Hope they don't park next to you. 

But regardless of make, model or age, the worst car on the road in the DMV is any car with a Diplomat plate. Could be a 2000 Toyota Matrix and it could be a Range Rover. Still a menace. 

• Thumb up 2

The more expensive your car, the likelier you are to be a rude driver: study

According to the study, there seems to be a direct correlation between vehicle price and a failure to yield, giving us visions of phone-wielding BMW drivers hollering “You shall not pass!” while brandishing soiled copies of Forbes magazine. Once the math was calculated, it showed odds of a driver yielding to a crosswalk pedestrian decreased 3 per cent per US$1,000 increase in vehicle value.

Click on the link for the full article

Edited by China
  • Thanks 1

Performance European luxury car drivers and very large and very new pickup trucks. The luxury ones, not the ones driven by people who work for a living. Damn near every time I see someone driving like an absolute maniac it feels like it’s always one of those.

careless drivers?  The ones that will just reverse suddenly in a parking lot without checking.  Virtually always an suv.  

people that don’t seem to know how to drive, the sort happily driving on the shoulder like it’s a road?  Nissan Altima.  Old ones.  

@TheDoyler23 damn good call on the Diplomat plates, that's basically a license to kill round here.

Any car with a "I'm a student driver and please be patient" is either an immediate red blinking threat or a GD liar (I see you with your 3 year old BMW truck as your "first car" texting and drivin in a collared shirt).

And yall taken it too easy on the MAGA folks...nothing screams "I love America, **** you" like all those patriotic tropes all over a Japanese pickup truck...😒...you hoes ain't loyal...

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

And yall taken it too easy on the MAGA folks...nothing screams "I love America, **** you" like all those patriotic tropes all over a Japanese pickup truck...😒...you hoes ain't loyal...

A lot of those Japanese companies build their vehicles here n Murica tho. Toyota and Honda for instance. 

I do agree tho it's quite funny that the crowd what loudly screams America First drive trucks manufactured by foreign companies. Even more so if it has them don't tread on me license plates. 

• Thumb up 1