Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Offseason Mini Camp, OTA’s, Training Camp Discussion Thread: Hallelujah, Josh Harris & Co. Era Edition

Conn

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

They probably just underestimated the need.

The difference is tomorrow there will probably be ten busses where as with Snyder there would suddenly be paid parking at the mall and a meter on the bus you had to run your credit card through to get on.

They definitely underestimated.  I assume they’ve been on the horn all day lining up additional buses.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Can you imagine playing for this team and just now feeling like its a professional organization. The lift they must feel from that alone. 

Staying medium! 

I am Triple Extra Large right now.

I’m damn near about to change my screen name.

I made a lengthy post a month or so ago about how I just can’t see this team winning more than 7 or 8 games.  For a lot of logical, football reasons.

There’s just something about the vibe around this team and the fans right now that smells like 17-0. 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay's podcast partner, Mitch, just said on air he heard from someone that they will have 17 buses for Saturday

That alone demonstrates the level of organizational competence and caring for fans not seen here in 25 years

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

The more excited people get more worried I am about getting excited. How messed up is that? 

Traditionally, I usually get worried as many of the folks that go to these practices don't know what to look for or actively ignore the negatives. Hopefully this year is the opposite. 

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

@BatteredFanSyndrome

Was Howell signing?  Am going Saturday, my kid already has Terry so Howell is his top want.  Just curious if you noticed who was signing in general.

He may have been signing on the other end of the field, by the time he made his way up towards the walkway to the locker room he was being ushered inside pretty quickly.

The players who spent the most time (at least near where we were) Samuel, Fuller, Slye, Sweat, Leno and Gibson.  Terry, the most by a long shot.

We did not see Young or Jon Allen at all.

Dotson was rushed in by handlers who were saying “he’s gotta go” similar to what happened with Sam.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

@BatteredFanSyndrome

Was Howell signing?  Am going Saturday, my kid already has Terry so Howell is his top want.  Just curious if you noticed who was signing in general.

Yes he was but he was among the last to leave the field. The sweet spot to stand is over by the VIP access. My kid got a bunch over there and stood in rose bushes to get them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

@BatteredFanSyndrome

Fromm was waiting for someone to ask for a signature

The players were throwing their towels on him as they passed after wiping their sweat off :ols:

23 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He may have been signing on the other end of the field, by the time he made his way up towards the walkway to the locker room he was being ushered inside pretty quickly.

The players who spent the most time (at least near where we were) Samuel, Fuller, Slye, Sweat, Leno and Gibson.  Terry, the most by a long shot.

It's great to see these guys giving back to the kids!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Del Rio is a solid D.C. Not sure why people hate on him so much. I think our drop off in 2021 was mostly due to just facing an absolutely ridiculous slate of opposing QBs. No defense would have done well against that schedule.

+ the WJIII experimental failure hurt early also.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wonder who was behind the bleacher idea? Hard to believe Dan pushed for it or agreed to pay for it knowing he was selling (though it may have been included in the purchase price and did not affect Dan's bottom line). Jason request it and get approval?

Does not appear there was time for the Harris group to push for it unless there was some serious backdoor pre sale shenanigan's. I don't know, just curious.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I wonder who was behind the bleacher idea? Hard to believe Dan pushed for it or agreed to pay for it knowing he was selling (though it may have been included in the purchase price and did not affect Dan's bottom line). Jason request it and get approval?

Does not appear there was time for the Harris group to push for it unless there was some serious backdoor pre sale shenanigan's. I don't know, just curious.

Harris mentioned that he was able to communicate with Jason for a while to make the transaction go smoothly. It was probably a collaborative effort between those two to get the idea rolling. I think JP Finlay mentioned yesterday that the idea originated from someone on the PR staff with the team. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

😂

There are 3 QBs who have been on the roster since Ron got here who had the physical ability to make that throw:

1. Haskins - he had a cannon.  He could have made the through, but his accuracy was so in consistent, he might have sent the ball into the 4th row.

2 Wentz - he also had a cannon.  Maybe even a better cannon.  But he probably would have been sacked before making the throw.

3. Howell - who just made the throw.

Honorable Mention: Alex Smith pre-injury could have made the throw.  After losing most of his leg to what appeared to be the equivalent of a great white shark attack, not so much.

Kyle Allen didn't have the arm. If Taylor Heinicke attempted the pass it would have been short and picked off.  Unless the side judge knocked down several defenders. Fitz would have suffered a hip subluxation while walking to the huddle.  And I'm not even going to look up the name of that COVID QB guy we had, who couldn't play. Did I miss anybody?

I don't think I missed anybody.  

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Grant Paulsen who was there said the same thing 

Instead of freaking out about the OL, I'm going to be happy, in theory, the OL is facing the best DL in football, and "steel sharpens steel."  

But that's kindof on-brand for me in terms of not freaking out about the OL.

If you are inclined to freak out about the OL, please ...

Top 30 Be Our Guest GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Kyle Allen didn't have the arm. If Taylor Heinicke attempted the pass it would have been short and picked off.  Unless the side judge knocked down several defenders. Fitz would have suffered a hip subluxation while walking to the huddle.  And I'm not even going to look up the name of that COVID QB guy we had, who couldn't play. Did I miss anybody?

I don't think I missed anybody.  

That COVID QB was Garrett Gilbert. He didn't have a cannon, but he did have an Mk 19 grenade launcher. He might have been something if he had more mobility than an Mk19 grenade launcher.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

That COVID QB was Garrett Gilbert. He didn't have a cannon, but he did have an Mk 19 grenade launcher. He might have been something if he had more mobility than an Mk19 grenade launcher.

Yeah, I can't imagine an MK grenade launcher has a lot of mobility.  Seems like it's a pretty stationary piece of equipment.

I am hoping Howell is the main guns of the USS Missouri.  The famous WWII battleship on which the Japanese surrendered, and is now a museum in Pearl Harbor.

Interesting fact:  when the Missouri was retired in the 1990's after serving in the gulf war Part I, it was STILL the fastest war ship in the fleet: a steam powered ship built in the 1930's was faster than modern nuclear powered destroyers and aircraft carriers.  Also, it's main guns, each of which weighing as much as a 747, might have been the longest range artillery ever fired in war.  I might be wrong about that, but it's up there.  

So, Sam Howell, be the USS Missouri: Fast, tough as nails, and massive cannons.

Japan's 1945 WWII Surrender on the USS Missouri Battleship - Warrior Maven:  Center for Military Modernization

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Instead of freaking out about the OL, I'm going to be happy, in theory, the OL is facing the best DL in football, and "steel sharpens steel."  

You definitely have this O line's back.  For those concerned like me, if that unit ends up derailing the season we will know who to egg on about it. 

If you end up right, we need to all go to Vegas and we will let you roll the dice. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1