Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Offseason Mini Camp, OTA’s, Training Camp Discussion Thread: Hallelujah, Josh Harris & Co. Era Edition

Conn

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

****ing Ron is an absolute dip****. I'm tired of defending him. 

Yes he absolutely is QB1 and has been since last season. Maybe this is why he's never been able to find a QB outside of Cam as a #1 pick.

Every other day is something stupid out of his old ass mouth.

Just shut Ron the **** down already.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Forbes is gonna have to go thru that same growth curve BSJ went thru last year where he over committed to face guarding and slowly developed the ability to turn his head.

The ability to shadow a guy is great but if you never even try to locate the ball most QBs will just consider their guy open and wing it in your direction regardless of coverage.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I

Ron can not get out of his own way. Just name Sam the starter - it’s evident that’s what he is right now. If he plays badly and a change is needed make the change - but right now Sam is taking all first team reps, he’s the starter.

9 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Most certainly. I noticed he did this again today and the ball was underthrown. Gonna get a flag every time. 

Ball hit Forbes before he made contact with the receiver. But he has to be careful about timing and getting his head around would help him a lot with officials.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I imagine Ron will name Sam the starter after this weeks game. Gonna file this one under “who gives a ****” with all the other noise/manufactured drama from this off-season. 

Ron should just name Sam the starter and end it.  What he’s doing now just raises more unwanted and unwarranted attention to this formality.  The Colts & Panthers have already announced their starters, and the Texans will be doing so any day now.  It makes no sense to string this along if Sam is performing at or above expectations.  The fans want Howell as the starter, and it makes no sense to bring doubt to that, especially since Sam has looked fine at camp and in the first preseason game.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1

I don't see this as a big deal.

They were intent on being confident that Howell was not gonna faceplant. Otherwise they would have named him the starter in the offseason.

Now its suddenly a problem when they are making sure Howell is not gonna faceplant.

Howell is not in the same position as CJ Stroud and RIchardson in terms of solidity at the QB position, so he is not beholden to the same timetable. Good, Bad or Ugly those guys are their teams future for the foreseeable coming seasons.

As long as Howell keeps doing what he is doing he will start. That is all anyone needs to worry about.

If he does not, we will pivot to JB.

Or maybe our OL is so bad they wanna make sure he gets thru this upcoming game alive lol.

• Like 5

Andre Jones is getting lots of hype. I just watched his college highlights, checked his combine stuff, and he must have really done lots of work this spring/summer. Good frame and length, but that's about it. Limited combine testing was poor.

But I've heard he looks explosive, he's got a spin move, he has some bend. Those didn't show up in the highlights.

So what happened between then and now? Was he just completely uncoached before and had little official physical training? It sounds like Jones is a new man.

• Like 2

"Iron sharpens iron" is such a dumb saying. Iron does not sharpen itself. You need a whetstone or diamondstone. Something harder than the metal. This is good for us because they are a better organization and they have proven that over the years. They are stone, we are soft iron. We need to become hardened steel, truth be told. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Wow we have a ton of edge talent. Efe Obada is looking great, I'm hopeful for KJ Henry and this Andre Jones also? Then you have James Smith Williams also. That's a lot of apparent hits on DE in the draft/PFAs

Wonder if any of them can block?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

"Iron sharpens iron" is such a dumb saying. Iron does not sharpen itself. You need a whetstone or diamondstone. Something harder than the metal. This is good for us because they are a better organization and they have proven that over the years. They are stone, we are soft iron. We need to become hardened steel, truth be told. 

Is this like the saying of the year? Never heard it so much as this year. Im so tired of hearing "iron sharpens iron" even the Ravens broadcasters were saying it yesterday.  Get off my lawn!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3