Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

XL id take the risk. I don't think he'll be there at 36. 

Wilson and Coleman I wouldn't draft. 

I really want Polk and Malik W. That's my day 2&3 picks. Polk is big enough to be a legit X and Malik is so much fun with the ball in his hand. He's like a MJD but at WR.

I can't help but want Rice and McCaffrey on day 3 either. I just know they'll have the work ethic to last in the league.

XL for sure at 36.

I like Coleman, Polk, Malik and Wilson

Would love Rice, McCaffrey or Thrash later. It depends on what they do earlier in the draft

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Sinnott and Cupp have been my boys from day one.

I can see us going with Sanders if he drops, because you're right, we've got nobody dynamic at TE.

I also think Detroit may have raised the bar on drafting the right TE. Sinnott, Stover, Johnson I wouldn't be shocked if any of them went early 2nd.

As you know I've been on the Sinnott train forever too. I have said many times that I think they jump on Sanders.

I think Stover is somehow still being slept on as a ho hum solid player.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I think Corum is one of the exceptional players that catches both the analytics and traditional eye test scouting people napping.  His age is a long term issue, but it also means that he's probably going to be good immediately.  And not just by rookie standards, but potential top five back standards if he ends up on a team like San Diego or Dallas where there is a major workload waiting for him.  I remember seeing a stat earlier in this thread about how bad his yards after contact/forced missed tackles ratings were compared to other backs in the class, and thinking to myself "something doesn't feel right about that."  What was going on finally clicked for me when I watched his magnificent 15 minute long career highlight video:

His running is so phenomenally good that defenders aren't even getting into position to attempt a real tackle on him.  Whether they are unblocked in the hole or at the edge.  He's one of the most unique outside zone runners I've ever seen at the college level, and certainly one of the best at following downfield blocks.  I have never seen someone so comfortable and efficient at cutting back or even reversing field on outside zone runs before.  That's just not done in D1 football and up, and it's so next level to me.  And when it comes to backfield creation, he presses the hole so well, that plays where normal good runners have to do something creative to make the first guy miss don't even typically come up for him.  And yet he never runs up the back of his blocks.  It's ridiculously good pace and timing--God given instincts and quickness.

He is so good, that I'm struggling to explain to myself why I'm resisting putting him in my top 20.  Guys who make high level football look easy, like they're playing Pop Warner at the Power 5 level are special.  Sometimes you just need to turn your brain off and enjoy a special player, and that's what I think needs to be done with Corum.

He had a team visit with New England.  I think there is a good chance he goes at 34.  Yes, there is a big chance that New England comes away with Drake Maye and Kingsley Suamataia.

Damn GC, that was instantly one of the 3 top highlight reels I have ever watched. I'll be honest, I haven't even considered a RB before the 6th or 7th round because of so many needs that we have and how this draft has so many great players at or near our natural slots. I've found 50+ different ways of addressing our most glaring needs of QB, LT, X-WR, RT, DB, EDGE, G, LB, TE and FS that I've figured RB to be a luxury pick. But after watching that, I really don't see how you could pass him up as an AWESOME offensive weapon. And I'll be willing to bet money that Peters has him on his radar.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mudhog said:

Damn GC, that was instantly one of the 3 top highlight reels I have ever watched. I'll be honest, I haven't even considered a RB before the 6th or 7th round because of so many needs that we have and how this draft has so many great players at or near our natural slots. I've found 50+ different ways of addressing our most glaring needs of QB, LT, X-WR, RT, DB, EDGE, G, LB, TE and FS that I've figured RB to be a luxury pick. But after watching that, I really don't see how you could pass him up as an AWESOME offensive weapon. And I'll be willing to bet money that Peters has him on his radar.

That Corum reel did a good job of showcasing his talent.  He is the type of RB I would like to see added to the team, but I don't think he will fall around where the team picks.

Two other takeaways from that reel:

The Michigan Oline was F'n good - real good players who played well together

JJ is a baller and is fast - two times he passed Corum, way downfield, to make blocks for him (around the 3:00 and 7:00 marks)

:229:The Rook

• Like 1

Holy crap - Mims ran a 5.07 40! Freak does not do him justice.

Brandon Coleman made himself a boatload of money. He was mostly on the peripheral for a while until the last couple months. 

Edited by Chump Bailey

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Is Saumatia's stock rising that much that we have to trade up for him now? I've never seen him mocked in the 1st.

He been in the first in a couple. There could be 8 OT in first rd.  We may have a shot at him, Paul, or Morgan in 2nd round at 36. We may have to move up.

8 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Is Brian Thomas expected to last to the 20s ?

Possibly he had a bad medical shoulder problem could cause him to drip. Most likely 10 to 25. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

5 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Possibly he had a bad medical shoulder problem could cause him to drip. Most likely 10 to 25. 

didn’t realise about the medical flag…..

depending on the extent of that, if we did end up picking Daniels, a slight move up for Thomas would be an optionon my radar.

We still have plenty of strong options at OT on day 2. 

The draft must be so exciting for teams that have figured out the QB position. You can do whatever you want, everything is on the table at all times. If you have no QB solution, you always need to focus most of your attention on solving this position (either right now or setting yourself up for the future). It's such a grind and we have failed at this task for decades.

Hopefully that comes to an end. I also want to approach the draft free of this burden for once.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Going Commando said:

What??  Don't you need one of those to bend your knee?

No. They don’t reconstruct ithe ACL in a lot of non athletes. Especially in Europe. 

I wonder if it’s true that Wilson doesn’t have an ACL. I hadn’t heard that.

There was some NBA prospect a while back that was missing both and did well. But, different sport obviously. 

3 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Brandon Coleman and Caedan Wallace - we brought both of those in didn’t we, amongst a few others. Coleman looks fairly intriguing to me.

Yes.  Inconsistent as heck player but measurables are great.

8 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

Holy crap - Mims ran a 5.07 40! Freak does not do him justice.

Brandon Coleman made himself a boatload of money. He was mostly on the peripheral for a while until the last couple months. 

Yeah I love Mims he's such a smooth player in pass protect.  He moves like he's 300 pounds. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Is Saumatia's stock rising that much that we have to trade up for him now? I've never seen him mocked in the 1st.

I am becoming concerned we may need to reach up for a potential future LT. Not the way I expected the draft to go with all the OT's but the draft is beginning to feel like it's not going to fall for us

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

If my organization had a o-line coach with the ability to develop and redshirt him, I would draft him as early as 25. 

For example the Lions could sit him behind Decker for a year or 2. Same thing with the Ravens, 49ers, Chiefs and so on.

Edited by OtisDriftwood25

The priority was to solidify the interior OL, which we seems pretty well set with.

Given the range of picks we have, I’m more than comfortable we can come out of this draft with a couple of very good OT prospects. Getting a stud QB and LT is the dream scenario. But the depth really falls in our favour this year to add enough quality.

Next year, you may have to go all in LT first up, who’s knows. 

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

No. They don’t reconstruct ithe ACL in a lot of non athletes. Especially in Europe. 

There was some NBA prospect a while back that was missing both and did well. But, different sport obviously. 

Dejuan Blair.  Undersized center.  He ended playing for a bit in the league.

• Thumb up 1

What bothers me is when people talk about the draft in terms of need. The only 2 needs are quarterback at 2 and LT. I keep hearing corner and edge rusher associated with us. After you get your quarterback and left tackle, take BPA. This team is not ready to compete for a couple years unless they get CJ Stroud lucky. Which happens once every 5 years or so.

This draft should be about the selection of the quarterback and his development. Take some swings at Daron Blands, Dre Greenlaws later.

Edited by OtisDriftwood25

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yes.  Inconsistent as heck player but measurables are great.

Yeah I love Mims he's such a smooth player in pass protect.  He moves like he's 300 pounds. 

He’s the one guy I’d be ok trading 36 and out early 3rd for

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

I've always thought it was needed more for Side to side motion.   So I would think it's important for a LB.  

So straight line activities like running are ok,  but playing shortstop or tennis would be a big risk to further injury. 

4 hours ago, Panninho said:

The draft must be so exciting for teams that have figured out the QB position. You can do whatever you want, everything is on the table at all times.

Agreed. And it's gonna be very fun for us this year up to and after we pick a QB at #2. We have so many needs we can go best available in many cases. I'm also anxious to see how many times Peters trades up or back to get the guy he wants. 

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m starting to think a WR with one of our first three picks is the way to go. 

Anyone else in on Troy Franklin ?

I think Franklin goes late 1st. Either Buffalo or KC.