Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I assumed Wylie would be moved to LG and I've always backed Leno, but hearing about the hip, it makes total sense.

Agreed which really leaves us needing 2 T's in my eyes and looks like yours too. We just have no warm body to put in the starting LT slot and have the semi warm Wylie at RT

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Agreed which really leaves us needing 2 T's in my eyes and looks like yours too. We just have no warm body to put in the starting LT slot and have the semi warm Wylie at RT

I was bashing Wylie long before he signed with us and I expect him to be addressed in this draft. 

Having actual coaches will help as well, so when he starts giving away plays, that **** will stop quick fast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

Yep I think we need to fill both tackle places.

Oh I don't think there is a question that they need 2 starting tackles. It will be interesting how they go about doing that.  I fully expect a tackle to be taken early, perhaps in a trade up to the late first as discussed.  I'll be following the first and hope to see tackles drop, with such a deep class I fully expect them to find a good one early.  But that's only one, I doubt they go into the season with 2 rookie starting tackles.   

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

Detroit at 29 could be the ideal trade partner for a LT. Based on the draft value chart, our 36 + 100 is equal exactly to #29. On top of that, its a good spot because the teams that pick 30-32(Baltimore, San Fran, and KC) are all legit OT candidates. 

• Like 4

Paul at 36 is realistic and I think with the right coaching and some help (which he'll have in Alligettti next to him) he can do pretty well, pretty quickly at LT and I think if we move up, it could realistically be for a RT.

• Thumb up 1

23 hours ago, method man said:

Interested to hear your thoughts on Fisher who seems well regarded but no one touches on in this thread

I'd only watched ND for Alt and Estime, so I went back and watched some of the cut ups for Fisher.  In summary, I'm intrigued but I think his pass pro looks pretty raw.  My biggest critique would be that he gets heavy footed on his set and just kind of plants and falls behind the edge rusher and then he has to start turning and leaning and it messes up his contact balance.  Almost like he's over correcting for inside counters, or maybe his feet just get slow after contact.

I think he's going to need time to improve his pass pro, but that there are a lot of really positive traits on display with him.  His length looks outstanding and his punch is legitimately good for being a somewhat raw tool.  He has real strength in his hands and excels at benching or stunning rushers to create space in which to work.  And he has a good first step.  He has a tendency to fall asleep and be late off the snap, but his actual speed is good when he times the snap right.  His bucket step can be explosive.  He's twitchy and I think he looks good climbing and running.  Stays under control and finds his landmarks and just looks really fluid and comfortable in the run game.

I'm glad you brought him up, because I like him.  He makes a lot of mistakes that look like typical failures of young players, but he physically looks like a future starter.  And his run game work actually looks pretty clean and natural.  Both PFF and Tankathon have him projected for the third round, and that feels a little low to me.  I could see him going in the second round.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Detroit at 29 could be the ideal trade partner for a LT. Based on the draft value chart, our 36 + 100 is equal exactly to #29. On top of that, its a good spot because the teams that pick 30-32(Baltimore, San Fran, and KC) are all legit OT candidates. 

Also Detroit doesn’t need a OT.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Paul at 36 is realistic and I think with the right coaching and some help (which he'll have in Alligettti next to him) he can do pretty well, pretty quickly at LT and I think if we move up, it could realistically be for a RT.

I think we’ll be looking at Paul, but #36 seems way early for me.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 1:23 PM, Rolo Tomasie said:

TE. Errz is not an answer. By the way the more I watch Jared Wiley the more I see a young Logan Thomas if Thomas's shift to TE had occurred in college. Similar bodies and athleticism.

This left an impression.  You can try to project and go get the prototypical this or that, or you can get the guy that's just plain, "Catch the ball?  Okay.  Catch 2 balls?  Okay."  Might be nerves, might be dopey.  Either way he caught 'em both in stride.  I'll take simple ability over pedigree all day.  😉

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 3/15/2024 at 9:49 AM, Warhead36 said:

Fuaga is a beast. He won't last till 20. He's a sure fire stud RT. I'd take him as well but I just don't see him falling. I've actually seen him go as high as 10 to the Jets. 

I have a feeling Fashanu might drop. If he drops to like 15, would you offer 36 and 40 for him? Probably too much given the depth at other positions, but imagine locking down franchise QB and LT in one draft. 

I've got Fashanu down further than that. I'll probably be wrong, but I think he's got clear limitations. It's a risk. I'd rather roll the dice on drafting double OT with an OT in the 2nd and an OT in the 3rd than trade up for Fashanu.

There are some good prospects on Day 2 to roll the dice on for development.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jags said:

This left an impression.  You can try to project and go get the prototypical this or that, or you can get the guy that's just plain, "Catch the ball?  Okay.  Catch 2 balls?  Okay."  Might be nerves, might be dopey.  Either way he caught 'em both in stride.  I'll take simple ability over pedigree all day.  😉

I've watched him, doesn't grab me.  Having the worst combine among the ranked TEs won't help him.  4.8 speed for an F type TE usually doesn't bode well.  Guessing UDFA or 7th round?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I think we’ll be looking at Paul, but #36 seems way early for me.

Sort of went below the radar but in one of the segments with Peters at the Senior Bowl he goes to Chris Paul about his brother "he's a stud".  It's possible he was just pandering to him.  Who knows.

But that would be my guy in the 2nd.  I like his tape better than Kingsley.  I get that most draftniks put Kingsley over Paul.  I got to rewatch Kingsley, watched him eons ago but thought he was really raw.  Better agility than Paul, sinks his hips more.  But Paul used his length well -- 36 plus freakish long arms in pass protect. 

As for trading up, depending on the price I would for Fashanu depending on the price.

I would for Barton and Morgan.  I think Morgan is the more likely of those two to slide.  But I'd bet both are there in the 20s where the price isn't prohibitive.  Hate that Morgan has just 33 arm length (Barton, too), but maybe his massive hands make up for it, smooth pass protector.  Barton IMO is a tone setter, love watching him, he likely is a better guard but he can likely handle LT.  Watched him some more yesterday.  Love his mean streak. 

Started watching Mims.  I don't have an overriding impression of him yet except to my eyes he looks like a natural RT versus a dude to convert to LT. 

Just started watching Fautanu don't have an overriding impression of him yet either except wow does that dude have good bend for LT, he can sink his hips big time.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sort of went below the radar but in one of the segments with Peters at the Senior Bowl he goes to Chris Paul about his brother "he's a stud".  It's possible he was just pandering to him.  Who knows.

Yep I picked up on that, and have jumped on the we will take him bandwagon now :ols:

I think he may also have said something to Chris Paul in that segment about looking forward to playing alongside your brother. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Paul isnt bad but I wouldn’t take him at 36. Need someone more polished and ready to play day one.

That’s how it looks to me as well, although the experts might think he’s more ready I guess.

13 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I've got Fashanu down further than that. I'll probably be wrong, but I think he's got clear limitations. It's a risk. I'd rather roll the dice on drafting double OT with an OT in the 2nd and an OT in the 3rd than trade up for Fashanu.

I'm with you to an extent. I would not trade up for Fashanu either. The only non QB prospects I'd consider trading up for relative to cost in the 1st are Barton, Latham, Alt, Fuago, Brian Thomas Jr., AD Mitchell, Quinyon Mitchell, Chop Robinson, Dallas Turner, Byron Murphy, Bowers or Cooper DeJean

• Like 1

If we "solved" LT through FA I'd be fine with a trade up for WR if we kept one of the 2nds and if we thought the draft was gonna plop an RT into our lap at whichever 2nd we kept.

But it's looking increasingly likely we're not solving LT in FA.  So indeed a trade up probably would be best for OT.

Which is unfortunate because there are some absolute baller WRs.  But there should also still be ballers in the early 2nd and even in the 3rd too.  I've seen a lot of mocks with Adonai Mitchell in the 2nd, I certainly hope that happens.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Paul isnt bad but I wouldn’t take him at 36. Need someone more polished and ready to play day one.

I would take Paul if we traded down with our #40 to later in 2nd (50s).  

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I think the dream now might be to move up from 36 back into the 1st to get the last of the 1st round graded LTs, then move down from 40 to recoup a 4th rounder and get a WR or Edge that drops.

Yeah, trading up from 36 (for an OT) and back from 40 definitely carries a lot of logic.  For some reason, your post made me wonder about the possibility of doing both at the same time - getting a team’s late 1st and late 2nd for our early 2nds…  Not sure about value, but swapping picks vs losing one might be pretty attractive to our staff.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1