Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Ladd will be a 1st rounder. Too many good teams picking late in round 1 that will need a WR.

I think so too, but I think there's about a 20-30% chance he manages to fall to early 2nd, one of the nice things is that 29-32 really don't particularly need WR (Baltimore, SF, KC, Detroit), but the worry is the early 2nd: New England, Carolina, and Arizona could all justifiably target WR ahead of us in round 2, that almost worries me more than the late 1st, almost noone in the late first needs a WR w/the exception of Buffalo and Arizona. 

4 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

I think so too, but I think there's about a 20-30% chance he manages to fall to early 2nd, one of the nice things is that 29-32 really don't particularly need WR (Baltimore, SF, KC, Detroit), but the worry is the early 2nd: New England, Carolina, and Arizona could all justifiably target WR ahead of us in round 2, that almost worries me more than the late 1st, almost noone in the late first needs a WR w/the exception of Buffalo and Arizona. 

KC needs a WR....its about all they need really. Maybe another back but they really need a WR and McConkey would be unreal with Mahomes.

9 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

KC needs a WR....its about all they need really. Maybe another back but they really need a WR and McConkey would be unreal with Mahomes.

Nah, KC desperately needs a LT.  You think Reid is going to get Maholmes hit?  If not LT, then outside CB is also a major need depending on what happens to Snead.  I expect KC to take a T with #32.

31 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Not with his hands down he's not.

Only you, Rabidfan!  :ols:  @TK put a tweet out here to the affect that we keep Howell and draft Harrison which all of you agree is the best player in the draft.  Out of the box thinking as me included, think Maye or Daniels is the pick at #2.  What IF TK said comes to pass and we get our bookend Ts via one if FA or both in the draft and draft Harrison at #2.  Thoughts?  My gosh, we have already filled a majority of this team's holes in FA and if we fill the rest with some couple more signings (i.e., OT and CB) and in the draft it may be lethal and having our current WRs AND Harrison Jr. for Howell to through to!  I am on the Maye train at #2 but just wanted your thoughts?  

12 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Only you, Rabidfan!  :ols:  @TK put a tweet out here to the affect that we keep Howell and draft Harrison which all of you agree is the best player in the draft.  Out of the box thinking as me included, think Maye or Daniels is the pick at #2.  What IF TK said comes to pass and we get our bookend Ts via one if FA or both in the draft and draft Harrison at #2.  Thoughts?  My gosh, we have already filled a majority of this team's holes in FA and if we fill the rest with some couple more signings (i.e., OT and CB) and in the draft it may be lethal and having our current WRs AND Harrison Jr. for Howell to through to!  I am on the Maye train at #2 but just wanted your thoughts?  

image.thumb.png.f4470da7913de0fe4050ba268bd507e7.png

3 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I now think we will take Patrick Paul in the second round.

Although he has the tools, he is really raw and I'm not sure he helps next year. I think a guy like Blake Fisher who has his fair share of upside but is more technically ready is a guy who you can grab mid to late 2nd and can start year 1 at RT

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If he makes it there. I think as many as eight OT in first round.  Biggest need of most teams.

I think that's unlikely.  There are about 20 first round locks at the other positions aside from OL, which leaves only 12 slots for the OLs and the other more fringe first round WRs/DBs/DLs or even QBs.  I think seven or eight OLs could go in the first, but that some of them will be IOLs like Jackson Powers Johnson and Graham Barton.

Paul's probably OT-10 or 11 in this class too.  I think he's a safe bet to be there in the second.

7 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I think that's unlikely.  There are about 20 first round locks at the other positions aside from OL, which leaves only 12 slots for the OLs and the other more fringe first round WRs/DBs/DLs or even QBs.  I think seven or eight OLs could go in the first, but that some of them will be IOLs like Jackson Powers Johnson and Graham Barton.

Paul's probably OT-10 or 11 in this class too.  I think he's a safe bet to be there in the second.

Yeah, right now, the 1st round locks are:

QBs (4):  Caleb, Male, Jayden, JJ

TE(1):  Bowers

WR (4):  MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, Thomas

OT (7):  Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham, Fatanu, Guyton, Mims

IOL (2):  JPJ, Barton

Edge (3):  Turner, Verse, Latu

DT (1):  Murphy

CB (3):  Arnold, Mitchell, Wiggins

S (1):  Dejean

That's 26 players.  Now, guys will rise (like Robinson for example).  I do think those 26 are 1st round locks.  The only bubble guy is Barton from my list.

Edited by mhd24

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Yeah, right now, the 1st round locks are:

QBs (4):  Caleb, Male, Jayden, JJ

TE(1):  Bowers

WR (4):  MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, Thomas

OT (7):  Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham, Fatanu, Guyton, Mims

IOL (2):  JPJ, Barton

Edge (3):  Turner, Verse, Latu

DT (1):  Murphy

CB (3):  Arnold, Mitchell, Wiggins

S (1):  Dejean

That's 26 players.  Now, guys will rise (like Robinson for example).  I do think those 26 are 1st round locks.  The only bubble guy is Barton from my list.

I think there will be more pass rushers than 3. Darius Robinson, Chop Robinson most likely and some other freak athletic surprises. Also, Jenkins at DT, IMO.

37 minutes ago, method man said:

Khyree Jackson is such a Dan Quinn corner. 6-4 with 33 inch arms who is a physical and aggressive player. Definitely a guy to watch in the 3rd

Yep he’s on my watch list.

7 hours ago, Going Commando said:

I've seen Jer'Zhan Newton listed in the first round as a lock on almost every major big board.  I would add him to the list.

Yeah, he's probably a 1st rounder, but I'm not completely on board with it simply because of the injury.  He'll go in 20-35 range though.  

It's fairly likely that a first round OT slips to the top of the second round.  But, every team will know that the Commanders need one.  The cost to jump ahead of us and select the last OT is a small price to pay.  I don't want Peters to trade up into the first round though.  The cost in lost players is too high.  

I saw 4.04 and thought that was his 40 time and was like wtf is this dude like the real life Flash? lolol

But yeah Ladd is my dude. He won't last to 36 though. Too many WR needy teams picking at the end of round 1.

2 hours ago, PlayAction said:

It's fairly likely that a first round OT slips to the top of the second round.  But, every team will know that the Commanders need one.  The cost to jump ahead of us and select the last OT is a small price to pay.  I don't want Peters to trade up into the first round though.  The cost in lost players is too high.  

I think there are as many as 8 with first round grades with the possibility of up to 12. There is a drop off after around 10-12 ish though.

It just depends on how our FO grades them.

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I saw 4.04 and thought that was his 40 time and was like wtf is this dude like the real life Flash? lolol

But yeah Ladd is my dude. He won't last to 36 though. Too many WR needy teams picking at the end of round 1.

I don't think he'll make it that long, either, but I still feel like he's under the radar and I have no idea why I feel that way. Hell... who am I kidding... I do... 

Fv-9Fi.gif