Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I feel good at this moment about the Dallas game.  But the Jets game feels like 50-50 so am nervous, too

The Jets should win this game.  The teams' defenses will be the difference.  The Jets defense is significantly better.  They will dominate Washington's mediocre offense.  And Washington's dead last defense will battle the Jets dead last offense to a stalemate.  The Jets offense will have more success than Washington's offense leading to a Jets win.

Edited by cakmoney61
Added a sentence.

2 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

The Jets should win this game.  The teams' defenses will be the difference.  The Jets defense is significantly better.  They will dominate Washington's mediocre offense.  And Washington's dead last defense will battle the Jets dead last offense to a stalemate.  The Jets offense will have more success than Washington's offense leading to a Jets win.

Hopefully.  I've watched some of the Jets games this year and their offense is beyond painfully bad.  They were earned their dead last status on offense.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hopefully.  I've watched some of the Jets games this year and their offense is beyond painfully bad.  They were earned their dead last status on offense.

Hopefully, so but Wilson is out with concussion and Sieman is in.  

Jets QB Trevor Siemian to start vs. Commanders with Zach Wilson (concussion) ruled out (nfl.com)

13 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah. The Jets are tanking harder than we are at this point. I expect Ron to send a big **** you to the fanbase by winning this worthless game. 

Hope Trevor has the game of his life and their D does too.  We need this loss as we get handed our %$^$ in the final two games!  😁

14 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah. The Jets are tanking harder than we are at this point. I expect Ron to send a big **** you to the fanbase by winning this worthless game. 

I certainly expect him to do his absolute best to win this game. If he does, he does. A loss may help as it allows the draft to come to us rather than force a pick for a guy we may not necessarily want but feel we “have” to pick. 

Though I love the idea of a trade back if we’re top 3 (but only a short one to where we’d probably draft if we beat the Jets.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

Michigan TE AJ Barner could be a riser. I think he could shine if given the chance - he seems already adept in the blocking department. BYU TE Isaac Rex is also interesting. Good be a good Day 3 or UFDA option.

Agree.  I talked about him weeks back.  Very good blocker.  Not used much in the passing game but seems to have good hands.

My favorite TE sleeper remains though Jared Wiley.

6 hours ago, RWJ said:

Hopefully, so but Wilson is out with concussion and Sieman is in.  

Jets QB Trevor Siemian to start vs. Commanders with Zach Wilson (concussion) ruled out (nfl.com)

I know.  Siemian didn't look good when he came in last week.  I think the Jets chances would be better with Zach -- Zach can play poorly but every now and then he actually plays well.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

For his own personal reasons, Ron has multiple things on the line.

A.  does he want to end his coaching career with 8 straight losses?

B.  if he loses out, he ends his coaching career with an under 500 record

And as we know he nothing has to gain from a higher draft pick. Plus his whole rap this year is Sam Howell, Sam Howell, Sam Howell -- so if this team picks high enough to take a QB and they do it -- it repudiates Ron even more.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Washington always has a way of making no name QB's look like All Pro's so here's hoping that trend continues. I have to admit, I HATE rooting against my team. I hate RR and company for putting me in that position.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I know.  Siemian didn't look good when he came in last week.  I think the Jets chances would be better with Zach -- Zach can play poorly but every now and then he actually plays well.  

Hoping EB calls throw, throw, throw against the strength of the Jet's passing D and Sieman plays the game of his life.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

He ain't as smooth as Fashanu. If we draft an O-lineman it HAS to be Fashanu.

We're talking Jonathan Ogden level here.

@El Mexican I remember Ogden also being a hell of a run blocker. Do you think Fashanu is at that level?

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Hoping EB calls throw, throw, throw against the strength of the Jet's passing D and Sieman plays the game of his life.  

It’s going to be painful but if the Jets are to win, Sam is going to have to be terrible and throw a pick six and a couple more picks

• Like 1

Have not at all seen Ogden-type comps for Fashanu, as intriguing as he is. Feels more like an option around 7-8 if we trade down rather than a top-5 talent at OT. May seem like a small distinction but when you’re comparing to generational (yes, I used the trigger word) talents like Harrison Jr. and Bowers, it matters imo. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

He is an interesting player, definitely not your YAC guy though SIP. He should be in the conversation later on day 3.

I don't have his YAC numbers so I don't know.  From what i watched he's average on that count.

If I am going YAC, the two obvious players are Bowers and Sanders among the players I've watched so far.  

Sanders is growing on me.  5 star recruit.  From what I read he's smart and a good guy, works hard.   Watching the SF kill the Eagles with YAC has really brought home to me how much I crave it.  YAC and speed. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Watching the Washington defense operate against the Jets offense and vice versa should be a sight to behold.  We could be watching the worst brand of professional football in 2023.  An easily resistible object against an easily movable force.  The big question is who will out-mediocre the other, because plenty of mistakes will be made on both sides?  

Fans should get paid as they enter the stadium for having the courage to run the risk of blindness if not full-on insanity.

5 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

Watching the Washington defense operate against the Jets offense and vice versa should be a sight to behold.  We could be watching the worst brand of professional football in 2023.  An easily resistible object against an easily movable force.  The big question is who will out-mediocre the other, because plenty of mistakes will be made on both sides?  

Fans should get paid as they enter the stadium for having the courage to run the risk of blindness if not full-on insanity.

Agree, its likely going to be a hard game to watch.  Both teams aren't good and they are both uber boring, too.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't have his YAC numbers so I don't know.  From what i watched he's average on that count.

If I am going YAC, the two obvious players are Bowers and Sanders among the players I've watched so far.  

Sanders is growing on me.  5 star recruit.  From what I read he's smart and a good guy, works hard.   Watching the SF kill the Eagles with YAC has really brought home to me how much I crave it.  YAC and speed. 

I watched a little more Sanders and see how he can be more compared to a Laporta type than I initially thought. I still do rank him in the same top of the 2nd round but have him closer than prior to Stover right now. Sure feels like these guys are where the new regime would be looking for TE upgrade.

Just now, DWinzit said:

I watched a little more Sanders and see how he can be more compared to a Laporta type than I initially thought. I still do rank him in the same top of the 2nd round but have him closer than prior to Stover right now. Sure feels like these guys are where the new regime would be looking for TE upgrade.

I am usually good at guessing WR speed.  I am not as good at TE.  I got a bunch grouped in a similar tier but the combine is a good seperator for me for TE more so than most spots.

• Thumb up 1