Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

59 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

I've been that for some time. Will see.  But I suspect if we are picking top 5, Daniels will be a topic of discussion with the beat reporters for months.  He's also a reason why I don't think Marvin Harrison is a pipe dream if we are picking 4th, I think 50-50 Daniels goes 3rd.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

Allbright is normally tuned in and spot on in his posts.  I could be wrong but I think he called EB to DC first.  Give me some Daniels.  I could be wrong about him but I'd take him in a second and hope we have the opportunity too not because he won the "H" trophy but because of ceiling.  It is way up there!  No bust just the moon, IMO  

I see some Isaiah Davis hype on twitter.  Big RB from South Dakota State.

I watched one game.  Even though he's 6 '1, sinks his hips well and gets low.  took snaps multiple times in the wild cat.  Has good hands.

Hard to me to dicipher though RBs like that who play against mostly low grade competiton with big holes like he often had for some of his runs.  But to his credit had some nice runs when he had to cut his way through clutter.

Good speed -- not great speed judging what I saw.   Good contact balance.  Likely a sold 3rd down back because he seems a decent pass blocker and has good hands.

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I see some Isaiah Davis hype on twitter.  Big RB from South Dakota State.

I watched one game.  Even though he's 6 '1, sinks his hips well and gets low.  took snaps multiple times in the wild cat.  Has good hands.

Hard to me to decipher though RBs like that who play against mostly low grade competiton with big holes like he often had for some of his runs.  But to his credit had some nice runs when he had to cut his way through clutter.

Good speed -- not great speed judging what I saw.   Good contact balance.  Likely a sold 3rd down back because he seems a decent pass blocker and has good hands.

I like him a lot. I brought him up some time ago.  I think @Chump Bailey did too.  

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I see some Isaiah Davis hype on twitter.

I need to go back and watch more on Davis, Estime and Raheim Sanders. Davis is no Pierre Strong Jr, who I liked coming out of S. Dakota State a couple years ago. Estime and Sanders I had pegged as more plodder types but watching enough ND games has swayed my judgement on him. He can move laterally and make cuts that are impressive for a dude his size. I see him though as another Damien Harris type, who I liked coming out, but perhaps overrated him a bit. 

11 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I like him a lot. I brought him up some time ago.  I think @Chump Bailey did too.  

Yeah, I'll go back and take another look at Davis. Sometimes I don't give enough time on some of these guys since there are so many of them. Especially since I do like the guys in your draft signature too :) so maybe I did whiff on Davis by a lot. 

Edited by Chump Bailey

33 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

I need to go back and watch more on Davis, Estime and Raheim Sanders. Davis is no Pierre Strong Jr, who I liked coming out of S. Dakota State a couple years ago. Estime and Sanders I had pegged as more plodder types but watching enough ND games has swayed my judgement on him. He can move laterally and make cuts that are impressive for a dude his size. I see him though as another Damien Harris type, who I liked coming out, but perhaps overrated him a bit. 

Yeah, I'll go back and take another look at Davis. Sometimes I don't give enough time on some of these guys since there are so many of them. Especially since I do like the guys in your draft signature too :) so maybe I did whiff on Davis by a lot. 

Check out my latest mock draft in the mock thread. :) 

• Thumb up 1

19 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I watched a bunch of tape on Daniels today. And while I get the fascination with his athleticism, it is Jackson level insane, his passing leaves a lot to be desired. He struggles with timing on a TON of routes. Especially in turning timing routes. I do like that he is willing to stand in the pocket and read the entire field before taking off. But even when he does that he misses wide open holes in the defense way too often. I am not seeing a top ten passer there. Now if you think he will grow from here so be it. I am not for drafting project QB's in the first round. I just am not. 

His accuracy on shorter routes is sketchy enough that I kind of feel generous calling it "mediocre." He needs a lot of work on his footwork. His arm strength is good, maybe very good, but not close to elite. 

The way to win title contenders is still with passing QBs. I am never going to want to tie my team to a running QB. Especially a skinny kid who exposes himself to the huge hits this guy does. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

His accuracy on shorter routes is sketchy enough that I kind of feel generous calling it "mediocre." He needs a lot of work on his footwork. His arm strength is good, maybe very good, but not close to elite. 

The way to win title contenders is still with passing QBs. I am never going to want to tie my team to a running QB. Especially a skinny kid who exposes himself to the huge hits this guy does. 

I generally agree with you, but when you have a Cam type that is so big he doesn't get hurt, it's different.

Hurts is always going to miss games and he's a bull. Sam is built like Hurts but not as aggressive about it.

Daniels is Lamar and I can't trust that.

• Like 2

Holy Lord this was difficult but here’s we go!

Crap, left off Michigan Jaylen Harrell my bad.

Top 20 Edge

1. Jared Verse Florida State *Best speed to power prospect and to my eyes the safest bet to be a game changing type of prospect at the next level

2. Dallas Turner Alabama *Simply a phenomenal athlete, lightning in a bottle and the hardest prospect for me to gauge, but for my money Turner has perhaps the highest ceiling amongst all the rest

3. Laiatu Latu UCLA *Excellent hands and a quality spin move ala Will McDonald but not quite that good though he may be too aggressive at times *Excellent first step and pursuit

4. Chop Robinson Penn State *Second best speed to power prospect and to my eyes the quickest first step in the class IMO

5. Bralen Trice Washington *Phenomenal hands to disengage blockers and a tenacious player with underrated power but may be limited somewhat in the athleticism department

6. J.T. Tuimoloau Ohio State *Underrated power & speed good game against Fashanu I thought, which goes a long way in my book, but Alt handled him well for the most part I thought *Likely speaking out of school here, but I would rate his football IQ, feel and instincts as being very high but limited in the athleticism department

7. Chris Braswell Alabama

8. Kaimon Rucker UNC *Underrated prospect and just a damn good football player that consistently flashes brilliance

9. Adisa Isaac Penn State *Same as Rucker an underrated prospect and just a damn good football layer that consistently flashes brilliance

10. Landon Jackson Arkansas *Steady Eddy type kind of reminds me of our own Philip Daniels back in the day 

11. Darius Robinson Missouri *Underrated power with a great bull rush

12. Jack Sawyer Ohio State *Cliché but outstanding motor on Jack

13. Brandon Dorlus Oregon *Excellent heavy hands to disengage blockers

14. Jonah Ellis Utah

15. Mohamed Kamara Colorado State

16. Brennan Jackson Washington State *Underrated IMO

17. Jordan Burch Oregon

18. Jaylen Harrell Michigan

19. Grayson Murphy UCLA *Underrated IMO

20. Gabriel Murphy UCLA *Underrated IMO

*Edge potential sleepers and risers

1. Barryn Sorrell Texas

2. Brian Ugwu Miami Ohio

3. Nelson Caeser Texas Tech

4. Braiden McGregor Michigan

5. Cedric Johnson Ole Miss

6. Marshawn Kneeland Western Michigan

7. Ashton Gillotte Louisville

8. Jasheen Davis Wake Forest

9. David Walker Central Arkansas

10. Connor O’Toole Utah

11. Jalen McLeod Auburn

12. Andre Carter Indiana 

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Holy Lord this was difficult but here’s we go!

Top 20 Edge

1. Jared Verse Florida State *Best speed to power prospect and to my eyes the safest bet to be a game changing type of prospect at the next level

2. Dallas Turner Alabama *Simply a phenomenal athlete, lightning in a bottle and the hardest prospect for me to gauge, but for my money Turner has perhaps the highest ceiling amongst all the rest

3. Laiatu Latu UCLA *Excellent hands and a quality spin move ala Will McDonald but not quite that good though he may be too aggressive at times *Excellent first step and pursuit

4. Chop Robinson Penn State *Second best speed to power prospect and to my eyes the quickest first step in the class IMO

5. Bralen Trice Washington *Phenomenal hands to disengage blockers and a tenacious player with underrated power but may be limited somewhat in the athleticism department

6. J.T. Tuimoloau Ohio State *Underrated power & speed good game against Fashanu I thought, which goes a long way in my book, but Alt handled him well for the most part I thought *Likely speaking out of school here, but I would rate his football IQ, feel and instincts as being very high but limited in the athleticism department

7. Chris Braswell Alabama

8. Kaimon Rucker UNC *Underrated prospect and just a damn good football player that consistently flashes brilliance

9. Adisa Isaac Penn State *Same as Rucker an underrated prospect and just a damn good football layer that consistently flashes brilliance

10. Landon Jackson Arkansas

11. Darius Robinson Missouri *Underrated power with a great bull rush

12. Jack Sawyer Ohio State *Cliché but outstanding motor on Jack

13. Brandon Dorlus Oregon *Excellent heavy hands to disengage blockers

14. Jonah Ellis Utah

15. Mohamed Kamara Colorado State

16. Brennan Jackson Washington State

17. Jordan Burch Oregon

18. Nelson Caeser Texas Tech

19. Grayson Murphy UCLA *Underrated IMO

20. Gabriel Murphy UCLA *Underrated IMO

*Edge potential sleepers and risers

1. Barryn Sorrell Texas

2. Brian Ugwu Miami Ohio

3. Braiden McGregor Michigan

5. Cedric Johnson Ole Miss

6. Marshawn Kneeland Western Michigan

7. Ashton Gillotte Utah

8. Jasheen Davis Wake Forest

9. David Walker Central Arkansas

10. Connor O’Toole Utah

11. Jalen McLeod Auburn

Nice work, CB!  Appreciate the hard work.  Looks good!  How we need EDGE due to the trading of Sweat.  Young was a bust after his first season and gives little effort after over rushing the QB or being worked over by the OT then not pursuing afterwards.  Sawyer in the later rounds intrigues me.  Just saying. :) 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Anselmheifer said:

I swear to God, I’m going to blow a gasket if we trade Sweat for a 2nd, when we have plenty of cap space, and then use a top 10 pick to replace him. That’s not even treading water. It’s drowning. 

Agreed.

But I just don't wanna draft defense period. I wanna go all in on offense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I swear to God, I’m going to blow a gasket if we trade Sweat for a 2nd, when we have plenty of cap space, and then use a top 10 pick to replace him. That’s not even treading water. It’s drowning. 

Yup. I feel the same. 

We may not even get a good GM/front office and coach. These people don’t grow on trees. The better ones probably already have a job. Might take a few hiring/firings to get it right which could be a few more additional years.

• Thumb up 1

I know we had a top 10 D in 2 of Jack’s four years here but the way Sweat is thriving in Chicago shows how Jack really wasted the potential of the DLine here

57 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Agreed.

But I just don't wanna draft defense period. I wanna go all in on offense.

I agree. If we get the right DC, we may be able to field an average defense without a whole lot more. Look at what Flores is doing in Minnesota with a ton of players who came into the season unheralded 

• Like 1

Watched a little Thomas LSU. May have the best height, weight, speed in draft. Really stinks LSU uses him the way they do. He will need a couple years to learn the route tree or will be a version of Desean Jackson/DK Metcalf. You draft him if you have a wide receiver coach you believe in. Definitely better than Johnson from TCU last year because of hands.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, dyst said:

We may not even get a good GM/front office and coach. These people don’t grow on trees. The better ones probably already have a job. Might take a few hiring/firings to get it right which could be a few more additional years.

That's certainly a possibility. All we can do is hope Harris gets it right. At the very least, we'll be run like a normal franchise and our process will be optimal. After that, there's kind of a luck element to it. But smart people tend to have an eye for other smarter people. Talent attracts talent.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Watched a little Thomas LSU. May have the best height, weight, speed in draft. Really stinks LSU uses him the way they do. He will need a couple years to learn the route tree or will be a version of Desean Jackson/DK Metcalf. You draft him if you have a wide receiver coach you believe in. Definitely better than Johnson from TCU last year because of hands.

Although this WR group is tremendous best I've seen in a long time, I think Thomas is going to rise big time on teams boards.

7 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Its about the finances of it. Cap space or not we couldnt afford to drop another 100 million into the defensive line. If they go Edge in the top ten it will be locking up a guy for 5 years for less than half the money.