Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

5 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

My excitement is tempered by not knowing who will be in charge of the draft. If it's RR and Mayhew, we're in trouble.

This clown show is gonna have its make up washed off with a fire hose the day after the season ends and Harris is going to bring in the best people available. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Whether or not Howell is the guy (I think he is), we need to draft a QB next year anyways to serve as a backup. Mid round guy on a rookie contract is not a bad thing.

Also, Van Pran + Joe Alt would make me giddy. 

Agree

Brissett will want to move on and a big surprised if he stayed if Howell continues to show.   QB's are the rock of the team, no more castoffs please, just draft them it does not matter where if you like them.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This clown show is gonna have its make up washed off with a fire hose the day after the season ends and Harris is going to bring in the best people available. 

No doubt the current staff will be gone but we'll have to wait and see who's brought in to replace them before getting too excited.

His highlights are fun, power and nastiness

1 hour ago, UK Skins said:

I'm hoping with professionals running the draft it will BPA for EVERY round. Now some of those will hopefully be positions of need too.

Me too but I think this regime has forced the hand of the next regime to go O line early.  I keep hearing its a loaded tackle class in about a week or so I'll have time to start watching them, look forward to that.

• Like 4

Taliese Fuaga is I guy I have taken in a number of drafts using the PFF mock draft simulator this past week at 11.  I have also taken Chop Robinson in a few of them.   But Fuaga may be the best Tackle on the board when we are drafting because most likely a couple Tackles will be off the board by then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RVAskins said:

My excitement is tempered by not knowing who will be in charge of the draft. If it's RR and Mayhew, we're in trouble.

While it is understood that nothing is guaranteed, but I feel strongly that the RR and Marty party are going to be shown the door. Scouts will probably stay and then get terminated the day after the draft, which is commonplace when a new front office takes over. 

2 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

Agree

Brissett will want to move on and a big surprised if he stayed if Howell continues to show.   QB's are the rock of the team, no more castoffs please, just draft them it does not matter where if you like them.

Not to mention a good backup QB like Brissett costs you $8+ million. Drafting a mid-round backup to groom is much cheaper, but then again, there are unknowns and they could suck and tank a season if they were called on. 

Fashanu and Alt are LTs and Latham is a RT. At least currently. But I'd kill to have any of those 3. Hell, if we drafted Latham and plug him in at RT, that's an immediate upgrade. Leno could stick around one more year as an LT, and I would look to a project OT who can play LT in a year in Round 2 or 3.

And like wtf is going on with Braeden Daniels. I know he was overdrafted even in R4, but is he permanently looked at as a Guard now? I thought he was drafted to be groomed as an LT. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

11  NFL Team Logo for Redskins Washington Redskins: J.C. Latham, OT, Alabama Image for ALA

The Redskins have a major blocking issue that isn’t giving Sam Howell much of a chance at times. Improved blocking is needed.

J.C. Latham has the power to start at guard and athleticism to be a tackle.

37  NFL Team Logo for Redskins Washington Redskins: Marist Liufau, LB, Notre Dame Image for ND

The Redskins can use the pick they obtained for Montez Sweat to bolster their weak linebacking corps, which has been a problem for a long time.

Marist Liufau is an extremely athletic and fast linebacker.

42 NFL Team Logo for Redskins Washington Redskins: Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas Image for Tex

The Redskins should find an upgrade over Logan Thomas sometime soon.

Ja’Tavion Sanders has mismatch athleticism and speed.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2024_2.php

This would be amazing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Me too but I think this regime has forced the hand of the next regime to go O line early.  I keep hearing its a loaded tackle class in about a week or so I'll have time to start watching them, look forward to that.

Those Fuaga clips remind me of watching and hoping for Tristan Wirfs in 2020. I so wanted us to trade back and take Wirfs or Thomas then load up on DB's, a WR and LB early.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This guy is ****ing nasty. I may end up rooting to get him over Alt and Fashanu when it is all said and done. You can't teach that type of mean streak

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, method man said:

This guy is ****ing nasty. I may end up rooting to get him over Alt and Fashanu when it is all said and done. You can't teach that type of mean streak

We have lacked that since Trent, I think. I want that kind of finisher that just beats people up.

• Like 1

Early read on Alt vs. Fashanu vs. Fuaga (1 game each)

Alt is the steady eddy of the group. Big, strong, powerful. Can do it all. Least explosive of them, but the “safest”

Fashanu is explosive but refined. Doesn’t miss much. Gets good movement. Looks real fluid with his movement. 

Fuaga is the trickiest. He’s the best run blocker because of that mean streak. He moves really well, too. Maybe the best of all of them. But for someone who moves so well he has really mediocre feet in pass protection and finds himself in bad positions more often than I’d like.

I think right now I lean Fashanu, Alt, Fuaga. In that order. Though I’d buy an argue for any of them in any order so… give me any of them please. Hell, give me one of the LTs and then come back up for Fuaga. :ols:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

You should start your own scouting analysis site!

Thought about it… but got a lot going on with work and football… if I were going to do an actual site I’d need to devote real time to it. 

I’ve toyed with the idea of a draft nerd podcast or video cast but there are so many dime a dozen ones. Why do they need to hear from another Joe Schmoe?

Just now, KDawg said:

Thought about it… but got a lot going on with work and football… if I were going to do an actual site I’d need to devote real time to it. 

I’ve toyed with the idea of a draft nerd podcast or video cast but there are so many dime a dozen ones. Why do they need to hear from another Joe Schmoe?

Well, we appreciate you KDawg.

Drink To That Episode 4 GIF by One Chicago

:229:The Rook

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'd buy in.