Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I want Lincoln Riley as our next head coach so bad. Watch the Oline blocking and WR route trees. He is amazing. Air raid with RPO mixed together. That offense is a thing of beauty. 

Wasn't air raid tried with Klifford Kingsbury IV only to not work at the NFL level?

Just now, Rex Tomb said:

Wasn't air raid tried with Klifford Kingsbury IV only to not work at the NFL level?

He is only using the route trees from it. Crosses and clears with underneath speed guys doing the damage. He is using RPO with that though. So the QB has options on top of it. It is a lethal offense. Probably one of the most lethal I have ever seen. And I am not just talking about this game. I have watched a lot of film on it. It is impossible to stop with the right QB.

25 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Holy **** - defense optional in this game! 

Do we take a look at #55 on Washington's O-Line?  That dude has a motor on him.

I've been watching him for a few games - Fautanu. His feet are tremendous for a tackle. His movement skills are elite.very, very quick feet. Not sure how he holds up against bull rushes though

Edited by Rolo Tomasie
  • Like 3

Holy **** - this might be a 71-70 kinda game the way this is shaping up.

What an absolute strike from Penix.  That wasn't some guy wide open 30 yards up the sideline.  That was pinpoint accurate.

Okay, let's hope the purple team doesn't give up another touchdown in 30 seconds.

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

If this was a Commander game day thread, Williams would be eviscerated for that fumble for holding the ball too long. Which he does a lot of (a lot like Howell)

I like Sam a lot. But he isnt either one of these QB's man. Size and athleticism wise. Not close. I would love to see him in Riley's offense though. 

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I like Sam a lot. But he isnt either one of these QB's man. Size and athleticism wise. Not close. I would love to see him in Riley's offense though. 

When did I say he was? I actually think he’s got just as live of an arm. But as far as the size/speed stuff it’s hard to match these guys.

But that was far from my point.

Williams would have been absolutely SLAUGHTERED for that fumble. Held it too long, didn’t protect it and fumbled. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I’m really impressed by Penix. We know Williams will be off the board quick… but if Penix is there I’d think long and hard about it. If not there will be offers and I’d think about those, too. Trade back + Fuaga? 

Lots of good options as long as we don’t **** it up.

• Like 1

Watching Bama and LSU. Of interest to us Latham the Bama RT looks like a very very good player. Possibly better as a run blocker than in pass pro - but his pass pro has been very solid as well. Good feet.

Watched the Clemson game earlier - Trotter was dominant in that game at MLB. He’s probably late first early second range and someone I would keep an eye on. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, MartinC said:

Watching Bama and LSU. Of interest to us Latham the Bama RT looks like a very very good player. Possibly better as a run blocker than in pass pro - but his pass pro has been very solid as well. Good feet.

Watched the Clemson game earlier - Trotter was dominant in that game at MLB. He’s probably late first early second range and someone I would keep an eye on. 

If Trotter gets to our Bears pick it’s a no brainer.

• Like 5