Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

The way Howell is playing, there's no need.

Id still consider Maye if were somehow picking top 2-3. Hes just that good and its no knock on Howell but Im never upset with trying to hit home runs at QB. 

Its a moot point anyway. We wont even be

oickin top 10.

Been doing some thinking and I think this team’s most glaring, red alert needs are the following:

OT (either side.)

LB

Tight End (to pair with #2 Thomas)

Possession Receiver (some size, strength and not slow)

Dynamic RB

Not necessarily in order. We could use another tackle, a guard, a second LB, a corner, potentially safety depending on Curl and an edge. But I think the 5 spots I named above are the ones to flip the fortunes most quickly. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Been doing some thinking and I think this team’s most glaring, red alert needs are the following:

OT (either side.)

LB

Dynamic RB

Not necessarily in order. We could use another tackle, a guard, a second LB, a corner, potentially safety depending on Curl and an edge. But I think the 5 spots I named above are the ones to flip the fortunes most quickly. 

I agree along with an Edge.

Going into 2023 the main needs in no particular order were OT, C, TE, LB, Dynamic RB, CB

That shows a poor off season of addressing the biggest needs. Just disappointing 

• Like 1

Everything really hinges on what happens with Rivera and Howell.  If Rivera gets another year, then Howell is safe and there is no way we go QB in the first.  If Rivera is out and the next regime isn't willing to sit tight on Howell and pass over QB, then our draft is going to be about the QBs.

A lot is in flux right now, including the quality of our pick.  Our options change drastically if we go from picking 9th to 19th.  The no brainer types like Brock Bowers and Jared Verse will be long gone in the latter scenario.

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

OT (either side.)

LB

Dynamic RB

I'd add center at the top of that list. but agree otherwise.

• Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Everything really hinges on what happens with Rivera and Howell.  If Rivera gets another year, then Howell is safe and there is no way we go QB in the first.  If Rivera is out and the next regime isn't willing to sit tight on Howell and pass over QB, then our draft is going to be about the QBs.

A lot is in flux right now, including the quality of our pick.  Our options change drastically if we go from picking 9th to 19th.  The no brainer types like Brock Bowers and Jared Verse will be long gone in the latter scenario.

Theres no chance Rivera returns barring a miracle playoff run

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m not ready to give up on Larsen or Stromberg.

Larson is a solid back up and we don't know about Strom yet, but bringing in another center in the draft doesn't mean we're giving up on Strom, any more than drafting a QB means giving up on Howell.

Currently, Center is a problem and a drastic one.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Larson is a solid back up and we don't know about Strom yet, but bringing in another center in the draft doesn't mean we're giving up on Strom, any more than drafting a QB means giving up on Howell.

Currently, Center is a problem and a drastic one.

I don’t see it the same. Not since Larsen has been there. But I do think IOL in general is important. So if Strom is playing guard, then center is important. If Strom is playing center, then guard is important. All assuming Larsen returns.

• Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t see it the same. Not since Larsen has been there. But I do think IOL in general is important. So if Strom is playing guard, then center is important. If Strom is playing center, then guard is important. All assuming Larsen returns.

Larson has been an improvement, as has Paul, but neither are actually very good blockers. I don't see either even becoming an all pro and I think that's a must at center.

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Larson has been an improvement, as has Paul, but neither are actually very good blockers. I don't see either even becoming an all pro and I think that's a must at center.

Ya that should be on the list. But I’m not sure about immediate top 5 need. If we were to luck into a spot where the center was the best OL available at our pick I wouldn’t necessarily be opposed. Just dont think it’s as pressing as the other spots this year. But we need to address it somewhere soon. That or guard. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Ya that should be on the list. But I’m not sure about immediate top 5 need. If we were to luck into a spot where the center was the best OL available at our pick I wouldn’t necessarily be opposed. Just dont think it’s as pressing as the other spots this year. But we need to address it somewhere soon. That or guard. 

Obviously we need young OL, but if we moved Wylie to LG and drafted best available tackle to play RT, does that improve the line significantly in your opinion?

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Obviously we need young OL, but if we moved Wylie to LG and drafted best available tackle to play RT, does that improve the line significantly in your opinion?

If we moved Wylie to the Mars Explorer team it would drastically improve the line.

• Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Looking forward a few years, I don't see much of a priority above OL and it starts in the middle.

Getting a Howell and Center and a TE (big bodied WR would be great too) would go a million miles for us.

37 minutes ago, KDawg said:

With this regime i still hear they like Stromberg better at center, as do I.  will see about the next regime. 

I did watch some Beebe last year, for some reason thinking flasely he was coming out in that draft and I was impressed but haven't watched him this season

• Like 1