Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

Just now, Anselmheifer said:

This also makes me glad that I didn’t spend my draft season as invested this year. This is the least I’ve followed the draft in 20 years. Wish I’d developed a bunch of favorite players for them to pass on and for me to watch succeed on different teams! 🙄

I unfortunately did the opposite. And it's killing me.

I can't wait for new ownership to come in and clean house. Watching this is just so, frustrating.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The video that I made my last post didn't sit well with me as I listened and watched the face of Hurney.  Anywho, hope things work out with the players we picked to move up for.  Forward, March!  

Kerrigan is a smart dude and had a close up look at Henry.  Plus at the Senior Bowl you can see work habits, etc.  I'd bet Kerrigan pushed it.  

I will rewatch Henry.  But i guess on this pick, i am apparently more chill about it than some.  but i'll have a stronger opinion positive or negative when I have time to rewatch him.

Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 2.14.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 2.14.34 PM.png

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

He was ranked in DJ’s top 80 and another ‘expect’ thinks this. I’m fine with differing opinions but we’ve effectively used picks 150 and 215 on this guy. It’s really not that complicated IMO. 

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Rounds 4-5
NFL Comparison
Lorenzo Carter
Overview
Highly athletic edge defender with good size. Henry has upfield burst, but he tends to be a face-up rusher and will need to improve his hand usage for more effective corner turns. He can be dynamic when twisting and blitzing as a moveable piece around the defensive front and he does a nice job of setting up a buttery smooth inside rush that is often too quick for tackles. He can dart and disrupt as a one-gapper with his hand in the ground but has more trouble than expected in setting firm edges as a run defender. Henry’s strengths and weaknesses are well-defined, with the upside to become a starter.
Strengths
  • Community-oriented team captain with high personal character.

Agree to disagree.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I feel like I’m reading about Ryan Anderson. At least it isn’t the 2nd.

On the bright side, the new regime will be picking up a team with depth and a lot of GOOD talent. Just very little GREAT talent. But we will have a ton of cap room and we are playing this year with no proven QB and have a tougher schedule. So we might have a high pick also. 

Add a high end QB to this roster, and all of a sudden it looks pretty decent for us.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Braeden Daniels is an extremely athletic, explosive tackle. People project him to guard but I think he’s a tackle. Really good player. I like him a lot. But another need reach. Like the player. Abhor the strategy.

Daniels arms are too short for Tackle.  Guard is a good spot for him.  Maybe he could be a swing tackle if he doesn't crack the starting lineup, but I agree with others that his future NFL position is guard.  Great athlete, though, and may be a really solid guard with the ability to pull.

• Like 1

Just now, PokerPacker said:

Daniels arms are too short for Tackle.  Guard is a good spot for him.  Maybe he could be a swing tackle if he doesn't crack the starting lineup, but I agree with others that his future NFL position is guard.  Great athlete, though, and may be a really solid guard with the ability to pull.

33" arms are fine for a RT. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I feel like I’m reading about Ryan Anderson. At least it isn’t the 2nd.

On the bright side, the new regime will be picking up a team with depth and a lot of GOOD talent. Just very little GREAT talent. But we will have a ton of cap room and we are playing this year with no proven QB and have a tougher schedule. So we might have a high pick also. 

Add a high end QB to this roster, and all of a sudden it looks pretty decent for us.

I think the hate on this pick is a bit over the top

He's not a short armed, poor athlete like Anderson.  33 inch arms and an above average athlete

Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 2.23.09 PM.png

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Our draft process is like watching ron play checkers while the rest of the league is playing chess

along with ending the use of "Mayhem", can we end usage of that cliche above?  People like Grant Paulson and Kyle Brandt say it 182 times a season it's so annoying.

no offense, but if you're secretly Grant Paulsen just stop it please.   LOL

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 2

Ive been watching the other teams draft rooms a little closer.......Just thinking ours looked so dead and depressing because its late in the draft.......Just watched the Titans & Bears rooms, mah****as standing up, smiling, shaking hands, high fives, clapping and ****.....Its a beautiful Saturday, why am I even watching this ****........

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Are there any good Punt Returners left on the board?

Ronnie Bell is a WR that returns punts.  Don't know how good he's supposed to be as I wasn't scouting for that as the Packers have Nixon who's got that position locked down.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's not a short armed, poor athlete like Anderson.  33 inch arms and an above average athlete

Just rewatched every snap from the Syracuse game. He got abused. Clemson dropped him in coverage a bit, too. Got beat for 6 on a wheel (that's scheme issue more than him, though, to be fair). 

Also watched part of UNC. He gets moved easily and stalemated easily at edge.

Where I like him better than I thought, and I don't remember seeing this before, is at 3-technique he has great explosion and uses his hands very well as a pass rusher. It's possible that his scheme role at Edge had him hesitant, and when he was playing DT and more of a free rusher he was much more instinctive and played with his hands.

Still don't see much more than a JAG. But I see potential for upside. 

Don't understand trading assets to get him still, either. I'm a touch better with the pick now than I was though, so there's that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

You’re probably right. It’s may just be dissatisfaction with the whole draft strategy boiling over. Similar to what you and Kdawg have been discussing. Every pick for need. Little imagination. Lots of guys picked ahead of where we probably could have gotten them. Lot’s of solid players without elite upside. 

I’ve been wrong about their picks before. Didn’t like the Curl pick at all, nor McLaurin. Thought Chase Young was going to be a 1st ballet HOF guy. 

Forbes may be the guy that doesn’t fit the mold. 4.35 guy with length and a million picks in college and HS, but with size questions. Definitely a need pick, but probably still a swing for the fences. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Just rewatched every snap from the Syracuse game. He got abused. Clemson dropped him in coverage a bit, too. Got beat for 6 on a wheel (that's scheme issue more than him, though, to be fair). 

Also watched part of UNC. He gets moved easily and stalemated easily at edge.

Where I like him better than I thought, and I don't remember seeing this before, is at 3-technique he has great explosion and uses his hands very well as a pass rusher. It's possible that his scheme role at Edge had him hesitant, and when he was playing DT and more of a free rusher he was much more instinctive and played with his hands.

Still don't see much more than a JAG. But I see potential for upside. 

Don't understand trading assets to get him still, either. I'm a touch better with the pick now than I was though, so there's that. 

Did I hear he hasn't played much football, started late? Maybe they see something in him that can be tapped into? 

Just now, CobraCommander said:

Above all else we draft players that have “high character” or so it would seem. Ron likes leaders.

Lead us straight into mediocrity, but deliver us from playoffs

I need...hoping this pans out