Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Watch his film. He misreads often, isn’t really down hill, doesn’t move sideline to sideline well and isn’t all that athletic comparatively. He is a better pass rusher than ILB and he wasn’t even great at that. He is a pure potential pick that could do well in the right system. I don’t think that’s our system.

Thanks.  I appreciate you guys that dig deeply.  I'm pretty much at the mercy of the highlight videos we see.  This guy looks great in the highlights, but then I guess all of them look great in their highlights.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Ron would be gone for the worst case to happen and Sam and Jacoby truly will have to suck.

That might very well happen this season.  There’s no reason to believe that we will be better than our record last year, when you look at how our division had gotten better and our current O-Line situation.  Our schedule next year is a lot tougher too.  We might not be far off as a team from where we were last year, but we still could win 7 or fewer.  I believe Ron is gone after next season ( The entire FO too), unless this team miraculously wins 10+ games and/or wins a playoff game.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/lukas-van-ness-dad-slap-girlfriend-frankie-kmet-butt/?fbclid=IwAR2yJiyKN4t2ybLAL3qfW4EOj6em72G_JlWqxexEEKHDPlhVMEEsAT7x7t0

Split image of Lukas Van Ness' dad slapping Frankie Kmet's butt and Frankie in a white dress with a champagne bottle.

Cameras Caught Packers Top Pick Lukas Van Ness’ Dad Slapping The Butt Of His Son’s Girlfriend During Epic NFL Draft Moment (VIDEO + TWEETS)

Love the commish pic

The Lions draft picks so far -Jahmyr Gibbs at 12 - Jack Campbell at 18 - Sam Laporta at 34 - That's a killer group, all selected earlier than graded by most but dang am I jealous of those 3 selections together.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I really am curious about Dawand Jones. Is his character THAT bad? How often do sure fire 1st round talents drop all the way to day 3 unless they're just effed physically? 

This morning on Good Morning Football, they were talking about a slight fracture in his foot, knee issue and shoulder stinger.  Also said he has interests in basketball.  My guess is the guy is feeling beat up from football and has commitment issues.  That said, they wouldn't be surprised if some team took a flyer on him in the 4th.

6 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Love the commish pic

The Lions draft picks so far -Jahmyr Gibbs at 12 - Jack Campbell at 18 - Sam Laporta at 34 - That's a killer group, all selected earlier than graded by most but dang am I jealous of those 3 selections together.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I really am curious about Dawand Jones. Is his character THAT bad? How often do sure fire 1st round talents drop all the way to day 3 unless they're just effed physically? 

If I recall, Sadiq Charles was billed as a 1st round talent who dropped to the 3rd round when we took him. That hasn't really worked out just yet. I believe he had maturity issues among other things that he did. Maybe this is a similar case?

I haven't digested yet all the players together as for who I'd pick.  I'll get to that soon.  Butr it feels like I dont have to because they work a spot or two per round it seems.

Seems like TE on the radar.  And I wonder if they get antsy because the field is starting to dwindle.  Unless I am missing one, my top 8 TEs gone.  So doing good so far with who i like matching who teams like -- except clearly Washington dropping that far down shocks me but supposedly some injury concerns.

My favorites left.

1.  Will Mallory.  I talked too much about him on the draft thread.  F-TE, fastest TE in the draft, can stretch the field, really high character (I know Ron digs players like that)  Meh as a blocker but he's wiling.  He fits the profile of the TE to a tee that they seem to crave.  But i've heard no rumbilings of interest

2.  Zach Kuntz.   They like Musgrave.  To me this dude is Musgrave light.  Freak athlelte -- tall big time catch radius, good at seperating.  but not the most physical player whether its YAC, contested catches or blocking.  Watched some interviews of him, seems like a good guy.

3.  Josh Whyle.  Steady -- some of the best hands in this draft.  good blocker.  Not explosive.  Sort of a jack of all trades, not a master of one type of TE.  Could work as an H-Back or even Y-TE, he blocks well enough for it.  Strange gets a lot of hype for being a surprisingly good blocker.  This dude deserves some attention IMO for the same thing. 

4. Davis Allen -- sort of like Whyle but with less speed but he is a better contested catcher than him.  I'd have him over Whyle if it weren't for the 4.84 40.  His other measurables at the combine though were good

5.  Payne Durham -- almost the same player as Allen but not as good of a blocker.  This team has poked around some on this player.  

6.  Cameron Latu -- i am not a big fan of undersized TEs who are slow.  But watching him he's still a good seperator.  Meh as a blocker.  Supposedly killed it on the S2 test. 

If it were me in this group, I'd take Mallory or Kuntz.  But I'd be good with Whyle.  And if later in the draft, I'd be ok rolling the dice on the other 3, especially Allen.

Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 10.25.25 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

Dawand....what a fall from grace.....he should have been gone by pick 20

The fact that he canceled a bunch of team meetings is likely scaring people off.  That's a HUGE red flag that says "I'm not sure I want to play at the NFL level".  Worth a 4th round flyer given his talent, but even then, I wouldn't feel all that great about it.

Terelle Smith still out there. 74, you might be right about a DB run to start today. 

LBer, TE and DBs still hanging around is awesome. I'd put the need order like that and that's how I'd target them.

Also hoping we grab (in this order of want) Tune, Bagnet, Haener.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't digested yet all the players together as for who I'd pick.  I'll get to that soon.  Butr it feels like I dont have to because they work a spot or two per round it seems.

Seems like TE on the radar.  And I wonder if they get antsy because the field is starting to dwindle.  Unless I am missing one, my top 8 TEs gone.  So doing good so far with who i like matching who teams like

My favorites left.

1.  Will Mallory.  I talked too much about him on the draft thread.  F-TE, fastest TE in the draft, can stretch the field, really high character (I know Ron digs that.  Meh as a blocker but he's wiling.  He fits the profile of the TE to a tee that they seem to crave.  But i've heard no rumbilings of interest

2.  Zach Kuntz.   They like Musgrave.  To me this dude is Musgrave light.  Freak athlelte -- tall big time catch radius, good at seperating.  but not the most physical player whether it YAC, contested catches of blocking.  Watched some interviews of him, seems like a good guy.

3.  Josh Whyle.  Steady -- some of the best hands in this draft.  good blocker.  Not explosive.  Sort of a jack of all trades, not a master of one type of TE. 

4. Davis Allen -- sort of Whyle with less speed but a better contested catcher than him.  I'd have him over Whyle if it weren't for the 4.84 40.

5.  Payne Durham -- almost the same player as Allen but not as a blocker.  We've poked around some on this player.  

6.  Cameron Latu -- i am not a big fan of undersized TEs who are slow.  But watching him he's still a good seperator.  Meh as a blocker.  Supposedly killed it on the S2 test. 

If it were me in this group, I'd take Mallory or Kuntz.  But I'd be good with Whyle.  And if later in the draft, I'd be ok rolling the dice on the other 3, especially Allen.

Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 10.25.25 AM.png

I think Mallory and Whyle fit EB best but that is just my observation, and I could be way off.  I think that RR was sincere about the TEs and we don't draft one.  Just a guess on my part.  

3 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

The fact that he canceled a bunch of team meetings is likely scaring people off.  That's a HUGE red flag that says "I'm not sure I want to play at the NFL level".  Worth a 4th round flyer given his talent, but even then, I wouldn't feel all that great about it.

I'd spend one of our 6ths on him and that's it with all his uncertainties.  

Like or dislike him, Freeland is who I hope and it's a long shot knowing RR and Mayhem, we draft in the 4th.  I don't think he will be there in the 5th.  

*** As stated I smell a trade in the 4th/5th.  This is where Mayhem does some of his best drafting.  ***

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

RB.  This was my rankings before the draft.

I spent a lot of time on this spot.  RB and TE easily I spent the most time watching, the edge, O line.  Took me a long time to seperarte in my mind the RBs after the top 4 which I think there was somewhat of a consensus on.   After the top 4, not much of a consensus.

The rounds i listed weren't where I thought they'd land but how i personally rated them.  I am not doing doing too bad so far, my top 7 on that list are the actual running backs that were taken so far. 

My top 3 next:

Roschon Johnson

Dwayne McBride

Zach Evans

I doubt they take Roschon though, they are supposedly looking for speed.  Roschon is a power back -- Brian Robinson 2.    

My pick here would be either McBride or Evans.  I'd love either one. 

But if as @KDawg likes to joke work off lists of a round further that where they are picking.  Then Keaton Mitchell.  He fits the theme.  Like the last 2 picks, he's on my guys list and it feels like he might go a round or two later than the 4th.  :ols:

If I had to guess what they do.

Israel Abanikanda or Chase Brown for reasons I expressed in anoither post.  Maybe Mitchell but it seems early for him

I'd get a rush (pun unintended) from a bunch of these RBs.   I actually like a lot the next 10 RBs that I have on my list that weren't already taken.  it's an odd super deep spot.

Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 8.04.29 AM.png

They will take Jordan Mims in the 6th would be a good guess.