Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

Just now, redskinss said:

This board couldn't handle the drafting of another defensive player.

The irony is that NOW it looks like the BPA may be another defensive player. Likely in the secondary but maybe even ILB. Now would be the time to go D

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Ok.  Here’s the absolute best case scenario, and there is a real possibility it could happen:

1. The defense takes the step to elite.  The have the DL.  Now they have a lot of pieces in the secondary + Davis and a new MLB starter.  Maybe not the 2000 Ravens good, but legitimate top 3-5 in the league.  Can **** down just about any team. 

2. At least one of the young TE’s develops into a serious threat.  

3. Chris Paul turns out to be a stud. Everybody liked him last year in camp.  He continues to progress and not only starts at LG but starts and plays well.  

4. By adding Wylie to play RT, Cosmi stands out at RG. 

5. Gates/Larsen/Rouiller lock down the center spot so we don’t have to play Nick Martin types.  

6 EB is able to scheme it up the way they did in KC.  Granted, no Mahomes.  But KC’s offense is genius at getting guys running wide open.  

7. Howell is good.  Not just “ok.”  But after sitting a year, he’s actually good.

If those things all happen, this could be an outstanding team.

The odds of all of these things happening?

Worse than meeting Sydney Sweeney in an elevator and having her ask you to come to her hotel room for a little fun, better than meeting Sinbad in an elevator in Tysons Corner Mall shooting s movie in 1990-something.  (The later happened to me.  The former, not so much.)

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Rolo Tomasie said:

I don't understand why I'm the only one who sees RG3 when I look at Hooker. His athleticism is the same kind of "goofy" athleticism. I think he'll get crushed in the NFL like RG3 did.

I think the same thing about Anthony Richardson

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok.  Here’s the absolute best case scenario, and there is a real possibility it could happen:

1. The defense takes the step to elite.  The have the DL.  Now they have a lot of pieces in the secondary + Davis and a new MLB starter.  Maybe not the 2000 Ravens good, but legitimate top 3-5 in the league.  Can **** down just about any team. 

3. Chris Paul turns out to be a stud. Everybody liked him last year in camp.  He continues to progress and not only starts at LG but starts and plays well.  

5. Gates/Larsen/Rouiller lock down the center spot so we don’t have to play Nick Martin types.  

6 EB is able to scheme it up the way they did in KC.  Granted, no Mahomes.  But KC’s offense is genius at getting guys running wide open.  

7. Howell is good.  Not just “ok.”  But after sitting a year, he’s actually good.

8. We have a new owner.

Just now, KDawg said:

Forbes, skill wise, is an absolute stud who is a better football player than Quan. In a vacuum, we should love Forbes exponentially. Quan, I’d agree, is not far off of Branch. 

so yes, I agree. In theory our secondary should be awesome. 

Not sure about better.  But that wasn't my point.  My point was i love the inter-mixing of these 2 players.  I like the combination of these two players to this secondary. 

Quan has some upside to him, too.  His RAS was just about identical to Forbes' RAS, actually 2 points higher.  BOTH are really good athletes with upside.

Both are ballers.  

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The whine and cheese crowd will complain about anything.

I didn’t complain at all last year.  I called all the “reach” folks dummies and not to worship at the alter of Mel Kiper’s hair spray.

This year… I have philosophical differences with our approach, which I deem to be doggy doo doo. 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If those things all happen, this could be an outstanding team.

The odds of all of these things happening?

Worse than meeting Sydney Sweeney in an elevator and having her ask you to come to her hotel room for a little fun, better than meeting Sinbad in an elevator in Tysons Corner Mall shooting s movie in 1990-something.  (The later happened to me.  The former, not so much.)

if only a few of those happen we can easily qualify as good

12 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

For sure. 

Forrest was a 5th rounder. Curl a 7th. Roullier a 6th. I do trust this FO ability to draft mid to late rounds. The draft is NOT over. 

I know Roullier was the previous regime. Just using him as an example 

What do you think the chances are of finding a really good Tackle at this point? Especially with this FO?

Humor me.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Lions draft is unreal:

Round1·
Pick 12
(12)
RB
Alabama
CLE>HOU>ARI>DET

Round1·
Pick 18
(18)