Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I guess to each their own on that.  Prisco to me isn't even a draft guy.  He dabbles in it a little.  But I never cared much for him on any of his football takes.    

As much as I like Harrison -- them trading up in the late first to get him would be the cherry on top for ruining the night for me -- bad enough not trading down to get draft capital to help in a draft IMO that's good in some key spots which we can use help.   Trading major capital to get back in the first would be really ruin my mood.

My mood right now isn't down.  I get that he's the new Christmas present so lets fall in love. So I am not trying to take away your giddiness.  

With Forbes, I happened to watch a lot of them especially lately.  So in my mind, right or wrong, I have a strong opinion that isn't swayed much but what name that talking head said.

I see him just like I said earlier in the draft thread.  Good player.  Great ball hawk.  I think his game translates well to zone-off coverage in the pros which fits our defense well.  But I worry about him against the run.  Heck even Smoot who adores him, agreed that he could be a liability against the run.  And I wonder about him against some of the more physical corners especially in our division.

Like I said earlier today if they took him in the late first, I'd love the pick.  But at 16, tough for me to love the value.  But I'll get over it.  :ols:

I don't think he's as good as Witherspoon if he had more meet on his bones.  Witherspoon is the better hip to hip coverage guy compared to Forbes.  But agree I'd take him over Gonzalex if he were 30 pounds heavier -- where he matched Gonzalez's weight.  But he's not.    

One thing we are witnessing.  Trade downs have been horrible in bringing back value tonight!  Horrible.  That's one small reason I believe we didn't trade down but we were in love with Forbes because it didn't take long to take him. Our draft was very good last year and I'm hoping this year will be the same.  So far, I like how we have started.  I hope we land an OT wtih our next pick. We lack depth and we need one badly.  

• Like 1

Just now, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Forbes speaks on his weight......this is 2 weeks ago.......says he was 171LBs at his pro day. Says he wants to get to 185LBs

Kind of reminds me a Skee-Lo, “I Wish”. :ols:

12 minutes ago, RWJ said:

One thing we are witnessing.  Trade downs have been horrible in bringing back value tonight!  Horrible.  That's one small reason I believe we didn't trade down but we were in love with Forbes because it didn't take long to take him. Our draft was very good last year and I'm hoping this year will be the same.  So far, I like how we have started.  I hope we land an OT wtih our next pick. We lack depth and we need one badly.  

To me OT might be out the window, might be interior O line.  Unless there is an off chance Bergeron or Harrison fall to 47.    Dawand, I'd love, if they think his character checks out?  Pauline said he heard for character reasons, Dawand ends up late 2nd at best. 

I think our Laporta dream is likely dead.  

I saw TE in the 2nd most likely based on two scenarios.

A.  They traded down so they would have another pick to play with.  Keim sort of implied that they can go off a need early if they add a pick.  And by need that is O line and CB.

B.  I am guessing its almost 100% chance now they go O line in the 2nd.  But the value might be more interior.  But will see.

But lol, I'll see if Keim changes his tune before tomorrow's draft.  He's usually good on day 2 giving a window in what they are thinking. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1