Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

First on CNN: Fulton County DA to present Trump election subversion case to grand jury early next week

An Atlanta-area prosecutor has notified at least two witnesses to appear before a grand jury early next week, the most significant indication of her intention to seek indictments in the investigation of how Donald Trump and others tried to overturn the 2020 election in Georgia.

Former Georgia Lt. Gov Geoff Duncan, a Republican, said Saturday on CNN that he has been told to appear Tuesday before a Fulton County grand jury to testify about the efforts by Trump and his allies. Independent journalist George Chidi posted on social media later Saturday that he’d been told to appear before the grand jury on Tuesday, too.

The upcoming appearances signal that Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis is moving forward with a grand jury presentation where she’s expected to seek charges against more than a dozen people stemming from her investigation into the efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

The Fulton County probe brings the possibility of a fourth indictment against Trump, taking the GOP frontrunner even further into uncharted legal territory. Trump’s legal troubles have dominated the Republican primary for months, with the former president casting his indictments as politically motivated and frequently utilizing them in fundraising pitches.

“I did just receive notification to appear on Tuesday morning at the Fulton County grand jury and I certainly will be there to do my part in recounting the facts,” Duncan, a CNN contributor, told CNN’s Fredricka Whitfield on Saturday.

Click on the link for the full article

03c40b88-62ee-4284-8887-49c1ceabfc84_tex

fark_LSGJHS_JNrlp1bJF-Gtixh_rw40.png?AWS

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Atlanta-area prosecutors investigating efforts to overturn the 2020 election results in Georgia are in possession of text messages and emails directly connecting members of Donald Trump’s legal team to the early January 2021 voting system breach in Coffee County, sources tell CNN. 

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis is expected to seek charges against more than a dozen individuals when her team presents its case before a grand jury next week. Several individuals involved in the voting systems breach in Coffee County are among those who may face charges in the sprawling criminal probe. 

Investigators in the Georgia criminal probe have long suspected the breach was not an organic effort sprung from sympathetic Trump supporters in rural and heavily Republican Coffee County – a county Trump won by nearly 70% of the vote. They have gathered evidence indicating it was a top-down push by Trump’s team to access sensitive voting software, according to people familiar with the situation. 

Trump allies attempted to access voting systems after the 2020 election as part of the broader push to produce evidence that could back up the former president’s baseless claims of widespread fraud.

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Like 5

Pence says he ‘doesn’t recall’ if he was told about false elector scheme leading up to Jan. 6

Former Vice President Mike Pence said Sunday he “doesn’t recall” if he was told by White House officials at the time of a false elector scheme to overturn certain 2020 election results prior to the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. 

When asked by NBC “Meet the Press” moderator Chuck Todd why he asked the Senate parliamentarian whether there were any other electors to consider during the process of Congress certifying the 2020 election, Pence responded that he did so due to reports in the press.

“I did ask the parliamentarian very directly, Chuck. I asked her because I was hearing rumors. I was reading in the newspaper that there were alternate electors. I just — I asked her point-blank,” Pence said.

“Was anybody in the White House telling you this?” Todd asked.

“I asked her if there were any other electors from any state, and she said there was not — I don’t recall that, I just remember hearing it in the public. And I wanted a definitive answer whether or not the parliamentarian had received any additional electoral votes. She had not. So as you know, I — we actually changed the language as those Electoral College votes were recorded,” Pence responded.

Pence said his conversation with the Senate parliamentarian occurred Jan. 3, three days before the Capitol riot. The former vice president said he heard rumors and read of possible alternate electors in the press but does not recall anybody in the White House who told him of false elector schemes. 

• Thumb down 1

55 minutes ago, China said:

Pence says he ‘doesn’t recall’ if he was told about false elector scheme leading up to Jan. 6

Former Vice President Mike Pence said Sunday he “doesn’t recall” if he was told by White House officials at the time of a false elector scheme to overturn certain 2020 election results prior to the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. 

When asked by NBC “Meet the Press” moderator Chuck Todd why he asked the Senate parliamentarian whether there were any other electors to consider during the process of Congress certifying the 2020 election, Pence responded that he did so due to reports in the press.

“I did ask the parliamentarian very directly, Chuck. I asked her because I was hearing rumors. I was reading in the newspaper that there were alternate electors. I just — I asked her point-blank,” Pence said.

“Was anybody in the White House telling you this?” Todd asked.

“I asked her if there were any other electors from any state, and she said there was not — I don’t recall that, I just remember hearing it in the public. And I wanted a definitive answer whether or not the parliamentarian had received any additional electoral votes. She had not. So as you know, I — we actually changed the language as those Electoral College votes were recorded,” Pence responded.

Pence said his conversation with the Senate parliamentarian occurred Jan. 3, three days before the Capitol riot. The former vice president said he heard rumors and read of possible alternate electors in the press but does not recall anybody in the White House who told him of false elector schemes. 

Liar liar, pants on fire!

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 3:19 PM, China said:

Judge Limits Trump’s Ability to Share Jan. 6 Evidence

The federal judge overseeing former President Donald J. Trump’s prosecution on charges of seeking to overturn the 2020 election rejected his request on Friday to be able to speak broadly about evidence and witnesses — and warned Mr. Trump she would take necessary “measures” to keep him from intimidating witnesses or tainting potential jurors.

The caution from the judge, Tanya S. Chutkan, came during a 90-minute hearing in Federal District Court in Washington to discuss the scope of a protective order over the discovery evidence in Mr. Trump’s case, a typically routine step in criminal matters. Judge Chutkan said she planned to impose the order but agreed to a modification requested by the Trump legal team that it apply only to “sensitive” materials and not all evidence turned over to the defense.

She concluded the hearing with a blunt warning to Mr. Trump, and an unmistakable reference to a recent social media post in which he warned, “If you go after me, I’m coming after you!” — a statement his spokesman later said was aimed at political opponents and not at people involved in the case.

“I do want to issue a general word of caution — I intend to ensure the orderly administration of justice in this case as I would in any other case, and even arguably ambiguous statements by the parties or their counsel,” she said, could be considered an attempt to “intimidate witnesses or prejudice potential jurors,” triggering the court to take action.

“I caution you and your client to take special care in your public statements in this case,” she added. “I will take whatever measures are necessary to protect the integrity of these proceedings.”

Well, let's see what she does:

I'd like to see her drag Trump into court for a show cause hearing, but I'm guessing this one will slide.  Although, per her warning, it may influence the trial date she sets in couple of weeks.

• Thumb up 1

On 8/12/2023 at 4:40 PM, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Remember when everyone was afraid of DeSantis running for president because he was a "smarter version of Trump"?...Good times.

They came just to "boo"? Classic Simpsons!

• Haha 4

He's not going to stop. He's going to keep pushing and pushing because, like any narcissist, he believes he's above any rules or laws no matter how much evidence there is against that belief.

The only way to stop him will be to slap a gag order on him, and then throw him in jail for contempt when he violates it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, mistertim said:

He's not going to stop. He's going to keep pushing and pushing because, like any narcissist, he believes he's above any rules or laws no matter how much evidence there is against that belief.

The only way to stop him will be to slap a gag order on him, and then throw him in jail for contempt when he violates it.

But we can't because he has chosen to run for President... 

Is he really going to argue that being a political candidate makes him immune from criminal prosecution?  This is exactly what he is implying.

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

I view this like a parent (Fani) disciplining a misbehaving child, but instead of adding weeks to detention, it's additional criminal charges.

Child/Trump:  /misbehaves

Parent/Fani:  You are grounded for a week! / indicts on initial list of charges.

Child/Trump:  /talks back / posts about Lt. Gov. 

Parent/Fani:  Two weeks! / adds witness intimidation to list of charges.

Child/Trump:  That's not fair!

Parent/Fani:  YOU WANT SOME MORE?? TRY ME AGAIN!

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Larry said:

Boy, if somebody "accidentally" posted that, thumbs up.

LOL, I wonder if this is like the "leaked" Supreme Court Roe decision, where it ended up likely being a conservative who wanted to ensure none of the conservative justices got cold feet at the end.