Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

Regarding the WaPo article on Lyin' Ted:  Below is a an extremely funny paragraph in that article, and I laughed out load when I read it, but I wish journalists would be less tongue-in-check and, rather, be a lot more straightforward in calling Trump a dumbass.

Cruz’s “father, you know, was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald’s, you know, being shot,” he said in an interview on Fox News’s “Fox & Friends,” mixing up the details a bit. “What was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald, shortly before the death?” he added. “Before the shooting? It’s horrible.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Really?  

Because all I've really seen Pecker testify to, is that he intentionally placed his newspapers completely in the tank for the Trump campaign.  And newspapers are allowed to do that.  We have a long history of it.  A great many people believe (incorrectly) that "The Liberal Media" does exactly the same thing.  

4 hours ago, Larry said:

Really?  

Because all I've really seen Pecker testify to, is that he intentionally placed his newspapers completely in the tank for the Trump campaign.  And newspapers are allowed to do that.  We have a long history of it.  A great many people believe (incorrectly) that "The Liberal Media" does exactly the same thing.  

The contention is that in doing so, Trump violated New York Election Law 17-152. That law prohibits conspiracies to promote the election of a specific candidate through unlawful means.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

I still wish the Georgia case would have gone first. THAT's the one that will be televised, and necessary PRIOR to the election.

Drumpf swallowers need to see all the evidence and testimony in that case, although I'm sure Faux News will air car chases and how the "tide goes in and out"

• Like 4

6 hours ago, illone said:

I still wish the Georgia case would have gone first. THAT's the one that will be televised, and necessary PRIOR to the election.

Drumpf swallowers need to see all the evidence and testimony in that case, although I'm sure Faux News will air car chases and how the "tide goes in and out"

I think it will give people on the fence about him a reason NOT to vote for him. It won't sway liberals or his base in either direction.

• Like 5

Trump and His Mar-a-Lago Co-Defendants Switch Tactics

Attorneys for Donald Trump’s co-defendants switched direction in a motion Tuesday, arguing that FBI agents weren’t thorough enough in their search of the ex-president’s Mar-a-Lago estate when they retrieved top-secret documents from there in 2022.

The abrupt about-face—after over a year of Trump and his allies decrying the search itself as “unconstitutional” and invasive—referred to the fact that federal investigators missed a “hidden room” near Trump’s bedroom and a locked closet during their search of the premises, both of which may have contained classified documents.

Now, attorneys for Trump co-defendant Walt Nauta—and on behalf of Carlos De Oliveira and Trump himself—have demanded that Special Counsel Jack Smith’s cough up “records concerning the FBI’s apparent failure to search several areas of President Trump’s residence during their execution of a search warrant on Mar-a-Lago.”

If approved, the request would require Smith’s team to hand over any internal government communications related to the search of Mar-a-Lago that reference these hidden rooms—which they allege were known to the FBI prior to its raid.

The defense is apparently using the government oversight to argue that their own obstruction charges are invalid, thanks to feds’ willful “ignorance” about the existence of the room they missed in their search.

“Indeed, the only explanation for this failure is that the [special counsel office] intends to rely on its ignorance of what was in former President Trump’s residence as part of its pitch to the jury that boxes were moved for the purpose of concealing their contents from the investigation,” the motion said.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1