Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

53 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Can we just use the one the insurrectionists built for Pence?  There's some poetry in that.

34 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

As long as it is functional. .

Was anything the insurrectionists did, functional?  

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Was anything the insurrectionists did, functional?  

Well the insurrection did function to point out some of the traitors in our midst.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Good.  It will hopefully make him more erratic on the weekends when he holds his rallies, and if we're lucky he'll end up with an aneurysm.

Edited by China
  • Thumb up 1

So in his opening statement Trump's lawyer, Todd Blanche, stated that Trump was a family man and a father.  Yet neither his wife or any of his adult children showed up at trial to support him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, China said:

So in his opening statement Trump's lawyer, Todd Blanche, stated that Trump was a family man and a father.  Yet neither his wife or any of his adult children showed up at trial to support him.

They are at home helping Baron get ready for finals.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Also, here's a screenshot of the graphic from that video showing where each of the jurors get their news--I had not seen this before, so posting it in case anyone else had not seen it, either:

image.png.c489752b2699e2c32b8853138ddf78be.png

People saw this and claim that juror #2 is going to be a problem.

Does anyone have a video or an article that breaks down (in detail) what Trump did and the timeline he did it?

Contempt update...doesn't seem like a very strong argument, unfortunately:

Judge Merchan asks the Prosecution: what is the connection between the posts and the gag order's language about "making public statements about known or reasonably foreseeable witnesses concerning their potential participation...in this criminal proceeding"?

Prosecution: What Fox News Jesse Watters' said on tv about the prospective jurors/jurors versus what Trump posted are different in that Trump's Truth Social post was slightly modified in a way and it violates the gag order.

Trump posted the following: "They're catching undercover liberal activists lying to the judge just to get on the Trump jury." According to the prosecutor, Watters did NOT say this; Watters only said, "They're catching undercover liberal activists lying to the judge."

Prosecutor: There's no doubt that the Defendant made these posts. Defendant took what Jesse Watters said and added to it 40 minutes after Watters said part of the statement. It shows careful deliberation and willfulness in making the Truth Social post.

ADA Conroy: “Throwing a ‘MAGA’ into a post doesn’t make it political. It may make it more ominous.”

EDITED to add in an additional comment.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think just mentioning the jury is going to be what draws a strong response from the judge.  I heard the idea of 7 days house arrest floated. I think that would be a good, strong message to send.

Unfortunately I doubt that happens, though I'd love to see it.  I'm guessing at this first hearing, he will be fined $1000 for each violation.  I think he's up to 12 now (possibly more).  

• Thumb up 2

Now Blanche is talking...

Now, Blanche gets up for Trump and argues that Trump knows what the gag order says and nothing that he posted violated the gag order.

Blanche: Trump's repost regarding Avenatti's comments on the gag order's hypocrisy - Michael Cohen responded directly to Avenatti's tweet and he did so politically and not about the trial. Trump is allowed to respond to political attacks. 

Judge Merchan: Please provide the timeline for these posts. Cohen's post was at 9:21 and that precedes Avenatti's post which was at 10:07, correct?

Blanche: Yes.

Merchan: So your position is that Trump's repost is political b/c Cohen references a pardon? 

Merchan: You believe that everything Avenatti said does not relate to the trial? But the word "pardon" by Cohen makes it political and authorizes your client to respond?

Blanche: Yes. 

MERCHAN: “Have you spoken with Mr. Avenatti about what he means [in his tweet]?”

BLANCHE: “No, of course not.”

MERCHAN: Then how can you interpret what he believes?

eddf.jpg

• Haha 1

Make him do a book report on The Color Purple.

e1f.jpg

Some people come up and tell me, with tears in their eyes, that the color purple is the greatest color. It's a beautiful color really. A tremendous color. Even the blacks say so. But it's no baby**** brown. That's the color of royalty. 

• Haha 3