Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Ah! I have not gotten to count downs (or punishments at all, yet). No wonder the concept was over my head. 

Sage advice. The wee one will pay! 

With toddlers, who are not rational and cannot be expected to act as such, NEVER GET TO THREE.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I assume the judge is going to rapidly escalate the penalties for repeat offenses (which are sure to happen).  To continue with @Llevron's analogy, I think this is like when my toddler is misbehaving and I say "One."  

My toddler then knows if I get to "Three", he's going to his room for awhile (which is the end of the world), but at "One" he ignores me. 

This way, the Judge gets to look reasonable and restrained, but if it happens 2 more times and he sticks Trump in the cooler for a night, he can say, truthfully, that Trump was warned and knew what was going to happen. 

I really hope you're right. Even escalating fines won't stop Trump IMO. Though then the issue with throwing him in the can is that it's potentially a double edged sword. It will no doubt just add further fuel to the persecution complex he has and has fostered in his followers. I wouldn't be surprised to see some violence happen. And I'm sure he knows all of this just fine.

• Sad 1

Count downs for punishment don’t work in my house. 

we don’t spank. Not my decision. Wife’s decision. But I believe in being on the same page with the other parent and “no you must hit your children” isn’t really a winning argument. 

but counting don’t ****ing work and if there were ever a kid that needs a good spanking to get their **** together I got two of them living in my house 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I really hope you're right. Even escalating fines won't stop Trump IMO. Though then the issue with throwing him in the can is that it's potentially a double edged sword. It will no doubt just add further fuel to the persecution complex he has and has fostered in his followers. I wouldn't be surprised to see some violence happen. And I'm sure he knows all of this just fine.

I mean, his persecution complex and his followers' adherence to it are already at 10/10.  It doesn't have a higher potential to get to.  

Also, Judges are very dictatorial in my experience.  They have to act reasonable and restrained, but if you ignore a judge, bad things happen to you.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

56 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

With toddlers, who are not rational and cannot be expected to act as such, NEVER GET TO THREE.  

I agree. I follow the very old school method of conflict resolution where you say you're counting to three but actually draw and fire when you call "two."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, tshile said:

Count downs for punishment don’t work in my house. 

we don’t spank. Not my decision. Wife’s decision. But I believe in being on the same page with the other parent and “no you must hit your children” isn’t really a winning argument. 

but counting don’t ****ing work and if there were ever a kid that needs a good spanking to get their **** together I got two of them living in my house 

I can count the number of times I spanked my son on one hand.  My line in the sand was when fits were thrown that resulted in danger to his health or others (e.g. throwing a fit because he wants to use a sharp knife like an adult resulting in him throwing a steak knife).  The funny thing is, those few times made the counting threat work...he didnt know where the line that would result in spanking actually was...but he did know there was a line.  And that was enough...at least until his teens anyway.

• Like 1

Exclusive: Fulton County DA has discussed plea deals with at least 6 more Trump co-defendants

Fulton County prosecutors have discussed potential plea deals with at least six additional co-defendants charged alongside Donald Trump for attempting to subvert the 2020 presidential election, multiple sources tell CNN.

The strategy by District Attorney Fani Willis’ office is clear: get as many co-defendants as possible to flip on the former president, leaving Trump and perhaps a few close allies on the hot seat.

Pro-Trump lawyer Robert Cheeley is among those who have been offered a plea deal in the Georgia case but, according to his lawyer, turned it down.

“To say that we are currently in discussions with the DA’s office would be an inaccurate representation of what is going on. They made us an offer some time ago and we declined it,” Cheeley’s attorney Richard Rice said.

Former Coffee County, Georgia, elections supervisor Misty Hampton and former Trump campaign official Mike Roman have also been in contact with the DA’s office about a possible deal, multiple sources said.

CNN has confirmed that three other defendants have also discussed a potential plea deal with Fulton County prosecutors but agreed not to name them after sources expressed concerns about speaking about the case at this phase.

A source with knowledge of the Fulton County DA’s strategy tells CNN that it would be open to discussing plea deals with anyone, but there is little room for compromise when it comes to the charges against Trump.

To be clear, there is no indication that prosecutors or Trump’s legal team are interested in discussing a plea deal. 

Click on the link for the full article

Looks like the DA's office wants to clear out the little fish so that she can focus on the big fish.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Jabbyrwock said:

I can count the number of times I spanked my son on one hand.  My line in the sand was when fits were thrown that resulted in danger to his health or others (e.g. throwing a fit because he wants to use a sharp knife like an adult resulting in him throwing a steak knife).  The funny thing is, those few times made the counting threat work...he didnt know where the line that would result in spanking actually was...but he did know there was a line.  And that was enough...at least until his teens anyway.

Figures that a physicist would even give his threats quantum values.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Special counsel urges judge to reinstate limited gag order against Trump

Federal prosecutors urged a Washington, D.C., judge to reinstate a limited gag order against former President Donald Trump to keep him from publicly targeting potential witnesses in the special counsel's 2020 election-related case, according to court papers filed late Wednesday. 

In the court filing, special counsel Jack Smith's team also argued that Judge Tanya Chutkan should consider making the gag order a permanent condition of Trump's post-indictment release, suggesting that she should effectively tie the former president's pretrial liberties to his cooperation with the court's order. 

Earlier this month, Chutkan partially granted the Justice Department's request for restrictions on Trump's public speech about the special counsel's case, barring him from speaking about prosecutors, court staff and potential witnesses. 

The judge said at the time that her ruling — which applied to Trump, his attorneys, and government lawyers — was an effort to protect witnesses from being unduly influenced ahead of trial and to shield prosecutors and court employees from being targeted. 

The former president's legal team appealed the matter to a higher court and asked Chutkan to put a hold on her order while it is further litigated. The judge decided last week that she would temporarily stay the gag order while she heard from both sides. In the days that followed, Trump returned to posting about the special counsel and possible witnesses. 

Trump's attorneys argued in a filing last week, "No Court in American history has imposed a gag order on a ... defendant who is campaigning for public office-least of all on the leading candidate for President." 

• Thumb up 1

Late-night Trump filing demands dismissal of election case for 'failure to state offense'

Former President Donald Trump is now attempting the "First Amendment" defense as the reason he had the right to attempt to overturn the 2020 election and encourage an attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Trump is charged with as much, but the documents filed shortly after midnight Tuesday morning also claimed that the indictment from the Justice Department has a "failure to state an offense." It's legalese for, "You didn't say I broke any laws."

"To adequately allege an offense, a specification must (1) notify the accused of the offense charged, (2) contain the elements of the offense either expressly or by fair implication, and (3) together with the record of trial, bar any subsequent prosecution in the event of acquittal or conviction," explains Daniel Conway & Associates' website.

Legal analyst Allison Gill asked if this was the deadline for pretrial motions. Lawfare's Anna Bower, who posted the filings online here and here, explained that indeed, midnight was the cutoff, leading to everything Trump's lawyers could find to challenge his indictment.

A third pre-trial motion demands Judge Tanya Chutkan strike “inflammatory” allegations from the DOJ's "indictment—specifically, allegations related to actions of 'independent actors' at the Capitol on January 6, 2021," Bower pointed out.

The final filing, number four, is Trump's motion to dismiss the case on "selective and vindictive prosecution" grounds. He had been saying that he would file such a motion.

• Haha 1