Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

40 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I see little or no honesty, or intelligence. Whether you "enjoy" the term and phrasing I used doesn't matter to me. How you emotionally react to these comments is your business.

Could you point me to where?  I don't appreciate being called stupid by a moderator, none-the-less.  

To me whether either of them is at the top of their mental game,, not as important as the people they will bring in.
A president is never the be-all end-all to decision making, policy making, or anything. He has advisers and experts all up and down the chain to help with input when it comes to the big things.
To me, which one will bring in the people I trust to assist in those decisions for the good of the country.

Trump has shown us. All of his 'best people' ended up indicted or in jail. 
Trump's people are scum, and would not, have not put the country first.

SO whichever one can drool the most isn't really a concern, We're getting one or the other. It's who else comes along.

If anyone can look at the last ten years in public life, and know anything about Trump's previous life, if you trust him, i have to seriously wonder if you haven't been brain damaged.

~Bang

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

Being back on track.  I don't see how they (jury) do 'not guilty' here, honestly.  I think just by how even though a lot of testimony (Stormy) was irrelevant, it painted a picture the defense wanted.  In the meantime, the defense reads like they have been scorn by the judge numerous times.  I don't see how the jury doesn't convict.

But i don't know how the judge will sentence.  That's going to be the crazy part.  I'm curious if any jail sentence boosts 3rd party, and ruins Trumps campaignor does it give him a stigma to voters that wouldn't normally vote would vote for him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, superozman said:

Being back on track.  I don't see how they (jury) do 'not guilty' here, honestly.  I think just by how even though a lot of testimony (Stormy) was irrelevant, it painted a picture the defense wanted.  In the meantime, the defense reads like they have been scorn by the judge numerous times.  I don't see how the jury doesn't convict.

But i don't know how the judge will sentence.  That's going to be the crazy part.  I'm curious if any jail sentence boosts 3rd party, and ruins Trumps campaignor does it give him a stigma to voters that wouldn't normally vote would vote for him?

Just a conviction may be enough with some Republican voters to either not vote the president choice or to write in someone. Either way, that's a vote against Trump. I personally don't see a prison sentence for Trump: I see probation or house imprisonment, big fine, community service (which is a laugh riot because the presidency is supposed to be service to We the People and he didn't do that so it's an appropriate sentence). 

Just now, Ball Security said:

The six alternate jurors do not deliberate with the other 12. But they can’t have their electronic devices either until the verdict comes in. What hell for those folks.

back to the old days....hopefully brought a book!

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

Just a conviction may be enough with some Republican voters to either not vote the president choice or to write in someone. Either way, that's a vote against Trump. I personally don't see a prison sentence for Trump: I see probation or house imprisonment, big fine, community service (which is a laugh riot because the presidency is supposed to be service to We the People and he didn't do that so it's an appropriate sentence). 

I was just kidding with someone about community service.  Obviously got into orange jokes with the vest and stuff, but at the end of it we agreed due to being a former president that would be off the table, and to your point, we figured a big old hefty fine.  (didn't think about house arrest/imprisonment...that would be a win for Biden, unless he's free on weekends to campaign or something)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, superozman said:

Could you point me to where?  I don't appreciate being called stupid by a moderator, none-the-less.  

I didn't "call you stupid." You're free to re-examine my post more carefully and reach an understanding of what I did state.

Understand that false accusations directed at a moderator are a rule violation, but it will not be applied in this case because you have no previous violations. So this one gets a pass.

You are however done posting on this tangent in this thread. If you wish to continue your comments about Biden's or Trump's various cognitive issues (dementia or others) find a more appropriate thread or start one.

If you wish to comment on the trial in a manner appropriate to the thread title, feel free to do so, but post only trial related comments. 

2 minutes ago, superozman said:

back to the old days....hopefully brought a book!

How are they going to get their bets in tonight if they don’t have their phone? That was my thought when my phone was confiscated. 🤣

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

had CNN on all afternoon, just came back from the bathroom to my home office and they said the jury 'sent a note" after 3 hours and 42 minutes

Edited by ixcuincle

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

had CNN on all afternoon, just came back from the bathroom to my home office and they said the jury 'sent a note" after 3 hours and 42 minutes

Could be as simple as a question to the judge though. Having been on several civil/criminal juries, we had to, if I recall, ask questions through those notes to the Judge (usually vis the bailiff).

Edited by The Evil Genius

According to the judge, the jury wants:

• David Pecker’s testimony regarding a phone conversation with Donald Trump while Pecker was in the investor meeting.
  • Pecker's testimony about the decision not to finalize and fund the assignment of Karen McDougal's life rights.
  • Pecker's testimony regarding a Trump Tower meeting.
  • Michael Cohen's testimony regarding the Trump Tower meeting.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Does anyone expect a quick decision here?

I almost do because I just don't see how it's anything but guilty...but I'm usually wrong so here comes 3 days LOL

53 minutes ago, Bang said:

To me whether either of them is at the top of their mental game,, not as important as the people they will bring in.

I try to come to a feel about "What will the country be like, if This Guy wins?"  

With Biden?  

To me, one of the most telling things he did?  

He successfully maneuvered the Republicans into not holding the national economy hostage and demanding cuts to Social Security and Medicare.  Something that the Republicans have done every single time they've had the power to screw things up.  

And he did it, without any overt confrontation at all.  He talked a Repubican-majority House that was being run by a cadre of people who's #1 goal was to cripple the economy.  And got the rest of the R's to actually stop the terrorists from carrying out their plan.  

Now.  Was that the Masterful Darth Brandon?  Or some people under him?  

Don't know.  Don't care.  Give me a big helping of "four more years of the same."  

-----

Now, Trump?  

I actually don't think Trump wants to rule the world.  I'm not even sure if he knows that a world exists outside of his own asshole.  

21qcjz.jpg

What Trump desperately wants, is:

1)  To stay out of jail.  (And the only way he can do that is to become President, and then abuse his powers.)  

2)  Punish everybody he thinks has wronged him.  (Which is, frankly, almost everybody.  I mean, no one in the history of the world has ever been treated as badly as him.)  

3)  And get paid buckets of cash.  

However?  The people Trump will surround himself with?  The ones he will trust to handle pesky details like, well, everything that doesn't affect his cash flow?  

Those people absolutely want to rule the world.  

Donald Trump didn't pick Supreme Court justices to overturn Roe.  He delegated that to Skippy and minions.  Who skillfully and professionally did - exactly what they intend to keep doing.  

The whole Jan 6th attempt to overurn the election?  That wasn't Trump's idea.  His minions did.  And he had an entire cadre of conspirators fully willing to carry out the plan.  And they are still there, still in power, and completely willing.  (The only difference is, they've had 4 years to work on the plan.)  They're not repentant.  They won't even admit that they were wrong.  

I look at the actions, of the whole package.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

Court prepares for readback of requested testimony

"I will be in the robing room -- let me know when you are ready for readback," Judge Merchan said after the jury requested a review of four pieces of testimony from Michael Cohen and David Pecker.

Merchan then left the courtroom.

A court reporter dropped a 12-inch stack of transcripts on the prosecution counsel table then handed an index to the prosecutors.

Trump attorneys Emil Bove and and Todd Blanche appeared to be searching through papers on their table, while Trump sat motionless. Prosecutors were doing the same thing.

Jury asks to rehear judge's instructions

Judge Merchan, returning to the bench,, announced, "We did just receive another note."

The judge said the wants to rehear the judge's instructions.

Merchan suggesting bringing them back to clarify if they want the entire instructions or just a portion.

Jury notes will be addressed Thursday as the jury has been dismissed for the day.

Click on the link for more

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, superozman said:

I think Kennedy won't stir enough of the Trumpies out of their stupor.
I also think they are now boiled down to the hardcores who will not believe anything unless he says it, period, no matter how much they know better. 
A conviction won't sway one vote away from him he wasn't going to get already.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Does anyone expect a quick decision here?

No. Even if the evidence is solid, I’d expect the jurors to go through a very thorough process given the fact that it’s a former and potentially future POTUS here. 

• Like 5