Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

We've got another meddlesome know-nothing owner in town, toying with the roster in the middle of a season and ****ing over his football people.  I can't believe so many people in here are cheering this ****.  You all were totally full of **** when you used to **** about Dan Snyder doing this stuff with the team.

I don't think its near the same thing.

The new ownership has to make moves for the long term health of the franchise because the current staff can't be trusted to. This is a staff the owners inherited and are essentially stuck with.

I don't think this will be standard operating procedure for Harris once he gets his people into place.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 3

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

We've got another meddlesome know-nothing owner in town, toying with the roster in the middle of a season and ****ing over his football people.  I can't believe so many people in here are cheering this ****.  You all were totally full of **** when you used to **** about Dan Snyder doing this stuff with the team.

You’ll be able to double up on your rants when we then use the draft picks on players you don’t like 😂

• Haha 12

So what are our top needs for those 3 picks in the top 50 selections?

1. OT is clearly the big need and probably BPA pick as well in the first round (assuming we pick top 10 which looks likely).

2. DE now becomes a need

3. ILB - still probably the weakest part of the D.

4. CB - Forbes is struggling badly and Fuller is a free agent. St Juste has had a down year as well overall. 

5. G - LG is still not solved. Stromberg is probably more of C than G.

6. RB/3rd down back - Gibson wont be back. 

7. TE - Thomas is having a decent year but he's not really a threat to go vertical down a seam anymore. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

1. OT is clearly the big need and probably BPA pick as well in the first round (assuming we pick top 10 which looks likely).

2. DE now becomes a need

4. CB - Forbes is struggling badly and Fuller is a free agent. St Juste has had a down year as well overall. 

7. TE - Thomas is having a decent year but he's not really a threat to go vertical down a seam anymore. 

Don't overlook WR as a need. Samuel is a FA. McLaurin will be 30 soon. Dotson is good but not elite. If we have a shot at Harrison jr or the FSU kid and they're the best player available you have to consider it. WR is a prime position in today's NFL.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, RVAskins said:

Let's hope with the added draft picks it won't be RR and Mayhew running the draft. I think this is the beginning of the end for the coaching staff. Josh Harris has seen enough.

Oh they're absolutely out of here.

In fact I wouldn't be shocked if Rivera resigned midseason.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

This is true - but its NOT Dan Snyder and its clearly a lame duck collection of football people. This is not an owner going fantasy shopping for an 'all star' team a la Dan Snyders early years. Its an owner setting the table for the next GM and HC. 

It does send a bad signal to the current coaching staff and team though. Everyone can now see the writing spay painted on the wall about the rest of this season. It could get ugly. But then it probably was going to anyway.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

2. DE now becomes a need

Damn, that's a lot of needs.  lol

1 minute ago, MrJL said:

so, we'll pair Chicago's second and  San Fran's third  for one trade and our second and third to move back into the first round twice and have three first round picks, right?

At the very least, we'll have lots of ammo to move up for a QB if that's the direction the new staff wants to go in.

Lets say we have a top 10 pick and the Bears 2nd is also top 5 in the 2nd round. That's three top 40 picks and then the two third rounders. Enough to move up to get Maye or Williams without having to mortgage too much in terms of future picks.

15 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Just the billionth reminder why you don't build defenses before you've got your QB. We built a world class DL with four top 10-15 talents in the draft, included two different guys with top 5 grades and still were straight --- the entire time they were here (yes we made the playoffs, but everyone knows when we made the playoffs, we still were hot garbage 7-9 type teams). 

I don't mind targeting guys with their talent: Allen, Young, Sweat etc, when they represent value and when we actually have a QB, but if we don't have a QB, and the QB classes are good (like '18, '20 etc), you have to get the freaking QB. It's just idiotic team building strategy to do otherwise.

Hopefully we learned our lesson, but with people talking LB on day 1 or 2, and not getting a QB, I suspect many of the fans havent.

Regardless, at this point, we'll have 5 top 90ish picks, and 3 top 40-45 picks. Not bad at all. 

• Like 2

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I don't think its near the same thing.

The new ownership has to make moves for the long term health of the franchise because the current staff can't be trusted to. This is a staff the owners inherited and are essentially stuck with.

I don't think this will be standard operating procedure for Harris once he gets his people into place.

You think Josh Harris knows what's best for the long term health of the franchise?  A neophyte who knows absolutely nothing about football or team building.  Dude couldn't even appear sober or string a coherent sentence together as Troy Aikman and Joe Buck tried to baby step him through a softball interview.  He doesn't know the first ****ing thing about running an NFL team, and here he is forcing trades of two of our best players at his first ****ing trade deadline.

You can rationalize this any way you want, and tell yourself that it won't happen again.  Harris has crossed a line that should be unacceptable to any fan who watched the Snyder era unfold.

• Haha 3
  • Thumb down 3

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Pretty telling of what the league thinks of Chase.

Yeah I'm surprised about that as well. I thought he'd have more clout but really the league doesn't respect him much at all. He's actually statistically having a nice season but smart teams can see it's mostly a fugazi because he pads his stats against bad QBs/OLs but tends to disappear against top competition.

I still would have preferred to keep him over only getting a 3rd, but I can understand the new ownership wanting to get something for him instead of risking letting him walk for nothing and setting up their future FO with more assets to work with.

• Like 2

Just now, The Consigliere said:

Just the billionth reminder why you don't build defenses before you've got your QB. We built a world class DL with four top 10-15 talents in the draft, included two different guys with top 5 grades and still were straight --- the entire time they were here (yes we made the playoffs, but everyone knows when we made the playoffs, we still were hot garbage 7-9 type teams). 

I don't mind targeting guys with their talent: Allen, Young, Sweat etc, when they represent value and when we actually have a QB, but if we don't have a QB, and the QB classes are good (like '18, '20 etc), you have to get the freaking QB. It's just idiotic team building strategy to do otherwise.

Hopefully we learned our lesson, but with people talking LB on day 1 or 2, and not getting a QB, I suspect many of the fans havent.

Regardless, at this point, we'll have 5 top 90ish picks, and 3 top 40-45 picks. Not bad at all. 

when we started building the D-Line we still had Kirk, and when we lost Kirk we got Alex Smith both of whom in the right cirsumstances could have been good enough QBs for a game changing D-line