Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd take a 6th for him if that's all we can get.  When is the last time we had a loaded draft from the jump?  I don't mind after trading down on draft day but before dract day even starts?  

Last time that I can recall was the first draft Dan inherited from Casserly.

Lets Eagles style load up on picks.  Heck even late rounders.  Brissett probably isn't back next season. 

I’d rather have some competency in the position down the stretch if Howell were to get hurt. Hard to evaluate guys like Paul, Rodriguez, etc if you are playing Fromme. Any help with Howell’s development is a plus. I’d take that over an extra sixth rounder. But I can see the other side of the argument.

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

I'd probably take a 6, but I can understand not doing that. A 5 would be hard to turn down for me. 

I'd get it too purely from the mentoring Sam standpoint -- I hate the narrative that I heard that part of it for them is they still want have a backup because of all the hits howell has taken.

I'd pull the trigger though still.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd get it too purely from the mentoring Sam standpoint -- I hate the narrative that I heard that part of it for them is they still want have a backup because of all the hits howell has taken.

I hear the mentorship thing but is 8 weeks really going to make a difference? Lol 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I’d rather have some competency in the position down the stretch if Howell were to get hurt. Hard to evaluate guys like Paul, Rodriguez, etc if you are playing Fromme. Any help with Howell’s development is a plus. I’d take that over an extra sixth rounder. But I can see the other side of the argument.

I just don't care about this season.    Lets build draft capital for a new regime.  I am over seeing whether Ron has another 8-9 run in him.    I don't know if Fromm would retard the progress of a LG and a RB.    half the season is already over.

Just now, CapsSkins said:

I hear the mentorship thing but is 8 weeks really going to make a difference? Lol 

I am guessing not that's why i am in favor of it.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah, if Howell gets hurt then I'd want Brissett gone even more, because at that point there is zero to play for but draft position. I am not turning down draft compensation for Brissett so that he can hurt our draft position too. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

32 minutes ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Some of you don't understand how dead money works and it shows.

If no one likes a know-it-all, I struggle to whip up a family-friendly sentence to describe how they feel towards people who are loudly, confidently wrong while being arrogant. Sit out a few reps 

• Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

I’d rather have some competency in the position down the stretch if Howell were to get hurt. Hard to evaluate guys like Paul, Rodriguez, etc if you are playing Fromme. Any help with Howell’s development is a plus.

No late round pick has more value then having competent QB play in the event your starting QB that has already taken a season's worth of sacks gets hurt.

If you gotta march Fromm or someone who barely knows the playbook out there Paul, Stromburg, Dot... they all likely turn into busts as you have no ability to evaluate them. And that late rounder aint replacing a whole lot.

I got no interest in moving JB, even ignoring his mentorship bonus.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I just don't care about this season.    Lets build draft capital for a new regime.  I am over seeing whether Ron has another 8-9 run in him.    I don't know if Fromm would retard the progress of a LG and a RB.    half the season is already over.

This; and I think we have seen enough from Howell to know he is starting caliber. Whether he is top shelf remains to be seen, wont find out this season anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Conn said:

If no one likes a know-it-all, I struggle to whip up a family-friendly sentence to describe how they feel towards people who are loudly, confidently wrong while being arrogant. Sit out a few reps 

Took me a few beats to decide whether to do a thanks, thumbs up or laugh reaction. Wish I could have done all three. 

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Asking for a day 2 pick for Brissett seems overly aggressive. Nice starting point but a 4th or 5th would do me.

Yep, that's crazy. Last full season as a starter w/some good #'s too was 2019. Why would anyone trade a pick in the 33-100 zone for that? Of course the bears are idiots, but there are only so many teams you can swindle, especially when we're normally one of those few. 

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I’d rather crash and burn in glorious fashion if Howell gets hurt than have Brissett to fall back on. If they want a competent QB to finish the season then they can continue gameplanning to protect the one they’ve got. They don’t deserve a safety net in a lost season. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Conn said:

I’d rather crash and burn in glorious fashion if Howell gets hurt than have Brissett to fall back on. If they want a competent QB to finish the season than they can continue gameplanning to protect the one they’ve got. They don’t deserve a safety net in a lost season. 

Yep, don’t need a safety net at QB now.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

I’d rather crash and burn in glorious fashion if Howell gets hurt than have Brissett to fall back on. If they want a competent QB to finish the season than they can continue gameplanning to protect the one they’ve got. They don’t deserve a safety net in a lost season. 

Me as well, but I guess its hard for a coach to say to the team, "Well, we moved Brissett because this season it totally ----ed". But who cares, I'm interested in the tank, and as many assets as we can build around. 

• Like 1

I'd add last draft season, the talk was how underwhelming the top 10 was looking to be in the draft, one of the weaker classes.  this top 10 is looking special especially at the spots we need including O line.  I know no guarantees, drafts are crap shoots, etc.  But at least in theory this is a good draft to load up on and hopefully get a high pick.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

You think football people can't judge the play of a G or RB unless they have someone as good as Jacoby Brissett at QB?

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b7wqk1b1krsumjpflkba

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

You think football people can't judge the play of a G or RB unless they have someone as good as Jacoby Brissett at QB?

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b7wqk1b1krsumjpflkba

I’d expect at least 100 more reps on tape if Brissett were to play the final 5 games versus Fromme.

Edited by Ball Security

39 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Here's Chase:

image.thumb.png.1dc45437049595a29d1a320f6f1ba8aa.png

Fuller: image.thumb.png.252c5ea73d0ed6545587cf0e462b3185.png

Samuel (whose void year makes the dead cap baked in trade or not):

image.thumb.png.e18c56328bd7c3a8b0734532f99f3fd6.png

And Brissett:

image.thumb.png.13ea936abdfa694a2866aa58e7158d59.png

And for completeness' sake, here's Gibson:

image.thumb.png.7f14929e3b118008ef6b151ff7e64e6b.png

Now that you've had a chance to take all that in, kindly do the needful:

The Dunce Cap Wasn't Always So Stupid - Atlas Obscura

The photo was not needed. Your point was (well) made before that.

15 minutes ago, Conn said:

(edited quote)

I struggle to whip up a family-friendly sentence to describe how they feel towards people who are loudly, confidently wrong while being arrogant. 

Perhaps I could be of service  👹

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1