Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

6 hours ago, RWJ said:

If Washington is smart, they cut Logan Thomas and save money on cap for this year and next.  He's talented but an injury concern. They also need to look at trading Chase too. JMO. Chase it talented but IMO will be a bust and has been since year 2.  Can't give him away but if we get a 2nd and change, do it!  We can see where his patern and Logan's is leading too.  Be proactive, Washington mgmt.!  

So now that we're past the 1st preseason game, who's going to be our starting TE? The blocker who can't catch, 2nd year TE who has 2 catches in his career, or the street free agent that had to find a new job after the 1st preseason game?

I'm sure whoever it is will be a good choice for a QB who will start the season making the 2nd start of his career.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb up 2

15 hours ago, NickyJ said:

So now that we're past the 1st preseason game, who's going to be our starting TE? The blocker who can't catch, 2nd year TE who has 2 catches in his career, or the street free agent that had to find a new job after the 1st preseason game?

I'm sure whoever it is will be a good choice for a QB who will start the season making the 2nd start of his career.

I think it will be Quan Martin, the 5th safety we took in the 2nd round (even though we had 4 really good ones) while in one of the deepest TE classes in recent history. Because according to riverboat... its all about position flex!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, oraphus said:

I think it will be Quan Martin, the 5th safety we took in the 2nd round (even though we had 4 really good ones) while in one of the deepest TE classes in recent history. Because according to riverboat... its all about position flex!

Putting the brain in brain trust.

Untitled.png

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10. Dalton Risner - Risner has been a solid to above average starter every year of his four-year career, missing just four games over that span. He is a little stiff and labored in his redirect skills while not being overly powerful but is also efficient in his movements and smart, resulting in good play speed. Risner plays with excellent competitive toughness and is alert, rarely being fooled by games, stunts and post-snap movement. He is still unsigned as of this writing with a visit to Minnesota last week. He has the opportunity to upgrade a few spots at left guard, most notably Miami, Arizona and Washington.

Speaking of all our safeties, and it seems we have 4 good very athletic ones and maybe more.. Is there some team with 4 good young tackles and a void at safety??? 

I love our safeties, I think Quan is going to be a real player, but so is percy butler, Derrick Forrest and Christian Holmes... Sigh

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Spoiler no Washington player makes the top 15 at any spot. Then there is this.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

10. Dalton Risner - Risner has been a solid to above average starter every year of his four-year career, missing just four games over that span. He is a little stiff and labored in his redirect skills while not being overly powerful but is also efficient in his movements and smart, resulting in good play speed. Risner plays with excellent competitive toughness and is alert, rarely being fooled by games, stunts and post-snap movement. He is still unsigned as of this writing with a visit to Minnesota last week. He has the opportunity to upgrade a few spots at left guard, most notably Miami, Arizona and Washington.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Spoiler no Washington player makes the top 15 at any spot. Then there is this.

And yet no NFL team really went after him. There has to be something there.  Sean Payton has always been big into reinforcing the OL.  He always paid (and drafted) guards high.  Yet, Denver made no attempt to resign Risner.  My guess is that there are injury issues. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

And yet no NFL team really went after him. There has to be something there.  Sean Payton has always been big into reinforcing the OL.  He always paid (and drafted) guards high.  Yet, Denver made no attempt to resign Risner.  My guess is that there are injury issues. 

It's really odd.  

Either there's injuries or something else going on which people in the NFL know but has not been reported.  

But you'd think somebody would sign him to a prove it deal.  

Something is not right in Denmark.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It's really odd.  

Either there's injuries or something else going on which people in the NFL know but has not been reported.  

But you'd think somebody would sign him to a prove it deal.  

Something is not right in Denmark.

Agreed. We’ve talked about this a bit over the last few weeks, there has to be something here we just don’t know.

Could be anything.  Maybe he's going to get popped for gambling or PEDs.  Maybe he is slow playing his own free agency to try and skip a training camp.  Most likely he is hurt though.  Agreed about how Denver letting him walk is a really bad sign, and makes him look like he is damaged goods.

14 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

May be an image of 1 person, playing football, football helmet and text that says '49ers fans watching the QB they drafted 3rd overall struggle to beat Sam Darnold for QB2 IG/CANADIANCUTLER'

I know sometimes guys just don't work out but the trey lance situation just feels odd.

Shanahan has a reputation as being an almost whisperer when it comes to the quarterback position and he traded the world to move up and get this guy and before his career has even started it feels like it may be coming to an end.

I mean there's whiffs and then there's whiffs, this gut seems to be one of the biggest whiffs ever.

But then again maybe time will fix his flaws.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

I know sometimes guys just don't work out but the trey lance situation just feels odd.

Shanahan has a reputation as being an almost whisperer when it comes to the quarterback position and he traded the world to move up and get this guy and before his career has even started it feels like it may be coming to an end.

I mean there's whiffs and then there's whiffs, this gut seems to be one of the biggest whiffs ever.

I legit believe Shanahan wanted Mac Jones but got talked out of it by his FO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

Three #1s and a #3.  Awful, AWFUL trade.  Also weird if Darnold and Daniel Jones claw their way up to, respectively, below average and average after all these years.  But at least no picks were traded to draft them.  Anyways, I'm happy with the Howell pick and hope we can keep him from being Ramseyed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

And Kyle lived through the RG3 trade first hand didn't he? Woofta

Allegedly, it was Jon Lynch's choice to trade up to get Trey Lance.  Shanahan actually wanted Mac Jones.  I know most NFL fans don't think much of Mac Jones, but I actually think that he can be a pretty good game manager, if he's in the right offensive system.  In NE, he's had NO weapons, and he had a DC calling plays for him as an OC last year, which is unbelievable and unprecedented.  I'm not sure if Bellichick was trolling the rest of the NFL, but every NFL fan and every pundit predicted the disaster the NE offense would be last year with Matt Patricia calling plays.  NE still doesn't have an adequate set of skilled playmakers for Jones going into his third season.  If Mac Jones was drafted to the Niners, they would've kept all of their picks, and they might have gone to and won the SB with Jones as QB.  Mac would've been a better QB than Jimmy G in 2021, when the Niners lost to the Rams in the NFC Championship game, and he DEFINITELY would've been a better option at QB last season.  If Jones is QB, they might have beaten the Eagles in the NFC Championship game.  People forget that the Eagles weren't that great to start that game, and it was still a competitive game late into the 2nd Q with Josh Johnson as QB.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1