Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Not seeing anything where players get suspended or released from a team for speeding. As unfortunate as it is, he was not responsible for someone dying.

Maybe some feel all “exteme” speeders should be penalized much more harshly and laws to support that, but not how it works it seems. 

If that woman died because they were racing, he absolutely owns some responsibility. Morally, not here to make an argument legally. 

16 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Raiders cut TE OJ Howard.

Dirt cheap if they wan him. He signed w/ Vegas this year so he gets to keep his signing bonus and he was only 1.2 Mil.

You have to wonder why Vegas cut him tho. I'd need to know more about that first, but gotta love the cost nothing price.

He is an odd player.  Coming out of a college, he was a decent blocker as a TE by college standards and was a good athlete so there was an assumption even if he lacked polish as a pass catcher he would develop into a good one over time.   I think he was considered to have a high floor because he had the tools to be a decent blocker and has shown some talent at doing that in college, so the feel was even if he busts he'll likely be an okay blocker who is a meh route runner but due to his athleticism occasionally makes a big play as a pass catcher.  Instead, he really has shown very little development in the NFL as either a blocker or pass catcher.  His actual outcome is kind of worse than the realistic worst case scenario people thought he had when he was drafted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hope it’s just camp hype but tracking a bunch of reporters who cover the Giants they give the vibe that they fixed their passing game weapons issue  with supposedly Waller, Campbell and Hyatt having big camps 

Hyatt was very high on my draft want-list.

In an effort to booster their OL the Commanders have signd a corner back from Arizona (Jace Whittaker) while releasing OL guard on saturday (Sutherland). :ols:

I get it, camp bodies etc. Just found it amusing.

Edited by Chris 44

On 8/2/2023 at 10:30 AM, philibusters said:

He is an odd player.  Coming out of a college, he was a decent blocker as a TE by college standards and was a good athlete so there was an assumption even if he lacked polish as a pass catcher he would develop into a good one over time.   I think he was considered to have a high floor because he had the tools to be a decent blocker and has shown some talent at doing that in college, so the feel was even if he busts he'll likely be an okay blocker who is a meh route runner but due to his athleticism occasionally makes a big play as a pass catcher.  Instead, he really has shown very little development in the NFL as either a blocker or pass catcher.  His actual outcome is kind of worse than the realistic worst case scenario people thought he had when he was drafted.

Wonder what Bieniemy thinks of OJ Howard? 

5 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Should we sign Zeke? Lol. I'm not a fan of his but I'm sure he'd be excited to stick it to the Cowboys atleast twice a season! He doesn't have explosiveness and speed anymore but he can run hard between the tackles. A good rb for within the 5 yard line. I know, this is an absurd possibility...or is it?

I wish I had more hands, so I could give this post 4 thumbs down.

Zeke is washed. You could literally hire anyone to plow forward for 3 yards and fall down.

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Interesting strategy, to sign players with potential at positions where you need help and competition. 

Myles Jack is washed - I saw this story and my immediate thought was the Eagles must have real issues at backer. Real head scratcher. 

• Like 1

If Washington is smart, they cut Logan Thomas and save money on cap for this year and next.  He's talented but an injury concern. They also need to look at trading Chase too. JMO. Chase it talented but IMO will be a bust and has been since year 2.  Can't give him away but if we get a 2nd and change, do it!  We can see where his patern and Logan's is leading too.  Be proactive, Washington mgmt.!  

20 minutes ago, RWJ said:

If Washington is smart, they cut Logan Thomas and save money on cap for this year and next.  He's talented but an injury concern. They also need to look at trading Chase too. JMO. Chase it talented but IMO will be a bust and has been since year 2.  Can't give him away but if we get a 2nd and change, do it!  We can see where his patern and Logan's is leading too.  Be proactive, Washington mgmt.!  

No. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Hell to the no.  Hard pass please, thank you.  

This JUST meets the ‘more than no’ instruction. Sometimes being a MOD on here is like trying to deal with my kids - they technically do what I tell them to do while somehow still doing what they want anyway …

Let’s move on from this please. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

I would do this, because I’m mostly already on to the inevitable FO changes next offseason brings—with this season being just a cherry on top. Rivera is fighting for his life though, so he’ll never do this. 

Doubt we could even get a 2nd for Young at this stage anyways. 

But yeah if your scenario was real, I’d just pull the trigger and wish Rivera the best of luck with what he’s got left. 

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

With Thomas, the smarter play would seem to wait til cut downs and see where everyone is at. TE is thin and I don't think they want to cut someone that they might need, and Thomas isn't exactly super expensive or anything.

With Chase Young, not sure anyone would give what you'd want. Plus it's definitely selling low. If Young just sucks, then low is better than nothing. But if Young is semi-decent, you could probably get more at the trade deadline.

When your at this point in the off season, you cant have an injury prone and unproductive position group and decide to make them even less productive and drop a body.

We don't have enough behind Logan to really consider letting him go, even if he is expensive and unreliable. You'd be down to virtually nothing at TE.

Earlier in the offseason, where you could work in replacements, even on the cheap, sure... but not now.

Sign some deep depth insurance so we can survive the likely possibility that we lose someone in preseason, and pray to the gods that these guys stay healthy and produce more than the virtual nothing from last year. The ship has sailed on reworking this unit this year, we gotta live w/ what we got, even if its not a lot.

I'm still gonna grumble about not liking this TE group tho.

• Like 1