Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Draft, most likely. A Guard/Center in the middle rounds. We could use the upgrade at LG as well. Maybe we opt to go that route in the 1st round versus a Tackle. Brings Peter Skoronski into play if he's there at #16 or O'Cyrus Torrence in a trade-back. 

Leno - Skoronski - Gates - Cosmi - Wylie potentially our starting lineup in that scenario. With a mid-round center added to compete for depth at G and C. 

This staff is probably okay riding with Norwell and Paul at LG though. Not ideal, but if that's the "weak link" on the line that's better than what we had last year. 

Another cheap flier at LB, perhaps? He's just 27. I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Bush or Jack, both young and with talent. 

Guess that's why the Steelers picked up Holcomb

Edited by Chris 44

8 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I read somewhere that Paul came on at the end of the year, really dominating in practice. DL was impressed with him. If they don’t upgrade in the draft he could win the job in camp.

We haven't heard much about LG ... letting Norwell and Paul compete at that spot might be the current plan. In theory, without adding any draft picks, our OL could be set. I just can't see them passing on a top OT if one is there to pick. Could be our swing Tackle this year (replacing Lucas) and slide to LT in 2024. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Draft, most likely. A Guard/Center in the middle rounds. We could use the upgrade at LG as well. Maybe we opt to go that route in the 1st round versus a Tackle. Brings Peter Skoronski into play if he's there at #16 or O'Cyrus Torrence in a trade-back. 

Leno - Skoronski - Gates - Cosmi - Wylie potentially our starting lineup in that scenario. With a mid-round center added to compete for depth at G and C. 

There's been a lot of buzz on Torrence being the best pure guard in the draft.  Would love to trade back a little and get either Torrence or OT Harrison plus get another pick which we could add depth or hell ship it to SD for Ekeler.  

6 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Steelers just cut Myles Jack… they stole Holcomb, let’s make it happen!!!! Add Gesicki as well and then I’m good with CB in the 1st 

Not sure about Jack

"Though Jack offered some stability at the linebacker position, he wasn’t as good as many fans anticipated. This shouldn’t have been a shocker, as the veteran linebacker really struggled for Jacksonville in 2021 prior to his release last offseason.

For Pittsburgh, Jack had some strong games, but the overall sample of play was rather underwhelming. In 15 games, Jack racked up 104 total tackles, but his splash plays were few and far between. The seven-year veteran didn’t record a single interception, forced fumble, fumble recovery or sack while chipping in just 3 passes defended all season"

2 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Not sure about Jack

"Though Jack offered some stability at the linebacker position, he wasn’t as good as many fans anticipated. This shouldn’t have been a shocker, as the veteran linebacker really struggled for Jacksonville in 2021 prior to his release last offseason.

For Pittsburgh, Jack had some strong games, but the overall sample of play was rather underwhelming. In 15 games, Jack racked up 104 total tackles, but his splash plays were few and far between. The seven-year veteran didn’t record a single interception, forced fumble, fumble recovery or sack while chipping in just 3 passes defended all season"

Good info....nice hustle.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Steelers just cut Myles Jack… they stole Holcomb, let’s make it happen!!!! Add Gesicki as well and then I’m good with CB in the 1st 

Linebackers.gif

4 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Not sure about Jack

Made too much for that production. But I'd take him cheaper. ****, has anyone used him as a short yardage back in the NFL too?

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

This staff is probably okay riding with Norwell and Paul at LG though. Not ideal, but if that's the "weak link" on the line that's better than what we had last year. 

Another cheap flier at LB, perhaps? He's just 27. I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Bush or Jack, both young and with talent. 

Pitt has really failed at the ILB position in recent years with Bush, Schobert, Spillane and Jack

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

Not sure about Jack

Thinking he had some injury issues also

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Damn Giants get a good WR with a ton of potential there.

Meh. One decent year out of his four and even then he averaged under 10 yards per reception. He'd be the fourth receiver here.

He does have speed though (which make's you wonder why he has such a low per reception average). 

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Meh. One decent year out of his four and even then he averaged under 10 yards per reception. He'd be the fourth receiver here.

He does have speed though (which make's you wonder why he has such a low per reception average). 

Was Wentz his QB? LOL

Well I did mention voidable years earlier. So Payne’s deal has one. Ideal really to get the SB spread over the max 5 years. Wound not be shocked if other deal have them added too. 

We may have been the first to do that with DJax many years ago.

Oh, and I might as well say it again, can we sign Mecole Hardman please.

14 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Yep can’t disagree. 3 injury marred years I think. There is a player in there I’d say. If it’s a low cost deal it’s worth the punt IMO.

• Like 1