Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Yep we’re bringing in versatile players. Drafting a OT still seems on the agenda to me.

Drafting an OT would still be a great move. No pressure to come in and start right away, but also building long-term, presumably at LT, if you think Wylie or Cosmi is long-term locked in at RT (or RG)

3 hours ago, FrFan said:

In 2021 he got a Concussion, Back Lower Lumbar Sprain/Pull, Pedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2,

In 2022 he got : Knee PCL Sprain Grade 2 forcing him to miss 6 games including wild card

He has only 1 playoffs win in 4 seasons (despite 10-6, 10-7, 14-2 and 11-5 seasons)

He turned down a five-year contract extension offer from the Ravens worth $250 million, with $133 million fully guaranteed !!! :stop:

I believe he is not worth what he is seeking for and moreover it will cost a couple of firsts and a second to trade for him. He can stay with the Ravens.

If sone team give Lamar his fully guaranteed deal; they will regret it probably a couple of years after doing it.

If Dan wasn’t selling; this would be type of move he would do.

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim strikes again, wonder if Will Hernandez is in play too.  3 O lineman would take a ton of pressure off the draft.  I still think they take O lineman in the draft but it makes it less do or die to take multiple lineman

Which was always the smart way to go about this. Plus the guys we are signing have position flexibility, Wylie has played G and T, Gates C and G.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

I'm a bit surprised at all the stories of Cosmi to RG and now we seemingly sign a RT and want to move HIM to RG

Wylie has played G and T. Cosmi could play either spot as well. Its good to have flexibility with guys who can play multiple spots - especially as its still possible/likely we could add an OL in the first or second round of the draft which might influence where you want guys to slot in.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Which was always the smart way to go about this. Plus the guys we are signing have position flexibility, Wylie has played G and T, Gates C and G.

Hell one write up said that Gates actually spent time at Tackle when the need arose.   Starter at C and then RG.  Nice to have that flexibility ala Schweitzer.  Just hope we find his best spot and play him there.

12 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

The plan now is just to expect mass injuries across the O-line and just roll out a bunch of swiss army knives

Daniel Jeremiah recently was talking about how some of the better teams in recent years were helped by having position flex players on the O line that enabled them to survive injuries.

Masko was hailed as a genius until the bottom came out last year.  Schweitzer was better here than elsewhere, Flowers, Leno, maybe Larsen, too.  So I'll trust that they know what they are doing.

Also I like the idea of going hard in both FA and the draft at that spot -- that according to the beat guys especially Keim is their plan.  All hands on deck at the O line.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Just now, KillBill26 said:

Love the OL signings.   Hope this doesn't lead to us cutting Lucas.  We have depth at bargain prices, why ruin that?

Leno - Wylie - Lucas - Charles - DRAFT PICK?

You aren't keeping 5 tackles. Even if 2 of them can also play Guard. But I guess we'll see. 

Usually you keep 9, maybe 10 OL. If we draft 1-2, some guys are gonna need to go. 

1 minute ago, “Misdirection” said:

As we’ve witnessed for years, you’re only as good as your weakest link on OL. Having a bunch of average guys that can play multiple spots is very smart roster construction IMO. I’d rather have a deep group than a top heavy group.

True - but we do still need to add some young quality to the group - its still very much open to us drafting OL early depending how the board falls - we just don't HAVE to do that now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Leno - Wylie - Lucas - Charles - DRAFT PICK?

You aren't keeping 5 tackles. Even if 2 of them can also play Guard. But I guess we'll see. 

Usually you keep 9, maybe 10 OL. If we draft 1-2, some guys are gonna need to go. 

We don’t need to worry about all that just yet.