Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Actions speak louder than words, RR and Co.  So far your actions stink! Except for Payne which I wasn't on board with totally but better than signing Johnson who's been released a couple of times. 

Edited by RWJ

Just now, Rex Tomb said:

Other teams making moves... we're signing our guys for depth like we have key pieces on the o-line in place already.  Unfortunate.

Because making splashy signings on the first day of FA has led us to so much success in the past....

• Thanks 1

In all the "49ers are so smart they traded away Buckner and drafted his replacement, that's what smart FOs do" bull****, it gets lost that the drafted replacement stinks and now they've had to over pay for Hargraves. So, I guess we can put that all to rest.

Keeping Payne is awesome. Now we need to get another LBer and a DB like Ward and our D will be as good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rex Tomb said:

Other teams making moves... we're signing our guys for depth like we have key pieces on the o-line in place already.  Unfortunate.

Dont expect a signing outside the current roster until this evening at the earliest. More likely tomorrow or Wednesday.

Just now, RWJ said:

Actions speak louder than words, RR and Co.  

I am not worried about them not spending the first thing on day 1, day 1 signings are often the worst.   Don't overpay especially with the LB market.

Last year Wentz consumed most of their budget.  This year they don't have the same hurdle.  Keim hasn't let me down yet, he expects signings so i do as well. 

This team sucks as a destination spot, Rivera's integrity-reputation is a major FA asset to offset this organization's baggage, the main asset according to agents interviewed for a story by Standig i posted months back. 

• Thumb up 2

I hope we aren’t done at CB…a lot of talent out there. 

I’ll be disappointed if we don’t sign C, G, ILB, and CB in FA. It doesn’t even have to be big names but we need competition there.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

In all the "49ers are so smart they traded away Buckner and drafted his replacement, that's what smart FOs do" bull****, it gets lost that the drafted replacement stinks and now they've had to over pay for Hargraves. So, I guess we can put that all to rest.

Keeping Payne is awesome. Now we need to get another LBer and a DB like Ward and our D will be as good.

Yeah, it makes sense to resign guys that you know for your system, and good locker room guys (or at least not malcontents), hard workers, and have proven to be top 5 players at their position. Cap keeps going up and LTDs spread out the money. Franchise tags are dumb. I love it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

resigning Payne is a good start to FA.  And for those panicking about them not signing dudes, I seriously doubt they cleared 9 million in cap room for this off season in that deal for no reason.

Bringing back Danny Johnson is good one too, minor deal but he was good depth last year.

Finlay speculated he's the new Schweitzer, utility infielder, plays center, guard

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

They are going to lose a lot more if they do sign him to a 250 mil g contract.  They will use the comp picks to retool and move on and draft what ever they lose this year.

Player yes lockerroom no

12 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Actions speak louder than words, RR and Co.  So far your actions stink! Except for Payne which I wasn't on board with totally but better than signing Johnson who's been released a couple of times. 

Johnson has shown ti be a good nickel CB

I doubt that's a good sign for Roulliers come back. That's unfortunate. 

Gates signed with the New York Giants as an undrafted free agent on May 11, 2018.[7] He spent his rookie season on injured reserve.[8]

The Giants gave Gates a two-year, $6.825 million contract extension on August 1, 2020.[9] In the 2020 season, Gates started at center where he did not allow a sack.[10] On September 6, 2021, the Giants announced Gates as a captain for the 2021 season.[11]

On September 16, 2021, Gates suffered a season-ending lower-leg fracture in the first quarter of the Thursday Night Football game against the Washington Football Team. He underwent surgery the next day.[12][13] Gates had seven surgeries to repair both his broken tibia and fibula in his left leg.[14]

On August 23, 2022, Gates was placed on the reserve/PUP list to start the season.[15] On October 26, 2022, Gates was activated from the PUP list.[16]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Gates_(American_football)

Alright, I am really liking this signing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This team sucks as a destination spot, Rivera's integrity-reputation is a major FA asset to offset this organization's baggage, the main asset according to agents interviewed for a story by Standig i posted months back. 

Exactly, which is why so many of our signings were guys already familiar with Ron, at least knowing the type of guy Ron is helps off set some of the organizational disfunction.

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Its really annoying that Florio's math checks out and he can keep saying stuff like that.

If you give Lamar a fully G deal, he may not care about getting a large signing bonus. You could see something as low as Josh Allen's 16M. Then Dan gets to walk away only 16M in on a colossal 250 Mil deal. You don't even need fat pockets to pull it off.

Dan is not personally writing the check in either scenario - the team is. And the teams finances move to the new ownership either way.