Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I feel like an accusation made against your own party should at least warrant a look.

Oh, there should be an investigation.  I don't think there will be one performed by their own party because they don't want to dig up dirt on themselves (I don't think they actually care about the national security implications as much as how bad it would make them look publicly).  Not sure what other kind of independent investigation can be done unless the FBI and DOJ are involved (and I wouldn't object to that, but would expect them to require more info before initiating an investigation).

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

@TheGreatBuzz

Probably because it's not actually true.  Members of Congress live absolutely public and busy lives (at least while they are in Congress).  Someone would truly know something.  Also, didn't this guy vote KMcCarthy out?  

Besides... Russians can now directly influence our reps via dark money.  Thanks SCOTUS!

4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I feel like an accusation made against your own party should at least warrant a look.

Not if you're a Republican. The fact that you didn't conceal the information proves that you are Not One Of Us. And therefore anything you say should be treated like - anything else you don't want to hear. 

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm siding with Chick-fil-A here. I don’t think they should be able to force them to work on Sundays. Seems like an overreach.

Even when you've been granted a semi-monopoly (there's a pun there) to feed travelers on the interstate?  

Although, while I think the state has a point, I think I'd side with Cfa,  too. If the contract required 24-7 service, it would be different. My argument would be that if the business is allowed to pick their hours, then they're allowed to pick their days, too. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Chik isn't that good, it's like white people suddenly realized fried chicken is good and lost their minds.

They don't even sell real fried chicken tho. Just patties n tenders n such. It's essentially a kids menu. 🤣

Bojangles has real fried chickens n I just timed it the rights picking up a 8 piece meal deal. Delicious!

5d24e4c611fb6.image__36613.1591036843.jpg.fb59eb69ea6dcc888f001dc8051937e5.jpg

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm siding with Chick-fil-A here. I don’t think they should be able to force them to work on Sundays. Seems like an overreach.

I am siding with NY. Rest stop Centers are open 7 days a week and the businesses that are allowed to operate there should be open 7 days a week. Chick-Fik-A shouldn’t be allowed in travel centers in NY since they are a 6 day a week business. A lot of these travel centers are on toll roads; so everything should be open 7 days a week.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I am siding with NY. Rest stop Centers are open 7 days a week and the businesses that are allowed to operate there should be open 7 days a week. Chick-Fik-A shouldn’t be allowed in travel centers in NY since they are a 6 day a week business. A lot of these travel centers are on toll roads; so everything should be open 7 days a week.

Then NY should have made that a requirement in the contract/license whatever to open a restaurant there.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

The easy solution is sub leasing that space to a once a week something that sells food to travels. Also, to be able to set up there in the first place, The 7 days a week open should have been a requirement. If I have my way, I'd have the classics in travel Plazas. From McDonald's to Long John Silvers to Sbarros. Deliciousness shouldn't been denied to the weary traveler. 

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

The easy solution is sub leasing that space to a once a week something that sells food to travels. Also, to be able to set up there in the first place, The 7 days a week open should have been a requirement. If I have my way, I'd have the classics in travel Plazas. From McDonald's to Long John Silvers to Sbarros. Deliciousness shouldn't been denied to the weary traveler. 

Im not sure how easy it would be to find a food service business that’s willing to only operate one day a week on the toll roads…especially if they are sharing space and appliances/ storage/ equipment/ etc. That could easily lead to a ****load of problems. As well as, how profitable would it be for that company to only operate one day on the toll roads? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Is Ron getting fired for that too? Just asking for a friend. 

HTTR!

• Haha 1

I agree that the contracts should spell out in "shalls" for days and hours open. For every business. 

If the current contracts don't states these requirements, it's not the fault of the business for making their own decisions for requirements. Either renegotiate the current contracts or live with it until the contract expires.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Slipknot, Korn, Smashing Pumpkins and Nickelback named in US Senator's report on wasteful government spending

Slipknot, Korn, Smashing Pumpkins and Nickelback have been named in a US Senator's report highlighting wasteful government spending.

1f0970ced60ca6c0550ca8be1dbfa1d8

Senator Rand Paul, a Republican representing Kentucky, has released his annual 'Festivus Report' – a breakdown of what he considers to be the US federal government's most wasteful spending in 2023.

Rand's latest report was released this week and namechecks some of the biggest acts in the music business, including a string of rock and metal big hitters.

In a section titled '$200million Ticket to Backstage', the report shines a light on financial relief distributed to gig venues and theatres during the Covid-19 pandemic.

The task of distributing some of the funds was handed to the Small Business Administration (SBA).

But according to the Festivus Report, the SBA distributed $200m to bands who were classed as "small business owners." Slipknot were awarded just under $10m, Smashing Pumpkins got $8.6m and Korn received $5.3m.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I'm glad we're supporting the arts. Much better than supporting politicians side projects with Covid money. 

FB_IMG_1661517079947.jpg

I'd be more impressed with that list, if it wasn't filtered to only show Republicans. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Larry said:

I'd be more impressed with that list, if it wasn't filtered to only show Republicans. 

I agree, there must be one with all Congresspersons listed.  I couldn't find the amounts forgiven, I'll keep looking.  Here's one link.

https://marketrealist.com/news/democrats-that-received-ppp-loans/

Which Democrats received PPP loans?

Republicans aren't the only ones that received PPP loans. Many Democrats (including their spouses) profited off PPP loans and benefited from the forgiveness too:

Senator Jeanne Shaheen
Rep. Matt Cartwright
Rep. Susie Lee
Speaker Nancy Pelosi
Rep. Debbie Mucarsel-Powell
Rep. Devin Nunes
Needless to say, the discussion surrounding student loan forgiveness has been beneficial in that voters are becoming aware of the hypocrisy of both political parties. Republicans made it clear early on that they don't support student loan forgiveness but many Democrats have challenged Biden on his plans for forgiveness. Democrat Tim Ryan said, "Instead of forgiving student loans for six-figure earners, we should be working to level the playing field for all Americans..."

Here's another article in paragraph form.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/09/firms-tied-to-democratic-reps-their-spouses-got-millions-in-ppp-loans/

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1