Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

4 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Bet he wins his primary. Lauren is done, no matter what district she runs in.

I don't think Mt. Rushmore dude will win the primary lol, but you're most likely right about Boebert being done.

I wonder if the party higher-ups had a talk with Boebert behind the scenes and told her to do this.

• Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I don't think Mt. Rushmore dude will win the primary lol, but you're most likely right about Boebert being done.

I wonder if the party higher-ups had a talk with Boebert behind the scenes and told her to do this.

I don't get the sense she would listen to them if they told her to do anything. Feels like a hail mary to stay in congress. We'll see if the district she's going for now is "conservative" or just looking for a lunatic who will spout the next MAGA bumper sticker. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, @DCGoldPants said:

I don't get the sense she would listen to them if they told her to do anything. Feels like a hail mary to stay in congress. We'll see if the district she's going for now is "conservative" or just looking for a lunatic who will spout the next MAGA bumper sticker. 

Yeah, that was my original thought, too...but while writing that post the thought suddenly occurred to me about the behind-the-scenes scenario lol...so I included it.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

51 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Yeah, that was my original thought, too...but while writing that post the thought suddenly occurred to me about the behind-the-scenes scenario lol...so I included it.

I imagine she has visions of making money from Newsmax hits and "speaking" tours for her new book ghostwritten by Jacob Wohl. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

31 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I imagine she has visions of making money from Newsmax hits and "speaking" tours for her new book ghostwritten by Jacob Wohl. 

Something tells me her book won't do any better than MTG's or Gaetz' books have done, which is abysmal...Liz Cheney's book sales has smoked both Greene and Gaetz's sales totals with insane ease, even if you combine their sales and multiply by 100 lol.

• Thumb up 2

Would like to know how many government spending bills Chip Roy voted for. 

Pretty impressive how they got this done.  The heavy lift is to get it passed, but getting rid of the $60B "backroom deals" is a win for the GOP. 

My opinion is that Ukraine-Border-Israel get seperate negotiations... but I haven't seen the recent status. 

... and my prediction of "a not really real shutdown threat in FY24 continues."  The debt limit deal top line numbers were actually successful.  

Yes, the GOP would like more cuts.  They will have to wait until they get President not named Trump to implement.  They missed their chance to really demonstrate fiscal responsible party with Trump. 

28 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Would like to know how many government spending bills Chip Roy voted for. 

Pretty impressive how they got this done.  The heavy lift is to get it passed, but getting rid of the $60B "backroom deals" is a win for the GOP. 

My opinion is that Ukraine-Border-Israel get seperate negotiations... but I haven't seen the recent status. 

... and my prediction of "a not really real shutdown threat in FY24 continues."  The debt limit deal top line numbers were actually successful.  

Yes, the GOP would like more cuts.  They will have to wait until they get President not named Trump to implement.  They missed their chance to really demonstrate fiscal responsible party with Trump. 

They were too interested in cutting taxes on the wealthy and corporations to do anything else, the weasels.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-lauren-boebert-incident-under-212528750.html

Rep. Lauren Boebert incident under "active investigation," police say

"The Daily Beast reported Sunday that the Colorado Republican is the subject of an investigation into "an alleged physical altercation with her ex-husband," which the outlet said occurred at a restaurant in Boebert's district on Saturday. Silt Police Chief Mike Kite confirmed to CBS News that an "active investigation" was underway, though no further information was provided.

In a statement to CBS News, Boebert denied the allegations circulated on social media that she punched Jayson Boebert in the face, calling it a "sad situation."

pabst.jpg.99a33414c55a8343a788f7a44056624b.jpg

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Fergasun said:

With Trump. 

Bush. 

Bush. 

Reagan. 

Nixon. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2