Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

Anyone Jeffries mentions by name is DOA. Maybe he should mention Jordan as someone he's talked with and looks forward to hearing more. Make Jordan claim it's a lie. Then respond with, nothing is formal yet. But there MIGHT be something possible. 

Just make it sound like Jordan is trying to cut deals with Dems behind MAGA backs

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Congressman’s Wife Receives Anonymous Texts Warning Husband to Vote For Jim Jordan: ‘Will Not Hold Any Political Office Ever Again’

The wife of Rep. Don Bacon (R-NE) reportedly received anonymous text messages and emails warning her husband to back Rep. Jim Jordan’s (R-OH) House speakership campaign ahead of Tuesday’s vote.

“Jim’s been nice, one-on-one, but his broader team has been playing hardball,” said Bacon in an interview with Politico.

Bacon — who was one of 20 Republicans who voted against Jordan for speaker — also told the news outlet that his wife had received “multiple anonymous emails and texts” pressuring him to vote for Jordan.

Politico reporter Olivia Beavers shared several screenshots of the text messages sent to Bacon’s wife from anonymous senders who refused to identify themselves.

“Why is your husband causing chaos by not supporting Jim Jordan? I thought he was a team player,” read one text, to which Bacon’s wife responded, “Who is this???”

The anonymous sender then warned, “Your husband will not hold any political office ever again. What a disappoint [sic] and failure he is.”

Click on the link for the full article

The most underreported thing here is when did Gaetz and Jordan hatch this plot.  And who else knew.  I don't believe this came out of nowhere.  I don't believe Gaetz just did this on his own. Gaetz was the face of this.  Much like Luke nodding to R2-D2 right before he escapes and blows up Jabba the Hutt's barge... at a minimum Jordan and Gaetz colluded on this. 

And I think the other Republicans have figured this out.  

Remember, after McCarthy was ousted - Scalise won the speaker-elect vote.  So perhaps the Jordan group thought it would just go directly to Gym.  We don't know why Scalise dropped.  The OSU allegations and Jim Jordan's texts are worse than spending at Capitol Grille.

Minimum this goes into the House Freedom Caucus.  Perhaps it also reaches into the Republican Study Committee.  I don't necessarily think it is a poor attempt at strategy.  They were probably pissed after the debt ceiling deal.