Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gun Related News/Control

Cooked Crack

i recall articles long ago about the chief at the time was a guy who designed the C&C structure to put final say and approval in the hands of someone at hq (maybe him?)

wrap your head around that one. The most important person the one making all the decisions, is a guy not even on scene. 

you know who does the opposite of that?

literally everyone else including our military. 

Like this

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/18/us/5-key-takeaways-uvalde-report-and-video/index.html

If they had recognized the situation as an active shooter scenario, they should have prioritized the “rescue of innocent victims over the precious time wasted in a search for door keys, and shields to enhance the safety of law enforcement responders,” the report states.

Of the 376 responders on scene, 149 were from the United States Border Patrol, 14 were from the Department of Homeland Security and 91 were from the Texas Department of Public Safety. The report did not state when officers from each responding agency arrived on scene.

The report also noted others could have assumed command.

Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training “teaches that any law enforcement officer can assume command, that somebody must assume command, and that an incident commander can transfer responsibility as an incident develops,” it says. 

“That did not happen at Robb Elementary, and the lack of effective incident command is a major factor that caused other vital measures to be left undone,” according to the report…

I’m willing to bet that report more or less nails the primary issues. 

4 hours ago, tshile said:

I would argue that the equipment they had is irrelevant. 

they were in a crisis with young children’s lives as risk and their job is literally to intervene in such a crisis. 

if all they had were toothpicks their job was to enter the room and end the massacre. 

Never said it wasn't (and they absolutely should have gone in with whatever they had), just pointing out that in the tweet China posted it stated that the shooter had an AR-15 and they didn't want to confront that type of fire power when they had equal/more fire power including ballistic shields.  

• Like 1

Parkland father Manuel Oliver after arrest over protest: ‘I represented my son and he has a voice’

Manuel Oliver, whose 17-year-old son Joaquin was among the 17 victims of the Parkland school shooting, was arrested for protesting during a hearing Thursday in Washington, D.C.

Oliver first used Twitter to protest. He wrote that it was “incredible” to watch “how Republicans decided” to attack the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Oliver wrote the lawmakers were doing so instead of addressing “America’s gun violence epidemic” and he accused them of serving “their role as Gun Industry’s little [expletive]!”

Oliver, who was with his wife Patricia Oliver, later stood up during the “ATF Overreach” U.S. House committee hearing and actually shouted at the Republican lawmakers, “You are full of [expletive] — all of you!”

A video from ABC News shows the grieving parents willingly walking out of the hearing room. Another video shows two U.S. Capitol police officers pinning Manuel Oliver on the ground in the hallway.

“Don’t abuse your power; let my husband go,” Patricia Oliver said before one of the officers moved to push her away with one arm and another loudly ordered her to “Back up!”

A video also shows Rep. Maxwell Alejandro Frost, D-Florida, intervening after he left the hearing room to tell the USCP officers that Manuel Oliver was one of the fathers who had lost a son during the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

“I think a lot of people were out of line before I said what I needed to say ... I don’t think I was out of line ... I represented my son and he has a voice through his mother and his father, and if you are asking me to stop doing that, then you are wasting your time,” Manuel Oliver said during a news conference after the USCP released him Thursday afternoon.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

Pro-Gun Tucker Carlson Pumps Brakes on Armed Transgender People

When it comes to transgender people arming themselves in light of the threat of harassment or attacks from hate groups, firearm advocate Tucker Carlson is skeptical, he made clear Thursday, insisting that doing so is “not the exercise of the Second Amendment” but rather “political hysteria.”

Carlson called attention to a recent NPR interview with gay and transgender people in New England who practice shooting as a self-defense measure. He then mocked the notion of white supremacist groups in that region, because, as he put it, “every state is blue.”

“Just to be clear: We are not against people—American citizens—carrying firearms,” Carlson continued. “We support it—including trans people. It’s fine. But what you’re watching here is not the exercise of the Second Amendment. What you’re watching here is political hysteria: fear ginned up on purpose with maximum dishonesty in order to get people in a state of agitation—armed people in a state of agitation. It doesn’t matter if they are trans or not, whatever that is.”

“It’s the same template always: scare the crap out of your voters, tell them that their lives are at risk, [and] encourage them to get guns,” said the Fox host, who once fretted that gun buybacks are “an incitement to violence” and would bring about “civil war.” “How do you think that ends?”

In the next breath, Carlson planted in his audience’s minds a scenario in which transgender people are armed not only with guns, but with F-35 fighter planes and tanks.

“You have to kind of wonder, like, what’s the limit to this?” he asked.

What you’re watching here is political hysteria: fear ginned up on purpose with maximum dishonesty in order to get people in a state of agitation—armed people in a state of agitation.

Taken out of context, this is an extremely accurate description of Tucker's show and Fox News' business model. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, China said:

Pro-Gun Tucker Carlson Pumps Brakes on Armed Transgender People

When it comes to transgender people arming themselves in light of the threat of harassment or attacks from hate groups, firearm advocate Tucker Carlson is skeptical, he made clear Thursday, insisting that doing so is “not the exercise of the Second Amendment” but rather “political hysteria.”

Carlson called attention to a recent NPR interview with gay and transgender people in New England who practice shooting as a self-defense measure. He then mocked the notion of white supremacist groups in that region, because, as he put it, “every state is blue.”

“Just to be clear: We are not against people—American citizens—carrying firearms,” Carlson continued. “We support it—including trans people. It’s fine. But what you’re watching here is not the exercise of the Second Amendment. What you’re watching here is political hysteria: fear ginned up on purpose with maximum dishonesty in order to get people in a state of agitation—armed people in a state of agitation. It doesn’t matter if they are trans or not, whatever that is.”

“It’s the same template always: scare the crap out of your voters, tell them that their lives are at risk, [and] encourage them to get guns,” said the Fox host, who once fretted that gun buybacks are “an incitement to violence” and would bring about “civil war.” “How do you think that ends?”

In the next breath, Carlson planted in his audience’s minds a scenario in which transgender people are armed not only with guns, but with F-35 fighter planes and tanks.

“You have to kind of wonder, like, what’s the limit to this?” he asked.

I guess we found one way to make Carlson pump the brakes on unfettered right to own firearms: get the libs to arm themselves.  

In some cities, organized groups of young people have swept through neighborhoods and areas around sports arenas, looking for weapons left under car seats or in unlocked center consoles or glove compartments. Their work is occasionally made easier by motorists who advertise their right to bear arms with car window stickers promoting favored gun brands, or that declare “molon labe” — a defiant message from ancient Sparta, which roughly translates as “come and take them.” 

Increasingly, thieves are doing just that. The Everytown researchers found that a decade ago, less than a quarter of all gun thefts were from cars; in 2020, over half of them were. The researchers say more study is needed to understand the shift, which has occurred as more states have adopted permitless carry laws and messages in gun-industry marketing have encouraged Americans to take their weapons with them for personal protection.

Dad wearing tactical vest takes gun into North Carolina elementary school, deputies say

A Raleigh man carrying a gun and wearing a tactical raid vest entered his child’s school in Johnston County on Friday morning, deputies said.

The incident happened just before 9:10 a.m. when Nathan James Bailey, 34, entered the Dixon Road Elementary School campus, according to a news release from Johnston County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Jeff Caldwell.

In addition to the gun and vest, Bailey was wearing a badge on the vest, the news release said.

thumbnail_Gun-Bailey-1.jpg?w=876

“School staff immediately recognized Mr. Bailey as a parent as he passed through the weapons detection system. Mr. Bailey was ordered by school staff to leave the building with the firearm,” Caldwell said in the release.

School workers immediately notified deputies about the matter.

Bailey was gone before deputies arrived at the campus, Caldwell said. Bailey later came to Johnston County Sheriff’s Office headquarters after he learned deputies wanted to speak with him.

Bailey was charged with felony possession of a firearm on educational property and misdemeanor impersonation of a law enforcement officer, the news release said.

Deputies seized the gun, tactical vest and badge, Caldwell said.

The badge appears to say “Private Investigator” on the front.

Bailey is currently being held in the Johnston County Jail under a $12,000 bond.

• Like 1

It's obvious politicians care more about the corporations and lobbyists than their voters. 

All the politicians, corporations and lobbyists have to do is brainwash 25% of the voters... and viola!  they can do what they want. 

That Jon Stewart exchange needs to happen in every election at every level.

If i were to bet - the best way forward on gun control is holding the manufacturers, guns dealers, and parents responsible when kids conduct mass shootings. 

I don’t really know how successful that can be or where lines will be drawn and I’d imagine overzealous prosecutors would likely go way over the line justifying huge backlash, and ultimately it’d fail, plus the scotus being stacked in favor of one side… but seems the most realistic opportunity 

Ie: they’ll support those laws when it starts saving them money 

State House votes to override gun bill veto

The legislature has overridden governor Roy Cooper’s veto of a bill to repeal the pistol purchase permit. It’s the first veto to be overridden since 2018.

North Carolina's House voted Wednesday to override the Democratic governor's first veto of the session on legislation to loosen gun restrictions.

The House voted to revive a package of gun access measures that would scrap a requirement that handgun buyers obtain a permit from their county sheriff.

• Thumb down 1

59 minutes ago, China said:

State House votes to override gun bill veto

The legislature has overridden governor Roy Cooper’s veto of a bill to repeal the pistol purchase permit. It’s the first veto to be overridden since 2018.

North Carolina's House voted Wednesday to override the Democratic governor's first veto of the session on legislation to loosen gun restrictions.

The House voted to revive a package of gun access measures that would scrap a requirement that handgun buyers obtain a permit from their county sheriff.

I know it's a step back, but the purchase permit process in NC was already very easy.  You fill out the paperwork, take it to the Sheriff's office, sign and get it notarized.  Wait a couple of weeks (if that), get approved, go back to the Sheriff's office and pick up your permits.  

What I don't like about removing the purchase permit process is that in NC you had to sign a form giving them your consent to unseal any court documents for them to confirm there was not any rulings that declared you mentally unstable to own/possess a firearm.  

The only other thing is the Sheriff's Department had the right to turn down permits if they thought you did not have "good moral character".  Not sure how many times they did that though and not really sure how I feel/felt about that in general.  

I'm at work watching instagram on my phone and this Ted Cruz suggests that we can curtail school violence by having more cops at the door. "Then the shooter would have never gotten in"

or how about this make it more hard for the shooter to get guns

people are an issue but it being too easy to get a gun is also an issue. 2A deserves serious review because people keep buying guns and slipping by background checks and killing others. The solution is to have less guns, not more guns.