Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gun Related News/Control

Cooked Crack

2 hours ago, bcl05 said:

There is one salty word, so viewer beware, but this is a good watch.  

My man doesn’t know what an anecdote is. 🫣

”Jon, did you hear about the 39 year old…”

”I don’t care about your anecdote.”

”It’s, uh, not an anecdote.”

5 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Can't drink but can go out, buy a gun, and shoot people you don't like.

Makes sense.

The age to buy long guns/rifles is 18 in most states.  Not that I agree with that though.  I believe the minimum age to purchase any semi-automatic weapons or handguns should be 21 and require purchase permits, registration, etc.  Now hunting rifles, shotguns used for skeet/trap shooting, I'm fine with 18 years old.

I can see why this kid wouldn't get charges. Age of jurisdiction is many states is 10. The chart on the link on the link below doesn't list Virginia. Not sure how I feel about it, but can see why he wouldn't get charged. It does open up a Pandora's box as to what kids under the age of 10 could be charged with. There probably does need to be legislation that outlines how serious a crime is to warrant a charge, but as of now he can't be. 

https://www.njjn.org/our-work/raising-the-minimum-age-for-prosecuting-children

Biden on gun control: ‘Do something, do something big’

The grief is still suffocating, the anger still visceral, President Joe Biden said Tuesday, in this suburban Los Angeles community where a gunman stormed a dance hall and killed 11 in January. He announced fresh federal measures to curb gun violence but emotionally declared there must be more.

“Do something. Do something big,” he implored.

“I’m determined to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines,” Biden told the families of some of the victims who were in the audience for his remarks, along with the 26-year-old who wrestled the semiautomatic pistol away from the gunman.

Biden’s rhetoric has grown ever stronger about guns — he routinely calls for banning assault weapons — in pushing a gun-control platform even tougher than during the Obama administration when he was vice president. He has been emboldened by the midterm elections when his regular talk of gun control didn’t result in massive Democratic losses, and he’s expected to continue to argue for strong changes as he moves toward a 2024 reelection run, his aides say.

Click on the link for the full article

aint-nothing-gonna-happen-nothing-happen

On 3/9/2023 at 8:58 AM, Busch1724 said:

I can see why this kid wouldn't get charges. Age of jurisdiction is many states is 10. The chart on the link on the link below doesn't list Virginia. Not sure how I feel about it, but can see why he wouldn't get charged. It does open up a Pandora's box as to what kids under the age of 10 could be charged with. There probably does need to be legislation that outlines how serious a crime is to warrant a charge, but as of now he can't be. 

https://www.njjn.org/our-work/raising-the-minimum-age-for-prosecuting-children

A 6 year walking around with a gun is a parenting issue - as in you own guns with children and clearly aren’t doing something right. 

i don’t know exactly where the line would be but somewhere around 13-18 and under, charging them with a crime is likely counterproductive anyways. Unless it’s just a legit bad kid and they do exist unfortunately. 

the parents should be charged for the crime + whatever negligence fits. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Priorities:

Wisconsin Republicans float bill to designate state rifle

Republican lawmakers began circulating a bill Thursday that would designate a lever-action rifle produced in northwestern Wisconsin as the state's official rifle.

The bill from state Reps. Dave Armstrong, Treig Pronschinske and James Edming and Sen. Romaine Quinn would designate the Henry All-Weather .45-70 as Wisconsin's official state rifle.

• Haha 1

Good way to store your gun:

Man allegedly steals firearm from bush outside BNA

A man accused of stealing a gun that had been stashed in a bush outside Nashville International Airport (BNA) has been taken into custody.

According to arrest documents, a BNA employee who works for a cleaning service contacted Nashville Airport Police on Thursday, March 16, saying she had hidden her firearm in a bush at a terminal garage because she was running late for work.

However, when she returned, her gun was missing, so officials said they entered the gun into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) as stolen.

Per the affidavit, a supervisor for the cleaning company said he saw another employee — identified as Arius A. Boyd — near the area where the firearm had been stashed, which he thought was suspicious since Boyd was there past his shift.

The court documents said surveillance video showed the first employee hiding her gun in the bush just after 5 a.m.

Then, at approximately 6:22 a.m., a man was reportedly seen leaning over a rail in the same area before leaving BNA property in a white Nissan Sentra registered to Boyd.

Miami Beach orders curfew Sunday night after two fatal shootings, flood of people, guns has created ‘peril that cannot go unchecked’

Miami Beach again imposed a curfew Sunday night after a bloody weekend in which two people died during separate shootings and large, rowdy crowds flooded the streets.

Miami Beach Mayor Dan Gelber said in a video message posted Sunday that the throngs of people, combined with a number of guns, has created a “peril that cannot go unchecked.”

“We don’t ask for spring break in our city,” Gelber said. “We don’t want spring break in our city. It’s too rowdy, it’s too much disorder and it’s too difficult to police.”

The curfew started at about midnight Monday and would be lifted at 6 a.m., the city said in a news release.

Some people never learn:

Police launch investigation into fatal shooting at cemetery birthday celebration

Horsham Police were dispatched at 3:04 p.m. to the Whitemarsh Memorial Park for a call of shots fired. Police arrived to find Daniel Hawkins, 29, dead and Arian Davis, 33, of Philadelphia seriously injured. Davis was transported to Abington Hospital and is being treated for injuries to his jaw, hand and leg. Detectives processing the scene found that more than 30 shots had been fired.

A joint investigation into the death has been launched by Montgomery County Detectives and Horsham Police. The initial investigation found that a large group of people were at a “birthday celebration” in the cemetery at the grave of Tyrek Fairel, who was shot and killed in 2013 in Norristown. Gunfire broke out within the group, killing Hawkins and injuring Davis.

I would argue that the equipment they had is irrelevant. 

they were in a crisis with young children’s lives as risk and their job is literally to intervene in such a crisis. 

if all they had were toothpicks their job was to enter the room and end the massacre. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I would argue that the equipment they had is irrelevant. 

they were in a crisis with young children’s lives as risk and their job is literally to intervene in such a crisis. 

if all they had were toothpicks their job was to enter the room and end the massacre. 

It's also possible to argue the opposite. That the cops waited, not because of "He's got an AR-15 and we don't want to face that awesome firepower", but because of "He's got an AR-15, and a room full of kids."  

I assume we all agree that if the situation were identical except for the hostages, the cops aren't nearly as reluctant. 

So, were the cops frozen because of the awesome firepower that they were too scared to face?  Or because of the threat the AR-15 posed, to the hostages?  

21 minutes ago, Larry said:

I assume we all agree that if the situation were identical except for the hostages, the cops aren't nearly as reluctant. 

I have no reason to agree with this unless I’ve missed something (certainly possible)

standard training is to rush in and neutralize the attacker. It’s been known for DECADES that treating it like a hostage situation is wrong and leads to more deaths. There was a dramatic shift in how to deal with these in early 2000’s and it happened nationally. 

anyone suggesting they should have, or were, hesitant because they knew there were kids alive is flying in the face of basic police practices. 

• Thumb up 1

48 minutes ago, Larry said:

So, were the cops frozen because of the awesome firepower that they were too scared to face?  Or because of the threat the AR-15 posed, to the hostages?  

I’m honestly willing to bet it’s a combination of:

- specific people being scared (decision makers)

- poor execution and/or understanding of the C&C structure

- poor and/or lack of training for these situations 

I don’t think all the police officers were *******. Probably just the ones making decisions. The only real issue I have (with this theory) is how come somrone, anyone, didn’t say “**** this” and make something happen instead of falling victim to logistical bull****. I just don’t know how as a man you can stand outside a door listening to that, wearing a vest and holding a gun and supposedly carrying a badge, and just ****ing stand there cause the white shirts don’t have their **** together. I just do. Not. Get. It. 

there’s another mitigating issue that’s well known that’s not necessarily anyone’s “fault”, it’s the nature of the beast and I don’t know that anyone’s successfully figured out how to solve for this. I separate it because of the idea I hate to say there’s real fault here

- when these calls go out everyone with a badge and gun shows up. Doesn’t matter if you’re off duty or on duty. If it’s your jurisdiction or not. If you’re state or local. Mass shooting at a school is an “all hands on deck” situation and there are no excuses. 

and this compounds logistical issues immensely. You’d think the answer is appropriate training but you can’t train for every scenario - there will always be corner cases like this and usually bad or inadequate leadership will make them way worse than they should be. 

Edited by tshile