Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at San Fran ~ A Christmas Reunion TV Special

TK
Message added by TK,

1161584152_ScreenShot2022-12-24at7_15_39PM.thumb.png.c507ff54669775b2ee2dcf7ea6ba4646.png

36 minutes ago, Conn said:

You’re right, and I admitted as much in my post that it was about the locker room. But at some point as the HC when you are tasked with seeing the bigger picture, you need to be the adult in the room and go win games by making the right decisions. The locker room will follow when your decisions work. 

It’s part of why I hope this was our final ride with Heinicke.  I’d prefer not be put in another situation where we have to play him longer than need be because he’s popular in the locker room.

• Like 1

On the post game pod with JP, Mitch and Pete, it was odd, but all three said they thought Fon would go back to Wentz and then said they wouldn’t do it, then lamented the fact with TH was playing QB they did t score points, so Ron probably had to go to Wentz.  

It was really odd.  I think they all like Taylor and want him to succeed.  It sounded as though they were trying to come to grips that they had to break up with a girl that they liked but knew they had to live on from because she had a meth addiction and staying with her was going to lead to despair.  They didn’t want to break up with the girl and kept finding justifications for staying together, like “when she’s not high, she has a wonderful personality.”  But in the end, I think they were getting around to the fact they had to make the switch.  

• Haha 3

Pretty frustrating that the skins have swung and missed at qb for a lifetime, and the 49ers are on their 3rd string qb, rookie Mr frickin irrelevant, and he looks that good.  

The skins should be banned on playing on any holiday, or any day that should be a happy day.  Save my misery for average fall Sundays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Pretty frustrating that the skins have swung and missed at qb for a lifetime, and the 49ers are on their 3rd string qb, rookie Mr frickin irrelevant, and he looks that good.  

The skins should be banned on playing on any holiday, or any day that should be a happy day.  Save my misery for average fall Sundays.

I mean the roster around Purdy is loaded. He's got arguably the game's best RB and LT. A top 5 TE. AND Deebo Samuel who is like, probably top 10 all around weapon in the game not even playing. And then of course his defense which has arguably the league's best Edge and LB and is just talented all around.

There isn't a discernible difference between Heinicke and Purdy except Purdy's supporting cast is much better. Oh, and Purdy has an actually really good offensive coordinator/playcaller.

• Sad 1

Just now, KillBill26 said:

When you are in a solid organization that can give you protection, surround you with weapons, and have superior playcalling and in game coaching, you don’t need to be a franchise quarterback to succeed.

with the OL Washington has this season. No qb can succeed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Does anyone else think we got outcoached Today?   Asking for a friend.

You would have to actually coach to be out coached. Ron just made too many dumb decisions, not mistakes, not accidents, dumb decisions. He's not a good football coach, I think he gambles, not because he's brave, but because he doesn't know better. The riverboat has washed ashore downstream.

• Like 2

Reading a lot of these posts and seeing a few people say that Rivera was unwilling or scared to bench Heinike and put Wentz in, in fear of losing the locker room. That's total and utter ******** if true, if Rivera has not got the ******* guts to  bench Heinike then he shouldn't be coaching full stop. Our Defense and only our Defense has got us anywhere near the play-offs,  up until yesterday no team had scored more than 21 points against us in our last 10 games or so. Any average QB would have won 10 games minimum with our Defense. Personally I don't like Wentz but surely he is the best of a **** bunch going forward. 

HTTR 

• Like 1

In fairness to Ron he did say he was going to announce the starter and will not give him a short leash so he won't be constantly looking over his shoulder. Thjs was the correct approach IMO, Wentz lost his job for a reason.  He rode the TH bus as long as he could.  

This was a game Washington had little chance of winning, I was surprised they were in the game as long as they were. I was encouraged by what I saw in Chase Young. That's about all the good I took out of that game.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean the roster around Purdy is loaded. He's got arguably the game's best RB and LT. A top 5 TE. AND Deebo Samuel who is like, probably top 10 all around weapon in the game not even playing. And then of course his defense which has arguably the league's best Edge and LB and is just talented all around.

There isn't a discernible difference between Heinicke and Purdy except Purdy's supporting cast is much better. Oh, and Purdy has an actually really good offensive coordinator/playcaller.

I don't know man.  I'd say purdy vs TH, purdy is much better at protecting the football.  8 TD vs 3 picks for purdy, and the pick that Forrest got bounced off wr hands.  I get some of the turnovers for TH can be attributed to our horrible oline.  Like TH, Purdy showed he can use his legs to avoid a sack ie when McCain was chasing him towards the sideline.  Purdys big throws ie first kittle TD, were due to throws well placed, vs thrown up for grabs and our elite wrs making the adjustments as TM and JD constantly have to do.  The big difference is Purdy doesn't have the back breaking interception that leaves us all scratching our heads.

Their line and playcaller are definitely much better.  However, we have weapons too.  Our wr trio is among the best in the league.  Deebo wasn't playing today, and purdy still looked much better than TH.  And our defense is pretty solid too.  

SF is a good team all around, but purdy deserves credit too.  Mr Irrelevant.  I think purdy would do better with our current squad than TH has, and SF got him with the last pick of the draft as their 3rd stringer while we continue to search for QB.  Very frustrating.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dc1 said:

Oh no.. YouTubeTV just told me the game is no longer available. 

I need play by play folks! 

No, you don’t want that and you certainly don’t need it. You’d do better to just punch yourself in the nads six or eight times and call it a day. That way, you’ll at least have saved yourself another three plus hours of misery. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Remember the end of the Shanny era and fans were crying that the only way Kyle had that job was  because of his dad?  Those were good times.  Kyle has shown to be a brilliant offensive mind and has taken the last pick in the draft and made him successful.  

Yeah those fans were morons. Kyle had productive offenses with guys like Rex Grossman at QB. But our overall fan base IQ has plummeted over the years.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

It's about coaching and having a better supporting cast when it comes to Purdy vs Heinicke

Purdy objectively makes more difficult throws more consistently, with better decision-making. I don’t think it’s “just” coaching and supporting cast. It’s everything. He’s a better player. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Purdy objectively makes more difficult throws more consistently, with better decision-making. I don’t think it’s “just” coaching and supporting cast. It’s everything. He’s a better player. 

Agreed, Purdy has made better decisions with the football and far less turnovers than Heinicke

10 hours ago, Conn said:

I think it’s really hard to discern how good or bad a QB is when they don’t get protection.  I’m watching the Bucs Cards game and Brady looks awful because his line isn’t protecting him (but still better than Washington’s  OL).  Brady is rushing his reads and throws, has thrown two INT’s with his first INT due to getting hit just as he released the ball.  And there is no debate that he is the GOAT. 

So if the GOAT is looking  like crap behind a shaky line how can any of us draw any conclusions?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ananoman said:

I think it’s really hard to discern how good or bad a QB is when they don’t get protection.  I’m watching the Bucs Cards game and Brady looks awful because his line isn’t protecting him (but still better than Washington’s  OL).  Brady is rushing his reads and throws, has thrown two INT’s with his first INT due to getting hit just as he released the ball.  And there is no debate that he is the GOAT. 

So if the GOAT is looking  like crap behind a shaky line how can any of us draw any conclusions?

Imagine Joe Burrow stats behind a good OL ;)

On 12/25/2022 at 10:02 AM, The Sisko said:

No, you don’t want that and you certainly don’t need it. You’d do better to just punch yourself in the nads six or eight times and call it a day. That way, you’ll at least have saved yourself another three plus hours of misery. 

Seeing this several days later. Turns out you are/were correct.

Nostradamus is that you?

• Haha 1