Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread : Washington vs Atlanta - The Further Adventures of Earn, Paper Boi', & Darius

TK
Message added by TK,

1628139826_ScreenShot2022-11-27at3_49_45PM.thumb.png.79c88242f6e56500cd9b9d9d7de3ef3f.png

25 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Hold. On. Was i the only one who remembers seeing language that this was going to be a "statue"?? Was that not official language in promotional copy, or was it just beat-writers and twitter creating that line? If it was indeed promoted as a statue, and this is said "statue", this ranks up there with:

- ****ing up/prematurely unveiling the new team name on tv

- The day-of reveal of that ST pregame "tribute" in front of some porter potties (and ST's family confirming nothing was officially planed)

- Jackson Mahomes dumbass Tik Toking all over a chained off, spraypainted 21 on the ground

And if it wasnt supposed to be a statue, why the **** am i looking at a Dick's Sporting Goods mannequin with some wire arms?? Some kind of full-bodied, athletic bust in a pose couldnt be produced?? I dont have any more words for the ineptitude and disappointment of this organization. Time and time again they trot his family out for these "tributes" and it's starting to feel more and more disingenuous, amateur and bordering on a last effort desperation grab at maintaining any feelings of nostalgia for this organization. 

If the family loves it and appreciates it, that's all that really matters. But as a fan, a fan of ST, and a consumer, that display represents what this team has been for my tenure: a beautiful, bright, shiny casing that provides no real substance or life inside.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

They shouldn’t have called it a statue. On the other hand, I may have been the only one who was thinking a statue was a bit too much for Taylor. Statues should be reserved for Skins legends, the ones who helped transform the franchise. So a part of me was glad it wasn’t a statue. But they should have called it an installation in tribute to Sean Taylor. Actual statues can then be left for the Baughs, Gibbs and Monks of the team’s history.

But even as an installation it’s lacking. Looks like something you’d put kn the team store lol…

I kinda agree with you. It’s not like Sean brought a championship like Magic or Kobe but if you’re gonna do a tribute for arguably the best safety we ever had, they could have done better than a Weekend at Bernies tribute!

10 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

They shouldn’t have called it a statue. On the other hand, I may have been the only one who was thinking a statue was a bit too much for Taylor. Statues should be reserved for Skins legends, the ones who helped transform the franchise. So a part of me was glad it wasn’t a statue. But they should have called it an installation in tribute to Sean Taylor. Actual statues can then be left for the Baughs, Gibbs and Monks of the team’s history.

But even as an installation it’s lacking. Looks like something you’d put kn the team store lol…

That was my first thought.

It looks like something you would see in a sporting goods store. :ols:

Having said that, I'm not upset. It's a nice tribute.

I liked Taylor, but I wasn't attached to him.

Save the bronze statues for the true legends of the franchise.... Baugh, Sonny, George Allen, Joe Gibbs, etc....

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It's my favorite part of the thing.  It feels intentional.  And almost like "I DARE THEM TO CRITICIZE THIS."

Is this for real?  That's a statue?????  We are a such a colossal embarrassment.  If I am a fan of another team and see this, I would only be laughing.  What a disgrace.  It's his jersey with wires hanging out.  Is this really for real??  Who on earth thought of this and thought this would be a good idea.  I would much rather they do anything.  Unbelievable, truly unbelievable.

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

What do you guys think it cost to make that? I doubt it was more than 6 grand for the glass enclosure, wire mannequin and plaques at the bottom. The gear they got out of an unsold inventory closet. Just pathetic.

Less that Patrick Mahomes ensemble when they let him dance a jig on ST21 last year

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Meh…I like art.  This is a piece of art.  You like it or you don’t.  That’s how art works,  i looked at it and saw Sean.  I liked the way it made me feel.  I have a dog in the fight as well so I could easily hop on the bandwagon and say it sux.  But it doesn’t to me.  I’m retired man… don’t care what folks think of my opinion lol

You have a dog in the fight?  It's a bandwagon because it's trash?

Way to reinforce my point.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

It’s a cool installation for a man cave or sports bar but not a stadium. It’s just such ineptitude with Jason and this bunch. Oh well. Let’s get us a playoff spot. Game time baby. 

If that was in your basement mancave, I'd be really impressed. That would really be amazing. 

I just thank lil baby Heyzeus that the team is up for sale. With all these simple things this FO/Ownership team continues to **** up, there's no way & The TK means NO WAY that these clowns could ever get a stadium done right. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

You have a dog in the fight?  It's a bandwagon because it's trash?

Way to reinforce my point.

Yo man…I’m not competing with you or anyone.  Lol.  But if you see it that way, congrats.  Here’s your trophy.  You shouldn’t be so offended someone likes it.  We’re not doing espionage here homie

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I kinda agree with you. It’s not like Sean brought a championship like Magic or Kobe but if you’re gonna do a tribute for arguably the best safety we ever had, they could have done better than a Weekend at Bernies tribute!

I dont think the team ever said statue . The media said statue.

and this is the same type of things the team has around the stadium honoring other players