Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread : Washington vs Atlanta - The Further Adventures of Earn, Paper Boi', & Darius

TK
Message added by TK,

1628139826_ScreenShot2022-11-27at3_49_45PM.thumb.png.79c88242f6e56500cd9b9d9d7de3ef3f.png

Just now, dc1 said:

I appreciate the honor, but I don't like the installation. I was hoping for a bronze statue.

Oh no… how did they mess this up? I was hoping for a bronze statue of him leaping into the end zone during the playoff game against the Eagles or something like that that embodies him. A generic wireframe clothes hanger with its arms at its sides does not do him justice. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RansomthePasserby said:

Oh no… how did they mess this up? I was hoping for a bronze statue of him leaping into the end zone during the playoff game against the Eagles or something like that that embodies him. A generic wireframe clothes hanger with its arms at its sides does not do him justice. 

Exactly.  The leaping into the end zone is the ONLY right answer for a Sean statue.  Any one of us on here could have told them that.  The ineptitude is and continues to always be so staggering. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I can’t imagine a statue will be built when the new owners are in place. None of them would have any attachment to Sean Taylor. I’d love an actual statue one day, but it doesn’t sound too logical unfortunately 

It should never be about the new owner's attachment to a player(s). It should always be about attachment of the fans to their team and it's history instead. 

• TK featured this topic
8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

When I first saw it, I was ...  ehhhhhh???

What I like is it's full Redskins.  

I'm going to have to think about this one.  I actually like the simplicity.  I like the fact it's also kindof a memorial to the Redskins, which I'm not sure if that was entirely intentional or not, but it feels intentional. 

Admittedly, I'm not a statue guy.  I think most times they look nothing like the person they are supposed to look like.  So, I kindof like this.

But I might be in the minority on it, and I will not fight anybody on their opinion about it.  It feels ... too simple.  

I can see that angle, and here is the F up in it from the team perspective.

This thing was billed as a statue, and that conjures some very specific imagery in people heads. What they have here falls vastly short of that and feels like an Omega level cop out.

If they were not going to deliver a statue they should have had much better messaging. With better expectations, more people would have been receptive to the angle you described.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I like it.  It’s quietly ominous and intimidating…just like Sean was.  It’s also empty just like we all are since he left us.  $.02

If you’re scared of stick figures in the night…..he has no arms or legs ffs

Do we dare consider that maybe they (whomever they may be) could/would do something at a new stadium to honor ALL the legends?  Maybe?

oh well, is it time to whine about the refs yet?

Edited by stoshuaj

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I can see that angle, and here is the F up in it from the team perspective.

This thing was billed as a statue, and that conjures some very specific imagery in people heads. What they have here falls vastly short of that and feels like an Omega level cop out.

If they were not going to deliver a statue they should have had much better messaging. With better expectations, more people would have been receptive to the angle you described.

It’s a mannequin with a jersey on it.  This is what the lakers have outside Staples center:

89233419-E53C-4F86-AA3A-F7AC6C60F009.jpeg.10495827f6044f3e4274d0a408bde88b.jpegC2B8C0DF-5642-423B-84D8-A61725AF47D6.jpeg.7c6e5ca172815380f0b193c086c9badc.jpeg92EFA561-A4A8-4A70-9FB0-0D749456D4F7.jpeg.611dbd53c9e3a16717d19b6adc4d5784.jpeg

• Like 3

Hey there, is this going to work?  My power just went off and I'm testing my new UPS power supply to see if WIFI stayed up when power went down...

EDIT: HOT DAMN! IT WORKED!  2 $60 UPS's, one at the Verizon box and one at the WiFi router, power goes out, and WiFi stays on. 

Now that's what I call WINNING!

Charlie Sheen Winning GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

It’s a mannequin with a jersey on it.  This is what the lakers have outside Staples center:

Oh, make no mistake, Its woefully inept, embarrassing, cheap, lazy and wrong... but the direction could have worked with better messaging that this was not going to be some bronze monument and if someone who actually cared had input.

Clear epoxy mannequin draped football gear with taped fingers and eyeblack in an action pose would have been symbolic and cool. Wire frame standing at attention is just the absolute minimal possible effort and is hard to look at positively.

• Like 1

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Oh, make no mistake, Its woefully inept, embarrassing, cheap, lazy and wrong... but the direction could have worked with better messaging that this was not going to be some bronze monument and if someone who actually cared had input.

Clear epoxy mannequin draped football gear with taped fingers and eyeblack in an action pose would have been symbolic and cool. Wire frame standing at attention is just the absolute minimal possible effort and is hard to look at positively.

So they could've ****ed up less if they told us that they were going to **** it up in advance.

9 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

What. The. ****. Is. That.

I am unbelievably impressed by this team's ability to lower the bar just slightly slower than they can dig underneath it.

What a colossal **** up.

Yep. I was hoping…….HOPING……that they’d do today correctly. But NO. They didn’t. And I’m not at all surprised. Just embarrassed. 

bring on the loss to the falcons in the all-black uniforms to make it the full skins/WTF/commandos experience……..

@Conn THIS is my reaction to the *^** the team did. So, you were WRONG. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

Speaking of tape, they should have added tape to the face mask. That was Sean’s iconic look. 

• Like 1

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

So they could've ****ed up less if they told us that they were going to **** it up in advance.

No.

If you tell someone your erecting a memorial you can't follow up by hanging a small plaque.

In retrospect from an outside perspective this had no business being hailed anything close to a statue unveiling and it doomed them before they began

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you with rationalization.

Meh…I like art.  This is a piece of art.  You like it or you don’t.  That’s how art works,  i looked at it and saw Sean.  I liked the way it made me feel.  I have a dog in the fight as well so I could easily hop on the bandwagon and say it sux.  But it doesn’t to me.  I’m retired man… don’t care what folks think of my opinion lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, FootballZombie said:

It’s not even a game worn jersey. The merch they are selling has the face mask taped up. The jersey is basic. So disappointed in them and I have eyes wide open. My expectation was low but after hearing Jason say they would do it right I expected something more grand. They used wire frame mannequins. The ones they had for the name reveal were nicer. 

44 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

I’ve been as anti-Milne as anyone all year as the PR but today is not the best day to be breaking in a new guy. Muffed punt in these conditions is a real possibility 

If Dotson is doing the returns, I’m not worried about it at all. Hes sure handed and he would do better on one leg than Dax as a returner. 

They shouldn’t have called it a statue. On the other hand, I may have been the only one who was thinking a statue was a bit too much for Taylor. Statues should be reserved for Skins legends, the ones who helped transform the franchise. So a part of me was glad it wasn’t a statue. But they should have called it an installation in tribute to Sean Taylor. Actual statues can then be left for the Baughs, Gibbs and Monks of the team’s history.

But even as an installation it’s lacking. Looks like something you’d put in the team store lol…

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 4