Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday Night Game Night Thread: Washington at Philly - Heinicke's Last Stand, Wentz if it Hurts

TK
Message added by TK,

1520763020_ScreenShot2022-11-14at11_09_58PM.thumb.png.f702b5530a184659b9ace0bd422e8112.png

Just now, GhostofSparta said:

Philly scored a TD to pull within 2. Scott panics and abandons the run, puts too much pressure on Taylor. Bad things happen.

Please whatever deities exist don't let this happen.

I think it's going to be the opposite.  I predict a run-run-pass-punt.  

I hope to be wrong. I hope we can go run-run-run-run-run-run-run-run-run-run-run-end-of-game.

But, eh, that seems unlikely.  

I just don't understand how the defense goes from playing very solid fundamental defense, to missing tackles on every single play.  Once or twice a drive maybe, but the last 5 plays they had the ball carrier dead to rights and just either whiff or don't wrap up.  How does this happen every game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, NoCalMike said:

I just don't understand how the defense goes from playing very solid fundamental defense, to missing tackles on every single play.  Once or twice a drive maybe, but the last 5 plays they had the ball carrier dead to rights and just either whiff or don't wrap up.  How does this happen every game.

Going for knockouts instead of wrapups.

This is when we would historically go 3 and out, or at least not sustain a drive. Let’s see if they can buck history and make plays. A TD-for-TD response at this point in the game, after losing momentum, would be nearly unprecedented