Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm in agreement. The Lions would actually be a more fun team to watch and are legitimately better.

Its just annoying that the Giants are probably get in. I do not for a second believe they are better than us. They would get boat raced by the Vikings or 49ers(just as we would). 

Man please, the Bucks are not better than us…hahaha

Once again, we do not belong in the playoffs. I don't think we make it this year. San Fran is going to eat our lunch. 

58 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Playoffs for us now =no ******* chance. If we can't beat a the Giants we don't deserve to get in the play-offs. Coaches and players pleaded with the fans to turn up and after a bye week we totally let them down. 

I didn't let anyone down. I'm not going to that crap hole still owned by that asshole. **** off with this bull****. The players play. If they can't win it's on them. 

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Lions are making the playoffs over this team.  That Week 2 loss is coming back to bite this team big time.  Plus the Lions are playing like this team should:  With passion and guts.  This team has none of that.  

That’s total nonsense. This team is short on quite a few things; but passion and guts is not on the list. They’ve played hard and with fire all year. Pretty much any time a team looks bad and/or loses, fans point to “heart”— and it’s almost never the case. Last night had zero to do with “want to” or effort. Zero. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Lots to be disappointed about from last night, but the biggest thing for me is this: 

We had a chance last night to potentially cruise into the playoffs for the first time in a very long time. In 2020, 2015, 2012, 2007, and 2005 we clinched during the final game of the season. 

Last time we were in prior to the last week was 1999– we clinched that year the second to last game of season. 

In 1992, we lost our last game and had to wait until the next day to get help to get in. 

So in our 7 playoff trips since we easily clinched in 1991, we solidified our spot the last week of the season 6/7 times, with the exception coming second to last game. 

We would have been in prime position to do just that had we taken care of business last night. The Giants now fill that role and they are likely one win away from getting in. Which is where we would have been. We worked hard to get ourselves into that position and to let it slip away stings. 

That said, after the 1-4 start I obviously would have taken a scenario where we were the 7 seed with three games to go. 

The rooting guide for this week is quite simple: 

Panthers over Lions 

Chiefs over Seahawks

These games are of equal importance to us. If they both lose, we can’t fall out of 7 seed even if we lose. And we will know that before our game (or shortly after) gets started. 

Chiefs are TEN point favorite over Seattle. It is still a huge game for KC as the #1 seed is still in their sights. Also probably somewhat helpful that they almost lost in Houston this week— unlikely Seattle can “sneak up” on them in any way— and Seahawks are without Lockett as well. Take nothing for granted in NFL as we see week after week, but I certainly feel confident that the Chiefs will help us here. 

I also very much think the Panthers can beat Detroit. Carolina is a three point underdog and most public bettors will take the Lions. Carolina controls their own playoff destiny and will be fully motivated for this game. I think it’s close to a 50/50 game. I said I thought the Lions would split their games with Jets/Panthers. Hopefully, I’m correct. 

We remain 6.5 point dogs at SF; right where it was before our game last night. 

We can also add Vikings over Giants as I suppose NYG going 0-3 is possible; just unlikely. We can also still pass Giants if we go 3-0 and they go 2-1, but that won’t matter as we’d clinch anyway if we go 3-0. So the only way the Giants can help us now is if we win 2/3 and they lose out. 

Was hoping to not be in this position, but here we are. Big Panthers and Chiefs fan this week. 

• Like 6

Not sure how interested I am in seeing us get boat raced by Minn. or SF, though one never knows.  But, really doesn’t matter.  We’ll never catch the Giants now and since our best day is going to be 8-8-1, no chance Lions lose 2 out of next 3 with the dog crap teams they play.  Another year of a middling draft pick with no playoffs for the Commodes.

Team needs to be sold, now.  But, that’s probably wishful thinking. 

1 hour ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Lions are making the playoffs over this team.  That Week 2 loss is coming back to bite this team big time.  Plus the Lions are playing like this team should:  With passion and guts.  This team has none of that.  

What this team is lacking is a competent QB, one that can afford to let his defense give up more than 13 points.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What this team is lacking is a competent QB, one that can afford to let his defense give up more than 13 points.

Issue is where are they going to get one.  They're not going to draft high enough to get one of the better prospects and the FA QB class is really bad.  This team is screwed as far as getting a franchise QB is concerned

So after messing with the playoff machine it looks like the Giants will clinch with a win and a loss by us this weekend.

If the Lions win out and the Giants win just one more game we're done unless we win out. I like it because I don't feel like we really deserve it unless we have that 10 wins anyway.

If the Lions slip up that changes things but I just don't see it happening the way they're playing right now.

Probably a stupid question, but can someone explain how the Cowboys clinched a playoff spot due to the Skins loss last night?  Dallas is 10-4 and can still theoretically finish 10-7, while the Commanders can still finish 10-6-1, which would be better than 10-7......I think?  I thought that maybe they had some sort of tiebreaker over both the Lions and Seahawks, but Seattle had lost by Thursday and Detroit won last night.

Bottom line is that I'm just confused to how our loss to NYG clinched a spot for Dallas.

1 hour ago, kleese said:

That’s total nonsense. This team is short on quite a few things; but passion and guts is not on the list. They’ve played hard and with fire all year. Pretty much any time a team looks bad and/or loses, fans point to “heart”— and it’s almost never the case. Last night had zero to do with “want to” or effort. Zero. 

I don't see anything from this team, particularly from the offense.  1 good drive last night and that was it.  Defense did all they could, but the offense was trash, particularly Heinicke who was awful.  Don't see many wins on the horizon.  Maybe they beat the Browns, but that's it

Edited by NoVaSkins21

13 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Probably a stupid question, but can someone explain how the Cowboys clinched a playoff spot due to the Skins loss last night?  Dallas is 10-4 and can still theoretically finish 10-7, while the Commanders can still finish 10-6-1, which would be better than 10-7......I think?  I thought that maybe they had some sort of tiebreaker over both the Lions and Seahawks, but Seattle had lost by Thursday and Detroit won last night.

Bottom line is that I'm just confused to how our loss to NYG clinched a spot for Dallas.

Yeah, I’m confused too. Makes no sense. 

2 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

Once again, we do not belong in the playoffs. I don't think we make it this year. San Fran is going to eat our lunch. 

I didn't let anyone down. I'm not going to that crap hole still owned by that asshole. **** off with this bull****. The players play. If they can't win it's on them. 

I meant the players and coaches let us down. Wrote the post wrong. 

17 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Yeah? Well I’ve been asking the team not to be a ****show for the last 25 years but we don’t always get what we want, do we?

I might be wrong, but I think by “we totally let them down”, he meant we (the team) totally let them (the fans) down. Not the other way around 

1 minute ago, markmills67 said:

I meant the players and coaches let us down. Wrote the post wrong. 

Yep, looks like I was right. I knew that’s what you meant 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Some scenario where we end up tied with the Cowboys but have the tiebreaker over them and it ends up eliminating them. Its super unlikely and the Cowboys were like 95% or something to make the playoffs anyway. 

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

I'm not kleese and don't study the scenarios but my guess is because the best Seattle and Detroit can do is 10 and 7 and the cowboys must have the tiebreaker over them, therefore if the cowboys end up 10 and 7 it would put us the giants and them all in as wild cards.

Must be a tie breaker on common opponents thing or something.

Edited by redskinss

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

So after messing with the playoff machine it looks like the Giants will clinch with a win and a loss by us this weekend.

If the Lions win out and the Giants win just one more game we're done unless we win out. I like it because I don't feel like we really deserve it unless we have that 10 wins anyway.

If the Lions slip up that changes things but I just don't see it happening the way they're playing right now.

Not sure I’m ready to say Lions end season on 9 game winning streak. Obviously they are hot. I also think they lose today if Mike White plays for Jets. Definitely have to assume they beat the Bears in week 17 (although their first game went down to wire). I do not think either of their road games are gimmies— and they are likely to be underdogs at Green Bay. 

At this point what we really want is to at least control our own destiny week 18. So what we need to do next two weeks to accomplish that is keep pace with Detroit and Seattle. 

The absolutely MOST plausible thing for me to see: 

—Seahawks lose to KC/beat Jets 

—Lions beat Panthers and Bears (not gimmies)

—We lose to SF/beat Browns 

—Giants lose to Vikings/beat Colts 

If that all happened, Giants would be in. Final spot would come down to us, Lions, and Seahawks. Lions would control things— they beat GB, they’d be in. They lose, we win, we are in. Detroit and us lose, Seahawks beat Rams, Seattle is in. 

Gun to my head, I am predicting we enter week 18 needing a win and a Lions loss (this would be the exact same scenario as last week of 1997 FYI). 

I am hopeful Carolina can pull the mild upset this week and give us breathing room. If Panthers beat Lions and Chiefs beat Seahawks then we are guaranteed to still be in control entering week 17. 

What’s sad is that just 3 weeks ago following the W Vs the falcons, we were all imagining how sweet a sweep of the giants would be. Now, here we are, a tie and a loss later…….sure, the refs did everything they could to make it tougher for us, but our offense was awful. 

just disappointing situation after what we all dreamed would occur just 3 weeks ago :( 

46 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What’s sad is that just 3 weeks ago following the W Vs the falcons, we were all imagining how sweet a sweep of the giants would be. Now, here we are, a tie and a loss later…….sure, the refs did everything they could to make it tougher for us, but our offense was awful. 

just disappointing situation after what we all dreamed would occur just 3 weeks ago :( 

That's what being a fan of this **** show franchise is like