Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

50 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I don't think the Giants have won a division game yet this season. Our win over the Eagles gives us an edge at the moment.

Yes.  And we have the goal differential to break the tie as well.  I think we advance from the group stage to the knockout round.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Count me in on the “not so fast” group preferring to go to Minnesota over SF. I 100% agree that the 49ers are better/more talented team than Vikings. But SF IS starting a third-string rookie QB and we have a VERY stout defense. They may have also lost Deebo. In addition, the Dome is a more difficult road environment in general. 

We will see how it all shakes out— by that time, perhaps I’d be on board preferring Minny as well, but I don’t think it’s an open and shut case. Kirk + JJ is a very tough task. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Hoover-ball said:

Biggest game in Commanders history one week from now. 

It’s true.  I’d argue every game so far this year has been the biggest game in commander’s history…

43 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Yes.  And we have the goal differential to break the tie as well.  I think we advance from the group stage to the knockout round.

@Cooleyfan1993 this is a joke about the World Cup Soccer, which of course the rest of the world calls football…. 

I hope that helps with the confusion….

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, kleese said:

Count me in on the “not so fast” group preferring to go to Minnesota over SF. I 100% agree that the 49ers are better/more talented team than Vikings. But SF IS starting a third-string rookie QB and we have a VERY stout defense. They may have also lost Deebo. In addition, the Dome is a more difficult road environment in general. 

We will see how it all shakes out— by that time, perhaps I’d be on board preferring Minny as well, but I don’t think it’s an open and shut case. Kirk + JJ is a very tough task. 

Can we just beat them in the group stages first?   Knockout rounds are a lifetime away

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oraphus said:

no, they never even put in a claim on Mayfield. Rams were the only team that did. 

I stand corrected. i could have sworn during the Thursday Nighter they said SF was in on Mayfield. There is now reports now that SF was bluffing an interest to trick LA in to claiming him. I would love to be a fly on the wall when Shanny and Mcvay jab at each other on the golf course in the off season.

17 minutes ago, kleese said:

Yeah, a lot of people (not necessarily here) are acting as if it's not possible for a 7th round rookie to regress as more teams study his tape and game plan for him, not to mention how difficult it is to play at a consistent level from week to week to week. I'd be less worried about facing Purdy and an injured (or possibly missing) Deebo in 2 weeks than playing against Cousins and Jefferson in 5 weeks.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, kleese said:

I want to knock KC out of the playoffs. So given that...I want a shot at Minny. Also I want TH to scream "You like that" in KC's face

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

@Cooleyfan1993 this is a joke about the World Cup Soccer, which of course the rest of the world calls football…. 

I hope that helps with the confusion….

No, I understood it was about the World Cup, my confusion was, why talk in World Cup language in here. Just found it a bit odd, but that’s just my opinion. It’s fine. 

6 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

I want to knock KC out of the playoffs. So given that...I want a shot at Minny. Also I want TH to scream "You like that" in KC's face

**** Kirk for having the same initials as Kansas City……that had me thinking “huh? The only way we’d play them is in the super bowl, and we won’t be in the super bowl” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

With the Chat GPT stuff being so popular I asked the AI to make a Commanders fight song and include the phrase left hand up. 😂 This is what it made:

I tried singing it to the tune of Hail To The Redskins and pulled a muscle around the 2nd verse lol...

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Haha 5