Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait, don’t the Seahawks currently have the 7 seed though?

If the Giants lose to the Eagles we will have the better conference record and division record and I expect Seattle to beat Carolina this week so yeah I guess it's possible we could be the sixth seed but at minimum will be the 7th.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, method man said:

You haven’t been following the Lions then. They have been on fire the last few weeks since getting healthy. They scare me and they have a shot at winning out.

We need the Eagles to lock up the #1 seed so the Cowboys have nothing to play for in the final week. The Eagles would be likelier to play their starters longer than the Cowboys because they need to give their guys run with the week off the following week. I doubt that they want their first playoff game to happen after two weeks off (they lost to us after their bye)

The Cowboys, on the other hand, would want to give at least a number of their older guys some rest before going on the road to play the Bucs who they already lost to this year

If the Lions win out, it’ll be the first time they’ve won six in a row since 1995.

Edited by Ball Security

58 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I don't see the Seahawks losing to the Panthers...Geno Smith is better than I kept telling myself. But dammit, the Eagles better beat the Giants.

If you told me I controlled the outcomes and I had to pick one of the Giants/Seahawks to win and one to lose, I’d pick Seattle to lose. I’d prefer them both to lose of course, but I’ll be watching Seahawks even more closely— namely because we control destiny with Giants and after Carolina, Seattle goes 49ers, Chiefs, Jets. 

Seattle D is terrible. Panthers are better defensively. Seattle has a better O but they are a little banged up. Panthers off a bye and better than people think. Also, that line opened at around 6-6.5 and is now down to 3.5. The people that do it for a living jumped Carolina early. I’d say if you are a bettor and you are leaning Seahawks— tread lightly. 

20 minutes ago, slinky said:

We're gonna tie the Giants in 2 weeks aren't we... and we'll both be 7-5-2 (after they lose to Philly)

For the record, if that were to happen, we’d still pass the Giants on basis of better overall division record… So if somehow, someway that situation presented itself AGAIN, there would once again be more value in a tie than a loss. 

Before the Jimmy G injury, I felt like the 49ers would be the team every opponent would have hated to face in the first round, especially teams like Dallas & Minnesota.  That big physically powerful (and super fast) defense that can take so much of what you want to do away.  Now with Purdy in there, it will be interesting to see how much they are going to put on his plate should teams start selling out to stop the run game.  He looked good in relief, but that isn't abnormal, and it will a situation to keep an eye on after the kid has more film on him available to coordinators.

As far as the Eagles vs Giants this week goes?  I look for the Giants to approach with a similar game plan as we did and I am very interested to see what sort of adjustments the Eagles will make in combatting it.  The main difference is the Giants don't have the array of skill position players for Jones to throw to and I think that will be their ultimate undoing in the game. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Before the Jimmy G injury, I felt like the 49ers would be the team every opponent would have hated to face in the first round, especially teams like Dallas & Minnesota.  That big physically powerful (and super fast) defense that can take so much of what you want to do away.  Now with Purdy in there, it will be interesting to see how much they are going to put on his plate should teams start selling out to stop the run game.  He looked good in relief, but that isn't abnormal, and it will a situation to keep an eye on after the kid has more film on him available to coordinators.

As far as the Eagles vs Giants this week goes?  I look for the Giants to approach with a similar game plan as we did and I am very interested to see what sort of adjustments the Eagles will make in combatting it.  The main difference is the Giants don't have the array of skill position players for Jones to throw to and I think that will be their ultimate undoing in the game. 

49ers have 8 wins , they should be able to get to 9 and maybe 10, even with Purdy.  Playoffs, they likely are one and done.

On 12/7/2022 at 12:32 PM, HigSkin said:

Giants are slipping.  Meanwhile, Cleveland (not sure why), SF and Cowboys are trending.

Odd that they have the Browns as trending. Watson looked pretty bad and they had a few fluke D/ST scores last week. Couldn’t be rooting harder against Watson

• Like 2

We need to keep an eye on Detroit, their schedule is very easy after this week. Need the Vikings to beat them in Detroit and that's not gonna be easy. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit goes into the final week of the season with a real chance at making the playoffs with the NYG fading and us battling it out with Seattle and Detroit....assuming we take care of the NYG in 2 weeks which I believe we will.

34 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I don't know what team will do it, but I really want the Eagles to lose one more game before Week 18.  If they go into that game having something to play for it would be big for us.

If they do then chances are it'll be Dallas that beats them on Christmas eve which means Dallas may have something to play for on week 18 too....vs the Commanders. Bring it on.

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

If they don't figure out a way to get the Oline figured out by next week it won't matter. The Giants will be in the backfield all day......and the Browns will be even worse the following week. Best get our **** together.

We don’t play the browns the following week, we play the 49ers. Guessing that’s what you meant though