kleese

9 hours ago, kleese said:

This week we want:

Bills over Lions 

Cowboys over Giants 

Saints over 49ers

Raiders over Seahawks 

Browns over Bucs 

If we beat Atl this week, we are likely positioning ourselves to go 3-2 over final stretch to get in. 

What is the reason for wanting the Cowboys to beat the Giants when they have the same record? 

5 minutes ago, bacchist said:

What is the reason for wanting the Cowboys to beat the Giants when they have the same record? 

The way I see it, we should just concede the 5 seed to the Cowboys. They're clearly a really good team, and the worst thing to happen is for teams that are ahead of us to split a bunch of wins. Basically, its better for one or two teams to just completely fall off.

Giants are a better fall off candidate since they're not as good and we still play them twice(while the Cowboys have already beaten us once). So its better if they just keep on losing.

• Like 5

Taylor has been looking over his shoulder his hole football life is what I am guessing. Nothing new for him, nothing locked up for his future or next year.  Seems to be more of a motivator for him than a deterrent.  He has stuck with a NFL team, achieved goal and now wants to stick longer.  Now he can improve on goals or what will most likely decide his future. He has many reasons to want to be focused, another being the Washington area he may want to stay, NFL starting QB or a top backup QB, He likes to add Nike shoes to his collection. This is a bonus for him and sees opportunity I am going to quess? like the longshot racehorse who keeps trying and sometimes win, it can happen.  I think he will give us his best shot and that's what the team needs too.  If Ron sat him for Wentz? I think he could Handle it and would give his best shot if he got another.  So much more than Wentz on the line for Taylor. 

If we win this weekend, I think there’s a good chance our home game Vs the giants coming out of the bye week gets put on Saturday. It’s one of the 6 (I think 6?) TBD games for that week 

edit: 5 games, not 6. And 3 of the 5 to choose from get played Saturday the 17th. Here are the choices the league has to choose from:

dolphins (7-3) @ Bills (7-3) 

Ravens (7-3) @ Browns (3-7)

Colts (4-6-1) @ Vikings (8-2)

Falcons (5-6) @ Saints (4-7)

Giants (7-3) @ Commanders (6-5)

my guess? It’ll be dolphins bills, falcons saints, and us Vs giants 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 2

Someone on twitter (not local media, just a fan) just said our Christmas Eve game in San Fran could be flex worthy. Currently a 4:05 start. Current XMas Eve 8:30 game is Steelers/Raiders. 

eh….I could see it I guess, depending on what happens these next few weeks…..but eagles/cowboys for 1st place (maybe) could be enticing too for the league. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

3 hours ago, bacchist said:

Same reasons others have mentioned. We play Giants twice and Dallas is just better/less likely for us to catch them. Now, if the Giants were to win Thursday then I guess you take a silver lining of sorts—- if the Giants win, then we would actually control our destiny against both of them. If the Giants win Thursday and we win out, then we’d finish ahead of Dallas and NYG even if both of those teams win all remaining games not against us. 

But I like the idea of getting in the EASIEST and earliest way possible— which to me is the Giants falling down the stretch. 

17 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I know SF looked like world beaters last night, but they are not guaranteed to win the division. They still have games with Miami and TB.  If they lose one of those, then their matchup with Seattle is huge.

Yep this is why we keep rooting against SF— for the the “just in case” aspect of it all. I think they are really good and will win the West, but as long as they are in the record mix with everyone else, might as well root against them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Someone on twitter (not local media, just a fan) just said our Christmas Eve game in San Fran could be flex worthy. Currently a 4:05 start. Current XMas Eve 8:30 game is Steelers/Raiders. 

eh….I could see it I guess, depending on what happens these next few weeks…..but eagles/cowboys for 1st place (maybe) could be enticing too for the league. 

That game is not eligible to be flexed. It’s not SNF— it’s an NFLN game and games that weekend are not eligible to be moved to different times— only change allowed is a possible network switch. 

2 hours ago, kleese said:

That game is not eligible to be flexed. It’s not SNF— it’s an NFLN game and games that weekend are not eligible to be moved to different times— only change allowed is a possible network switch. 

Oh, didn’t realize that. Well, I wish I could tell the person on twitter that suggested it. But, I’m not allowed on twitter anymore, so I can only read tweets and comments, but not reply to any 😂

EDIT:,didn’t want to make a double post, so I’m adding onto this one even though it’s off-topic from what I said. 

OBJ is going to choose between the cowboys and giants after Thursdays game. I’m hoping he picks the cowboys, cause if he returns to the giants, that miiiiiight make those two games against them harder to win…..

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh, didn’t realize that. Well, I wish I could tell the person on twitter that suggested it. But, I’m not allowed on twitter anymore, so I can only read tweets and comments, but not reply to any 😂

EDIT:,didn’t want to make a double post, so I’m adding onto this one even though it’s off-topic from what I said. 

OBJ is going to choose between the cowboys and giants after Thursdays game. I’m hoping he picks the cowboys, cause if he returns to the giants, that miiiiiight make those two games against them harder to win…..

It'd be a no brainer for him to sign with the Cowboys if he wants to parlay this short term deal as a way to get paid bigger dollars in 2023

For those interested in scheduling/flex discussion, the NFL did not make any moves for next week-- meaning Colts/Cowboys remains the SNF game and our game at NYG will remain a 1:00 kickoff. As previously noted above, the Christmas Eve game is not eligible to be flexed so that will stay exactly where it is. 

The one to watch is the game at FedEx vs NYG after our BYE week. That decision needs to be made the Tuesday after we play them in New York. Technically the NFL can make that decision any time they want and it's possible they announce after this week's games, but they can reserve the right to wait up until Dec. 6th to make that call. As others have mentioned, there were 5 games designated as TBA with three being slotted on Sat the 17th: 

Dolphins at Bills

Ravens at Browns

Colts at Vikings 

Falcons at Saints

Giants at Commanders 

Three of those will go to Saturday slotted early afternoon to Saturday night in primetime. What is also factoring is the SNF game that week is pretty much 100% sure to get flexed out--Patriots at Raiders. There really aren't any great candidates on the Sunday schedule to move there, so it stands to reason the league is going to take one of the TBA games and drop it on SNF-- whatever they deem the most attractive of the lot-- with the second most appealing game likely to be the Sat primetime game. Looking at that list it's pretty obvious already the two games they will focus on-- our game and Dolphins at Bills. Ravens/Browns and Colts/Vikings are decent because each game has one team in the mix-- Falcons/Saints looks like the dog of the bunch, but could change a bit if Atlanta beats us and/or the Saints win their next two. 

My current prediction for how it plays out: 

Colts at Vikings (early Sat) 

Ravens at Browns (afternoon Sat)

Giants at Commanders (Sat night)

Falcons at Saints (Sunday 1pm) 

Dolphins at Bills (SNF) 

I think you could EASILY swap our game with the Buffalo game though-- even though AFCE game probably has better/more exciting teams, don't discount the NY market or NFCE factor-- I think NBC would probably be happy get either one.  I will be very surprised if that game isn't in primetime either Sat/Sun night. 

It is unlikely our game vs. Browns gets moved-- both the 4:25 CBS game (Vikings at Packers) and SNF (Rams at Chargers) are likely to get the boot, but our game vs Cleveland is not shaping up to be a candidate to move-- only if they did a lot of shuffling and needed another late afternoon game or something, which doesn't appear likely. Then of course, week 18 is 100% up in the air and could land anywhere on the Sunday schedule. 

• Like 2

Updated going into Week 12

Overall Record/Conference Record

1. Eagles (9-1/5-1): Packers, Titans, @Giants, @Bears, @Boys, Saints, Giants

2. Vikings (8-2/6-2):  Pats, Jets, @Lions, Colts, Giants, @Packers, @Bears

3. 49ers (6-4/5-2): Saints, Dolphins, Bucs, @Seahawks,Commies,@Raiders,Cards

4. Bucs (5-5/5-2):  @Browns, Saints, @49ers, Bengals @Cards, Panthers, @Falcons

5. Boys (7-3/6-3): Giants, Colts, Texans, @Jags,Eagles,@Titans,@Commies

6. Giants (7-3/3-3): @Boys, Commies, Eagles, @Commies, @Vikings, Colts, @Eagles

7. Seahawks (6-4/4-4): Raiders, @Rams, Panthers,49ers,@Chiefs,Jets,Rams

8. Commies  (6-5/3-4):  Falcons, @Giants, Giants, @49ers, Browns, Boys

9. Falcons. (5-6/4-4): @Commies, Steelers,, @Saints, @Ravens, Cards, Bucs

Edited by 88Comrade2000

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@kleese our week 18 game could also end up being Saturday January 7th (4:15 or 8:30) instead of Sunday. 

Yep, possible. The Sat games will be games that can’t pre-determine outcomes for Sunday games. 

For example, let’s say it’s down to us and the Giants and we could clinch with a win. Well, they wouldn’t have us play Sat and potentially render the Giants Sunday game meaningless. 

8 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I literally can't get myself to commit to which team I want to win lol...everytime either the Giants or Cowboys takes the lead I find myself going "Yes!...or...hmm...maybe not."

Imo we need the Cowboys to win. The Giants still play us twice and have a harder schedule ahead than Dallas. If we take care of business Sunday and against the Giants next week and after the bye too I think we will be ok. Especially the last Cowboys game they will rest their starters if they already secured a spot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HogsVa7 said:

Imo we need the Cowboys to win. The Giants still play us twice and have a harder schedule ahead than Dallas. If we take care of business Sunday and against the Giants next week and after the bye too I think we will be ok. Especially the last Cowboys game they will rest their starters if they already secured a spot.

Yep exactly. You don't want the teams to split wins losses, its better for one team to surge ahead and the Cowboys are a better team who are more likely to win anyway, plus they've already beaten us once.

• Like 2