Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Race: Demented WannaBe Dictator Trump vs President Biden

88Comrade2000

I mean, his objective running as an independent wouldn't be to win, it would be to **** over the GOP candidate that beat him.  He could still easily achieve that objective even if he's barred in six states. Of course, he wouldn't even need to official run to do that, he could just keep being his usual self and constantly hurl invective at the GOP nominee.  

That said, none of this matters, most signs point to Trump running away with this thing. 

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Interesting plot twist in my neighborhood, 2 of the dozen or so mega Trumpers that wave their flags proud have made a switch to…

Desantis 2024

Get a bunch of Desantis 2024 and Trump 2024 flyers. "Enhance" them as you see fit and then leave them in opposing neighbors mailboxes.  With a little effort you should be able to push them into Hatfield and Mccoy territory.  Then just get some lemonade and popcorn, put on some body armor, and watch the games. Fun for the whole family!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I don’t think he could raise that much. Big donors won’t go to him and those small donors don’t have that much money. 

He was making a lot off of small donors after losing in 2020. Don't underestimate the grift. It's an investment in future grifts. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

He was making a lot off of small donors after losing in 2020. Don't underestimate the grift. It's an investment in future grifts. 

There's a maximum on what they can donate and alot of them have already donated to his PACS and are topped out.  His small donors- average Joes aren't flowing in money.

• Thumb up 1

Going to have lunch with Adam Schiff this weekend. He's running to succeed Dianne Feinstein in the Senate. Going shake his hand and have a shot of whiskey with the gentleman. He is taking a thousand bucks from me so he better win! 🗯

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

On 3/5/2023 at 4:53 PM, Larry said:

Has it even been demonstrated by Hogan?  

Granted, it's harder to tell, with a Governor.  No pesky on-the-record votes for federal budgets, or anything.  

He was overruled by a Democratic (but not really all that progressive) legislature on many matters in Maryland. But overriding vetoes often takes a year to happen because of the sign-o-rama that takes place every Spring.  The legislature has to take it back up the following year. So there was a lot of negotiating here and there from both. Hogan often agreed to sign watered down proposals in the name of expediency and he would sometimes get some red meat toward the projects he wanted (often related to building things near his or his friend's properties.) 

Profile in Courage to not run, there, Lurry. 

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Going to have lunch with Adam Schiff this weekend. He's running to succeed Dianne Feinstein in the Senate. Going shake his hand and have a shot of whiskey with the gentleman. He is taking a thousand bucks from me so he better win! 🗯

Tell him to drop out so Katie Porter can get and keep the seat for 40+ years. 

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Tell him to drop out so Katie Porter can get and keep the seat for 40+ years. 

Is she a better candidate? I will if she is! I don't particularly care about politics, I'm just going cuz my pops is going and it is a chance to see him. Also gives me a chance to fly up to San Francisco for the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

31 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Is she a better candidate? I will if she is! I don't particularly care about politics, I'm just going cuz my pops is going and it is a chance to see him. Also gives me a chance to fly up to San Francisco for the weekend.

Behind the scenes? No idea. On camera? She's much better with her whiteboard and doing the numbers live. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

DeSantis is going to get Chris Christied in the primary if he attempts to run against Trump.  I think DeSantis is another case of big fish in a small pond. It's also why on the other side, I am not sure if Newsom would play on a national level despite me personally liking a lot of aspects of him. 

Trump is in the unique position where his supporters simply don't care about any of his negative traits.  They either ignore them, excuse them, or outright deny they exist.  It gives Trump free reign to go after his opponents without any fear of what they might say back in response.  

• Thumb up 1

Weird that DeSantis led Trump by 12 in a University of New Hampshire Poll roughly a month earlier:

https://scholars.unh.edu/survey_center_polls/727/

Still think it depends on how quickly this can become a two-person race. Agree with NoCal that Trump's supporters don't care about his negative traits, and again think he's the most likely party nominee, and probable winner of the 2024 presidential election. That said, its still head scratching that GOP voters overall would choose him if there was just one relatively strong challenger?

Do you not realize that 30 to 40% of the GOP base believes Trump was removed due to deep state conspiracy, criminally and illegally stuffing mail-in ballots for Biden? 

If I was a conservative, woman and black hating insecure white male, I would like him too.

I am waiting for the liberal version of Trump like personality to show up and crush all the Democratic politicians.  Have to make due with "uncharismatically competent, if not somewhat steady..." ..

10 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Behind the scenes? No idea. On camera? She's much better with her whiteboard and doing the numbers live. 

I agree about Porter, but Schiff is incredibly intelligent and a heavyweight for the Democrats in Congress.  I just looked through his Wikipedia and realized his wife's name is Eve.  Could be an interesting ice breaker... 

Porter is more progressive, Schiff more of a centrist and foreign policy guy although they are both social liberals.  I would be interested in what his thoughts are on Ukraine-Russia and China.  

3 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I agree about Porter, but Schiff is incredibly intelligent and a heavyweight for the Democrats in Congress.  I just looked through his Wikipedia and realized his wife's name is Eve.  Could be an interesting ice breaker... 

Porter is more progressive, Schiff more of a centrist and foreign policy guy although they are both social liberals.  I would be interested in what his thoughts are on Ukraine-Russia and China.  

I don't understand how this can end cordially, especially if Porter wins.

4 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I'd prefer Schiff stay in the House. Not just go away all together. Strategically, I think Porter's style would stand out even better in the Senate. That's all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Still a big Mayor Pete fan. But I suspect he's considerably less popular than a year ago. 

I think he'd be good in the Senate. He's smart and well spoken.

To be honest, I'm tired of Schumer. I want new Dems who like Pete and Porter, think fast and can flip an argument while making a point. 

• Like 1