Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Race: Demented WannaBe Dictator Trump vs President Biden

88Comrade2000

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I think he'd be good in the Senate. He's smart and well spoken.

To be honest, I'm tired of Schumer. I want new Dems who like Pete and Porter, think fast and can flip an argument while making a point. 

I suspect there are reasons we don't get top quality representation in Congress.  It's not a "meritocracy" at all.  

Russia tried to influence U.S. elections in 2022 and will do it again, nation’s top intel agency says

Russia conducted malign influence operations in the 2022 U.S. midterm elections and is using increasingly clandestine means to “penetrate the Western information environment,” the U.S. intelligence community said in a new report Wednesday.

Moscow will also work to “strengthen ties” to Americans in media and politics as it works to carry out “future influence operations,” the Office of the Director of National Intelligence said in the latest edition of its annual assessment of worldwide threats to U.S. national security.

The 2023 report came four months after the most recent midterm elections, where concerns about Russian influence efforts were more muted in comparison with the two previous presidential election cycles in 2016 and 2020.

The intelligence community found that Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in the 2016 election with a “clear preference” for then-candidate Donald Trump, who would go on to win that race.

Trump — who during that campaign had called on Russia to find his then-rival Hillary Clinton’s emails — later questioned whether Russia interfered in the 2016 election. During a meeting with Putin in 2018, Trump indicated that he believed the Russian leader’s claim that the Kremlin did not meddle in the 2016 race — essentially siding with Putin’s stance over his own intelligence community’s assessment. Trump later backtracked on those remarks.

Ahead of last November’s midterms, researchers reportedly identified Russian efforts to interfere by using social media accounts posing as Americans to stoke partisan anger and undermine trust in the electoral process. The FBI and the Department of Justice’s cybersecurity agency had warned ahead of the midterms that foreign actors were likely to try and spread disinformation before and after Election Day.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

11 hours ago, China said:

Russia tried to influence U.S. elections in 2022 and will do it again, nation’s top intel agency says

Russia conducted malign influence operations in the 2022 U.S. midterm elections and is using increasingly clandestine means to “penetrate the Western information environment,” the U.S. intelligence community said in a new report Wednesday.

Multiple countries try to influence our elections.  And we are involved in trying to influence other countries elections ourselves.  It is just the way the modern world works.   Social media has made it easier to do this than say even 30 years ago because it is a lot easier to directly reach voters.   All that said, for the most part these campaigns are not very effective.  Arguably the Russian effort in 2016 was more effective than normal, but the key thing was Russia's most potent means of influencing was releasing hacked, but true information.  They hacked Podesta's emails and then slowly released a lot of information that kind of confirmed people's already bad impression of Hillary (e.g. for example that the DNC gave her campaign access to the questions before her debate with Bernie Sanders).  Russia's actual mis-information campaign probably was less effective.

But my point is, this is the world we live in.   Focusing so much on Russia without taking in the context that other countries are doing the same thing in regards to our elections and that we are doing the same thing all over the world kind of leads to a warped perspective that doesn't reflect how the world actually works.

Edited by philibusters

Ooooh, a little bothsidesism for breakfast!  

Safe to say, Canada’s attempts to influence US politics will be considerably less evil and destructive than Putin’s.  Though only Putin’s efforts will be so brazenly supportive of Bernie Sanders and his band of useless idiots.

Edited by TradeTheBeal!

I have a friend who's into crystals and my granddaughter might be or was interested. I have one that I bought years ago because I like the color. It's a blue gray color. I have no idea what it's supposed to mean. 

I look at crystals, astrology, tarot cards, mediums the same as I consider all religions, made up in the minds of humans to explain the unexplained. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

‘Don’t Be Fooled’: Why Leading GOPers Are Taking Aim At Both Trump and DeSantis

When former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie took his turn on stage at a Republican donor conference here late last month, he brought the crowd alive with a rousing and extended denunciation of Donald Trump.

Demanding his party “stop whispering” about their unease with Trump, Christie excoriated Trump for falsely claiming the 2020 election was stolen, propelling a series of lackluster candidates last year and generally presiding over the decline of the GOP over the last half decade.

“If we continue down this road it’s a road that will lead us to another four years of Joe Biden,” Christie warned, repurposing Trump’s memorable vow that Republicans would become tired of winning on his watch to lament their “losing and losing and losing and losing.”

Yet what was even more revealing about Christie’s half-hour remarks, a recording of which I obtained, was the less direct but unmistakable and certainly not whispered criticism he leveled at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

Christie called DeSantis’s warnings about sliding into a proxy war with China “one of the most naïve things I’ve ever heard in my life” — arguing America is already locked in such a conflict; he told the donors “don’t be fooled by false choices” being pushed by “a fellow governor,” a reference to DeSantis’s argument that Biden was too focused on Ukraine’s border at the expense of America’s border; and, most pointedly, Christie wondered how exactly “they teach foreign policy in Tallahassee.”

If any of the contributors gathered at the Omni Barton Creek Resort outside Austin missed Christie’s point, well, he returned to it following his jeremiad against Trump. Immediately after saying “he is the problem” of the former president, Christie concluded his pitch by warning that the safer course was not to “just nominate Trump Lite.”

Adam Schiff advocates expanding the Supreme Court because the Republicans stacked it unfairly.  A controversial idea, but I support it because the current court is a disaster so something drastic needs to happen.  Overall he is a really well-spoken intelligent guy and I am glad I got to meet him.  He has my vote.

He also talked about the Citizens United v. FEC decision, which I didn't have much knowledge about.  Corporations shouldn't be able to have unlimited financial contributions, it is a huge loophole.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

50 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Adam Schiff advocates expanding the Supreme Court because the Republicans stacked it unfairly.  A controversial idea, but I support it because the current court is a disaster so something drastic needs to happen.  Overall he is a really well-spoken intelligent guy and I am glad I got to meet him.  He has my vote.

He also talked about the Citizens United v. FEC decision, which I didn't have much knowledge about.  Corporations shouldn't be able to have unlimited financial contributions, it is a huge loophole.

Giving corporations the same and or super rights as humans plays right into the transhumanism crap that's pushed the last several years.